German Stabs Dog To Death In Frenzied Attack In Sattahip

Rimmer

German stabs dog to death in frenzied attack in Sattahip

SATTAHIP:--On Monday Afternoon a German resident in Sattahip reportedly stabbed a Golden Retriever a total of 17 times following numerous attacks by the 2 year old dog on his Pet Rottweiler.

Police were called to a Village in Sattahip by the Chief of the Village, just after 2pm, to investigate claims the German, named as Mr. Alfred Gatt aged 65, stabbed the Golden Retriever until he died.

The dead dog belongs to Chief Petty Officer First Class Gampon aged 43 and his wife, Khun Vilawan aged 42 who both witnessed the attack along with other villagers. They were prevented from approaching as Mr. Gatt is alleged to have threatened anyone who came close ,with his knife which Khun Vilawan claimed he would keep strapped to his trouser belt whenever he took his Rottweiler for a walk due to problems with the Golden Retriever who would often bite the Rottweiler according to friends of Mr. Gatt.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/65757/german-stabs-dog-death-frenzied-attack-sattahip/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-11-13

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow - what an upsetting story sad.pngsad.png

If the account is correct, I hope the authorities deal with this unpleasant individual angry.png

Seems to be a number of stabbings in the news recently - I hope the BIB search for concealed weapons during their stop and searches for drugs, traffic violations etc.

• Like 2

This is horrible. I nearly cried when I looked at the pictures of the dead Golden Retriever covered in blood. Something pretty nasty is going to happen to the German idiot for brutally murdering the pet dog of a naval NCO in a naval area and the best of various possibilities for him would be that he gets deported from Thailand.

I feel sorry for his Rottweiler though. Sad to say it is now under a death sentence due to its owner's petulant action and will inevitably die in agony from poisoned chicken in the near future.

Edited by Arkady
  • Like 2

If the account is correct, I hope the authorities deal with this unpleasant individual angry.png

Seems to be a number of stabbings in the news recently - I hope the BIB search for concealed weapons during their stop and searches for drugs, traffic violations etc.

why,he was defending his dog from a loose dangerous animal,he should get an award,dogs are a pest at the best of times,though he could have done it the thai way.

Well I think your wrong - one of the reasons I really love living in Hindu and Buddhist locales is their attitude towards animals. IMHO its very well summed-up in this quote from the net:

Buddhism considers all of life to be evolving toward higher consciousness. To the Buddhist, any practice by which man sustains himself at the expense of other sentient beings is considered wrong. Buddhism considers non-human life to be Divine just as is human life. Animals are seen to be an evolving kingdom of living creatures destined in time to attain perfect enlightenment. All of life is seen to be one. According to this conviction, to harm any living thing is to do injury to the One Eternal and Divine Life. Since animals are considered to be traveling towards enlightenment just as man is, neither are they to be harmed, discouraged or hampered in their progress.

Thailand gets close to this - but if you really want to see how to value all God's creatures, on a day to day basis - not in some abstract sense, then go and spend some time in India - coolest place I've ever lived.

wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

• Like 1

There is absolutely no control of dogs in Thailand, neither regarding wild dogs or dogs with owners. The authorities do not care, and the dog owners generally do not care. I completely understand this guy, although 17 times seems a bit excessive!

2nd that. Should have used a stick or pepper spray.

• Like 2

I have a golden Lab registered female and an adopted, lets say street dog, when he was born, from neighbours, The lab Khrisna stays away from trouble. Buddha the male will scrap if he has to. They both love people and hate to be chained when students arrive in my home for classes, or guests arrive, because they both want to jump and touch everyone gently. I have trained them as much as you can train dogs. They are like brother and sister, play together, lick each others wounds etc. They are my Thai girlfriends children. She used to buy me gifts, now she buys them stuffed animals. She used to cook me dinner, now she cooks for the dogs first. I like to say there are three dogs in my family Buddha, Khrisna and me. The next one will be called Ganesh, all names from my 15 years in the far east.

Edited by Colabamumbai
  • Like 2

I have a similar problem to the German man but my approach is different. I have a Bangkaew dog and that is a breed that, like Rottweilers, has a reputation for fierceness. My Bangkaew is aggressive towards other dogs but sadly she has hardly any teeth due to the administration of tetracycline antibiotics by the vet to save her life from distemper contracted as a puppy that rotted her teeth. Therefore we need to be particularly protective towards her when we take her for walks. She is never allowed off the leash out of the house but she is has been attacked several times by a Golden Retriever and another Bangkaew dog whose owners allow them to roam around freely off the leash attacking other dogs. Several humans have also been bitten by the Bangkaew either while walking their dogs or riding bicycles which many dogs dislike.

