German Stabs Dog To Death In Frenzied Attack In Sattahip

Rimmer

I see a lot of people have jumped on the "soi dog" band wagon. The labrador was owned by a married couple, therefore one would assume that it was a family pet?

When the German was walking his dog (the Rottweiller) did he have it on a lead or was it running free?

All dogs are territorial, and will protect that territory to one extent or another, depending on the breed. If the Rottweiller wandered into the lab's patch, then you will see a reaction.

Obviously the above is speculation, but it will give you a slightly different perspective of what could have happened. Either way, the German is a <deleted> maniac for carrying a knife in the first place with the intent of using it (in that he wore it on his belt when taking his dog out for a walk).

And lastly, it was a Rottweiller, not a poodle or a pug! Dog wants to "Man-up" a bit!

Edit: Just looking at the pictures of the dog in the full story link in the OP, it appears clean, well nourished and is wearing a collar. Not what you would expect from a "Soi Dog" either.

Why would you let a family pet out onto the public street? Would you leave your car parked, unattended, with all the windows and doors open with the key in the ignition? NO. To do either is inviting trouble.

The article does not state the leash status of the Rottweiler but says it was being taken for a walk. Walking a dog normally means using a leash. The Golden's territory is behind its gate not in front of it. It should never have been on the street unleashed.

The Rottweiler does not need to do anything. It should not have been attacked by the loose canon of a Golden. Perhaps the German has trained his dog to be gentle and mild, good with people and other dogs. Just as I have trained my Labrador. It is the Golden's owners who are 100% at fault here.

"It is the Golden's owners who are 100% at fault here."

I think you may have something a bit mixed up here as to who was at fault. I would have thought that the guy with the knife, remember, the one that stabbed the labrador 17 time might have taken a little bit of the blame........wink.png

Really stupid comment from you there, IMEHO

I'm not mixed up neither do I consider it a stupid comment. The Thai owner's are 100% at fault because they let their dog out on to the public street. You can't blame the Golden, it was just doing what come naturally to it. Its bad behavior is a reflection of its bad owners. You can't blame the German he was protecting himself and his property from the uncontrollable Golden. If you can't see that then it is you who are stupid IMEHO. If the German had stabbed a human attacker we would all be shouting self-defense. I don't see the difference, he and his was under threat, he defended himself. I carry a very large stick while walking my dog. I feel completely at liberty to strike out at anyone or anything that threatens either me or my dog.

OK, I take your point on the owners responsibilies, and do agree to an extent. However, to justify the German's actions by stabbing the lab (17 times!) to me is crazy, that is not the actions of a sane person. Not sure if you have ever broken a fight between two medium sized dogs before, but they don't stand still, and to lunge with a knife (17 times) would put both animals in danger, if that was the case.

Just to clarify my situation, I own two fully grown siberian huskies and take them for their exercise every night, normally between 5 or 6 kilometers. We encounter many dogs on this walk and have never had a bad encounter with another dog except for some growling and dominance issues, which is normal but has never turned nasty. Let the dogs get on with it, its what they do.

The closest I have come to having a problem was with an English guy who was with his Golden (really) on a leash; this was in an area where we let the animals run free for their exercise. This is in a park and is a recognised exercise area where the dogs can swim and run their legs off.

His reaction to my dogs approaching was to start screaming and shouting, waving his arms all over the place. In turn, his own dog was getting confused and was itself going ballistic, and this of course spreads to my animals. In this case, the fault of the confrontation was all with the English guy by his over-reaction of the situation. My dogs were called back and we carried on. In this case there wasn't a real problem, but if there wasn't proper control it could very easily have escalated into something a lot more serious by this persons over-reaction.

That said, I am also very protective of my animals and always carry a one and a half metre length of 3/4 inch stainless steel pipe, tapped at both ends and filled with sand and oil for extra weight. If it was neccessary, I would have no hesitation in using this in defense of myself and my animals, but the need has never arisen in the last three and a half years.

Perhaps the dogs are more friendly up here, or we don't have so many nutters out walking their dogs.

• Like 1

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Strange that this topic comes at the same time as the Canadian guy lost it and stab the lawyer many times.

It seem that pressure build up so much in these guy that they snap in a big way with a disaster result.

If you are like this then better not to come to Thailand at all i think.to many things to annoy a person to the extreme and so you need to be like the thai mentality in that case.to take all the crap they can throw and then only to smile back.If everything annoy you to this extremity the should get out now while you still alive as things aint gonna get any better!

You need to read more newspapers. Haven't you seen the increase in violent crimes made by Thais. I was mugged some years ago buy a Thai, since then I have heard of many such cases. Shootings, stabbings, rape etc. all committed by Thais mostly against Thais have all been on the increase. Violence is not limited to Farang.

There was a law passed awhile back that required all dog owners to register their dog and get them vaccinated. This requirement came with the additional requirement to be able to present a license and vaccination document/s. The fine for disobeying this law is 5,000 THB and or some time in jail.

Since that time, all the loving Thais turned their beasts out onto the street. I can understand that they like the dogs as an early warning system for scoundrels, but the trade off os unacceptable to public health. FOrget the fact that these automatons (Thais) have grown up around these noises and hardly ehar them anyway, or when a dog begins to bark, they do nothing about it; sort of defeating the purpose in a very Thai kind of way, no doubt.

