Emirates A380 Engine Explosion After Departure From Sydney.

yermanee

All the engines "just stopped"?

Not doubting your story, just the details.

From inside the cabin of an aircraft on finals, it might suddenly go very quiet over the threshold, but to have all the engines stop is something else indeed.

edit: Just did a search on this, and came up with nothing. Can you provide more details, date, route etc? Coming back from Bangkok to where via Doha?

nearly 6 yrs ago, jan '07 altho i don't have the return date. it was flying via Doha to Gatwick and the plane was an A330.

Sounds like you don't quite believe me but its completely true, lights went out, the plane just lost power. i can't remember how many seconds before landing, I'll have to ask my friend. No explanation at all and after the long stopover we were back on the same plane for the last leg, quite scary!

Emirates don't use Rolls Royce engines on their A380s

This is the second non RR failure on a 380 in TWO DAYS http://blogs.crikey....n-two-days-but/

Having been on, and not been impressed by, the Thai A380 I will be avoiding this aircraft wherever possible.

4 long haul Airbus flights, give me Boeing anytime. I find myself pulling on the armrests on A340s trying to pull them into the air.

Like you Boeing aircraft are full of gas to keep them afloat, what a load of rubbish!!

.... he is actually partially correct about his Boeing... The Airbus has more electronic control where the Boeing has less of it...

Being electrically/electronically based myself for my profession I tend to agree that I feel more comfortable in a Boeing as electronics fails without a life expectancy or predictable time span...

I still fly with Airbus's as sadly I am not in control of associating which aircraft go with which flight routes & for some silly reason I don't think I ever will be tongue.png

Also.. I would have well over 500 flights by now & agree.. lots of problems have been seen even the one where a certain airline 'forgot' to fill up the tanks to the correct level for the flight.. a technical issue it was called but easily fixed by the fuel truck clap2.gif

.... he is actually partially correct about his Boeing... The Airbus has more electronic control where the Boeing has less of it...

Being electrically/electronically based myself for my profession I tend to agree that I feel more comfortable in a Boeing as electronics fails without a life expectancy or predictable time span...

I still fly with Airbus's as sadly I am not in control of associating which aircraft go with which flight routes & for some silly reason I don't think I ever will be tongue.png

Also.. I would have well over 500 flights by now & agree.. lots of problems have been seen even the one where a certain airline 'forgot' to fill up the tanks to the correct level for the flight.. a technical issue it was called but easily fixed by the fuel truck clap2.gif

Airbus fly by wire aircraft have 4 levels of redundancy and strict procedures for testing/maintenance etc.

As well as miscalculating fuel, there was that stupid error the Emirates pilots made in Melbourne a couple of years ago where they miscalculated the weight of the plane by 100 tons and nearly crashed on take off.

There is a reason why SQ was first to launch the A380 the D check is fast approaching. SQ is considered one of the absolute best. What is discovered will be shared with all operators of the A380.

Here is a long video almost one hour. It's a 747 and the D check is the same for all aircraft. It shows what happens behind the scenes when this very important strip down occurs and what is tested and fixed.

No big deal. NOT Rolls Royce engines. Aircraft engine fires are fairly frequent and because most of them get engine shutdowns before anything really serious happens most of them are never reported by the media. Hands up anyone who has done 200 plus flights and has never experienced an engine failure. I've flown more than 500 times and have lost count of the failures, fires and other 'emergencies' that I have been subjected to.

Long Haul around 550 ish rotations but only one mid air engine shut down, and we still carried on as normal. I wouldn't call that frequent ??