The fact is that a good stick is much more effective than a knife because you need to get close in to use a knife and risk serious injury if a dog is really riled and in a mood to attack humans. (I suspect the Golden Retriever was only aggressive towards the Rottweiler and let the German get close to it without biting him or he would have been badly injured.) A handful of pebbles will usually do the job even before a dog gets close enough to use a stick. In our case the Golden Retriever is the least of my worries, as they not usually aggressive towards humans and can normally be driven off from other dogs fairly easily. Even though runs it up for the attack growling it is easy to drive it off just by swishing a stick in front of its nose. My stick has only actually made contact with a mongrel dog that tried its luck on my dog until it got the message with several stout blows from my rattan cane. I am more worried about the other Bangkaew which I have managed to drive off without hitting it several times but it is still young and may become even more aggressive when it reaches maturity. I once joked with my wife that I might have to start carrying my Gurkha kukri to defend our dog but she said the idea of killing a neighbour's dog is something I should not even joke about. Certainly our own dog would not live very long after that and it would not end there.

• Like 2

Thai dog owners are the worst!!! 6 months of a neighbors yappy dog 14 hours a day and I live 3 houses away. It is remarkable that people tolerate such abhorrent behavior for so long without snapping like this guy did. I have been tempted to just sit out in front of their house with an airhorn but I am a Farang so I would be the one in trouble!

You've never lived in the Humboldt Park neighborhood in Chicago! ;)

• Like 1

I've found a way to teach the dog to keep quiet,

I bought the air rifle (soft airgun)

Then I shout at the dog to shut up, if the dog does not, I'll shoot him in the ass.

next time I do the same thing,

but the third time, the dog shut up when I tell. thumbsup.gif

Works every time, but some dog I must shoot 4-5 time whistling.gif

(I DON'T Hurt the dog, it only feel a bit pain and uncomfortable)

There are much better and safer ways to train a dog. I suggest you shoot yourself in the ass a few times at point blank range and see how much you like it.

• Like 2

why,he was defending his dog from a loose dangerous animal,he should get an award,dogs are a pest at the best of times,though he could have done it the thai way.

Well I think your wrong - one of the reasons I really love living in Hindu and Buddhist locales is their attitude towards animals. IMHO its very well summed-up in this quote from the net:

Buddhism considers all of life to be evolving toward higher consciousness. To the Buddhist, any practice by which man sustains himself at the expense of other sentient beings is considered wrong. Buddhism considers non-human life to be Divine just as is human life. Animals are seen to be an evolving kingdom of living creatures destined in time to attain perfect enlightenment. All of life is seen to be one. According to this conviction, to harm any living thing is to do injury to the One Eternal and Divine Life. Since animals are considered to be traveling towards enlightenment just as man is, neither are they to be harmed, discouraged or hampered in their progress.

Thailand gets close to this - but if you really want to see how to value all God's creatures, on a day to day basis - not in some abstract sense, then go and spend some time in India - coolest place I've ever lived.

wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

Never understood why Thai Buddhists are generally avid meat eaters, whist Buddhists scripture, as quoted above, states don't harm living beings - care to explain?

I agree with BIG RICK-I too have had problems with the some of the brain dead and very stubborn Thais(what to speak of deaf possibly) who refuse to keep their useless dogs under control.Give this German man a medal-Chiang mai is overun with flea bitten dogs but they are protected like Royalty-????????Barking all night-defecating everywhere-and no-one gives a dam_n-I agree with the Buddhists about non -violence but here in THailand even the monks have somehow twisted LOrd Buddhas philosophy to allow themselves to eat flesh,so why not eat the dogs then--eat  the dogs and save the cows-at least cows are useful for milk-ice cream-cheese and  such..So all of these non-sense people who make a show of not killing mosquitoes and dogs-but eat everything else --if you are not vegetarian then go and have your head examined because you are most certainly crazy.

Its not against Buddhism to eat meat. Living on alms you accept what you're given. We don't accept things killed specifically for us, are stolen or were previously offered. The Buddhist vegetarian thing is a myth. Non violence is not related to diet as what you're eating is already dead. Hopefully.

Really what is wrong with these people...

Nothing - its you - you're living in the wrong country.

Don't think so, whatever country I live in I am not going to let an animal bite me to placate others.

Are you saying you would let a dog bite you before you would kick it?