Live Country And Western Music In C M?

thaibeachlovers

There is an older guy at T.K. intown ( Moon muang) that puts on a cowboy hat and sings a few.

As far as older Thai guys with hats go, he's not actually all that bad. Overall it's a fun place. (Tiger Kingdom InTown)

+1

Great place.

There is also a place on the Mae Jo Road past the Mae Rim - Doi Saket Road on the right side as you are heading towards Phrao that has C&W music.

There is an older guy at T.K. intown ( Moon muang) that puts on a cowboy hat and sings a few.

As far as older Thai guys with hats go, he's not actually all that bad. Overall it's a fun place. (Tiger Kingdom InTown)

+1

Great place.

There is also a place on the Mae Jo Road past the Mae Rim - Doi Saket Road on the right side as you are heading towards Phrao that has C&W music.

Could ypou be a bit more specific with the location please? GPS co-ords or Google Map pin would be appreciated.

There is a Thai restaurant/bar behind Big C Extra that had a blue grass band to start with and then later in the evening there would be a band playing different country and western songs. Sorry to be so vague but it has been a while since I was there. The same restaurant used to be on the canal road before relocating.

Happened to see a big sign today advertising a place "Country & Western Music and Cowboy Party". Heading out of town on the San Kamphaeng Road just before the Saraphi turnoff which would be on your right. I believe the sign was pointing to the first or second soi on the left before the turn off. If you get to the Borsang turn off on the left, you have gone too far.

Not my scene at all but thought I'd pass the info on as I recalled the interest. Yee ha!

Happened to see a big sign today advertising a place "Country & Western Music and Cowboy Party". Heading out of town on the San Kamphaeng Road just before the Saraphi turnoff which would be on your right. I believe the sign was pointing to the first or second soi on the left before the turn off. If you get to the Borsang turn off on the left, you have gone too far.

Not my scene at all but thought I'd pass the info on as I recalled the interest. Yee ha!

It wasn't this from last month? Saw this yesterday outside the venue. Log of Paradis. It's quite away out on hwy 1317 on the right hand side before the Mae On turnoff.

post-99758-0-06399400-1353051627_thumb.j

Now at the first paragraph you had me interested....but then came the Ye ha! ......... now all I can think of is an audience full of stage extras for Deliverance.

Edited by mamborobert

It wasn't this from last month? Saw this yesterday outside the venue. Log of Paradis. It's quite away out on hwy 1317 on the right hand side before the Mae On turnoff.

post-99758-0-06399400-1353051627_thumb.j

You know it could be that the sign got skewed from the wind or something and was pointing at the little soi. The sign was a little different, less colorful and all in Thai but the title.

But I know the place you are talking about. You are right. It is much further down on the way to the hot springs as I recall. We popped in there one night about 3? years ago or more. They invited us back for special night with a BBQ and so forth. We showed up and there was only one other party there. It was real high pressure to consume food and alcohol, spend the night in one of the tree houses (about 3000 THB), etc. We had a drink or two and politely left. Looked like they didn't have much business but my impression was that someone with a lot of money owned it and it has been there for years now.

I guess there must be people on here who are looking for torture techniques?!! Thai guys with cowboy hats singing John Denver "classics".......yes, theres plenty of them about!!

In fact, if anyone ever needs to extract information from me, never mind Guantanamo type tactics, just tie me to a chair and force me to listen to the Thai guys who play in Tiger Kingdom In Town, truly, truly awful......I ll tell you everything in an instant!!

When you think of the generic concept known as World Music, you think of Bossa Nova from Brasil, Tango from Argentina, Reggae from Jamaica, Jazz from South Africa, etc etc etc....but funny, you never ever think of any kind of music from Thailand!!

....but funny, you never ever think of any kind of music from Thailand!!

You might not ...... but I think 'Pua Chewit' music from Thailand.

Anyway, just for you

"Country rooooads take me hooome , to the plaaaace I belooooong, West Virginia ........"

Edited by TommoPhysicist