Stator Rewind Services

sailaway2000

Bump

What sort of bike?

What's the intended use?

A 1981 Honda GL400

Use? To replace the existing as its beginning to show signs of overheating. OHM readings across the three wires are OK but at some point soon it should be replaced.

Thanks,

Mark

Bump

What sort of bike?

What's the intended use?

A 1981 Honda GL400

Use? To replace the existing as its beginning to show signs of overheating. OHM readings across the three wires are OK but at some point soon it should be replaced.

Thanks,

Mark

Wouldn't it be possible to order an aftermarket stator that fits ?

Bump

What sort of bike?

What's the intended use?

A 1981 Honda GL400

Thanks,

Mark

If it came to that, I could, as they are available.

I was just wondering if any has had any experience here having theirs rewound. Time and expense and customs, VAT and Post Offices and etc lead me to wanting to know if there was a reputable place here offering professional services other than the local hacks.

Besides, I ride and IF something happens, it usually happens at the worst time, in the worst place, and at the best time of year for riding (like now).

Ya, I should probably just get one ordered and on stand-by for when the need arises.

Thanks

Edited by sailaway2000

If it came to that, I could, as they are available.

I was just wondering if any has had any experience here having theirs rewound. Time and expense and customs, VAT and Post Offices and etc lead me to wanting to know if there was a reputable place here offering professional services other than the local hacks.

Besides, I ride and IF something happens, it usually happens at the worst time, in the worst place, and at the best time of year for riding (like now).

Ya, I should probably just get one ordered and on stand-by for when the need arises.

Thanks

I'm sure you can get an aftermarket stator delivered without customs, tax or VAT involved. It's not that it weighs 20 kg is it, and for sure it will also not cost an arm and a leg.

I know a place in Pattaya - Naklua that rewinds transformers, so I guess they do stators as well, but can't comment on their quality.

After all, at the time you have the issue, I'm sure they aren't sitting idle waiting for your business.

If I was in your position I would just order a spare one abroad for when you need it, it doesn't eat any food.

Just a tip, have a look at Aliexpress.com you may find what you need at a comfortable price.

Edited by jbrain

I would go for the full-fledged machine re-wound import IF it is machine done. A stator hand re-wound cannot be done as evenly. I am told (not being electrically literate enough to know these things myself) that uneven winding of wires leads to hot spots and eventually burnt out wiring. Maybe someone more knowledgeable could confirm?