Furthermore, there are strict laws about moving dogs about the Kingdom, which, again, flies in the face of what actually is (see http://www.dld.go.th...ve/index1e.html )

I seriously doubt this so-called owner has the vaccination and license to show that the "lose piece of property" is his, and if so, then he is just as responsible as if it were his Land Cruiser losing its brakes on a slope and the German breaking the glass trying to get out of the way.

Dogs are considered property, not humans. If the property is at large, then the so-called owner must be responsible.

The problem with Thais is that they have no back bone when it comes to stepping up to the floor and being responsible; unless of course they have a support group of ten or twenty who will glady kick in the head of the offending party, be it man or beast.

To the people who called this man negative things, you make me utterly sick, and I hope we never meet under the circumstance, figuratively speaking, that your pooch threatens to take a lethal bite at my son while your pooch is loose property.

Dogs begatting dogs does not give them license to be above the safety of public health and welfare for human beings.

The foreigner does not have to go home and he has a goddamned right to protect himself against an aggressive beast; and I don't give a dam_n who says owns it. I have succinctly pointed out that 99% of all Thais do not follow the law regarding these animals. They are wring; not the German man after the facts.

Hey cup-O-coffee,

Could you please PM me the link to the license law for dogs here that you refer to? I honestly can't remember getting a license for mine, but perhaps the wife has done this.

We have the pedigree certificates from the Thai Kennel club and obviously their medical histories for vacinations, etc but I can never remember seeing a licence.

Thanks,

Chris

Why would you let a family pet out onto the public street? Would you leave your car parked, unattended, with all the windows and doors open with the key in the ignition? NO. To do either is inviting trouble.

The article does not state the leash status of the Rottweiler but says it was being taken for a walk. Walking a dog normally means using a leash. The Golden's territory is behind its gate not in front of it. It should never have been on the street unleashed.

The Rottweiler does not need to do anything. It should not have been attacked by the loose canon of a Golden. Perhaps the German has trained his dog to be gentle and mild, good with people and other dogs. Just as I have trained my Labrador. It is the Golden's owners who are 100% at fault here.

I think you may have something a bit mixed up here as to who was at fault. I would have thought that the guy with the knife, remember, the one that stabbed the labrador 17 time might have taken a little bit of the blame........wink.png

I'm not mixed up neither do I consider it a stupid comment. The Thai owner's are 100% at fault because they let their dog out on to the public street. You can't blame the Golden, it was just doing what come naturally to it. Its bad behavior is a reflection of its bad owners. You can't blame the German he was protecting himself and his property from the uncontrollable Golden. If you can't see that then it is you who are stupid IMEHO. If the German had stabbed a human attacker we would all be shouting self-defense. I don't see the difference, he and his was under threat, he defended himself. I carry a very large stick while walking my dog. I feel completely at liberty to strike out at anyone or anything that threatens either me or my dog.

OK, I take your point on the owners responsibilies, and do agree to an extent. However, to justify the German's actions by stabbing the lab (17 times!) to me is crazy, that is not the actions of a sane person. Not sure if you have ever broken a fight between two medium sized dogs before, but they don't stand still, and to lunge with a knife (17 times) would put both animals in danger, if that was the case.

Just to clarify my situation, I own two fully grown siberian huskies and take them for their exercise every night, normally between 5 or 6 kilometers. We encounter many dogs on this walk and have never had a bad encounter with another dog except for some growling and dominance issues, which is normal but has never turned nasty. Let the dogs get on with it, its what they do.

The closest I have come to having a problem was with an English guy who was with his Golden (really) on a leash; this was in an area where we let the animals run free for their exercise. This is in a park and is a recognised exercise area where the dogs can swim and run their legs off.

His reaction to my dogs approaching was to start screaming and shouting, waving his arms all over the place. In turn, his own dog was getting confused and was itself going ballistic, and this of course spreads to my animals. In this case, the fault of the confrontation was all with the English guy by his over-reaction of the situation. My dogs were called back and we carried on. In this case there wasn't a real problem, but if there wasn't proper control it could very easily have escalated into something a lot more serious by this persons over-reaction.

That said, I am also very protective of my animals and always carry a one and a half metre length of 3/4 inch stainless steel pipe, tapped at both ends and filled with sand and oil for extra weight. If it was neccessary, I would have no hesitation in using this in defense of myself and my animals, but the need has never arisen in the last three and a half years.

Perhaps the dogs are more friendly up here, or we don't have so many nutters out walking their dogs.

Perhaps the German's reaction was a bit over the top. If you read the OP it seems that this was not the first time he and his dog had been attacked by the Golden. As I said I carry a stick and do not hesitate to use it.

As for breaking up a fight between dogs I only did that last week. I used my stick to constantly beat the dog until it released its grip on the others neck. A Thai security guard tried to break them apart but waving his stick at them. A Russian lady used the sweeping end of a broom to do the same. They both failed where I succeeded. The Russian ladies children were most thankful to me as the dog loosing the fight was their favorite of the strays. They took it away for treatment of its bloodied neck and ear.

I have a 3 year old, 38kg, spayed, Labrador bitch. She is very friendly to people and other dogs because she has been associated with them since her puppy days. I like to take her out for walks not only for her to get exercise but me also. I live in an urban area where there are plenty of street/soi dogs as well as pets on the loose. We are constantly harassed by all those strays. My dog just sits and waits while I use my stick on all the dogs who would wish to attack mine because she has entered what they consider to be their territory. But it is a public street. It is everybody's territory including mine as a taxpayer. Sometimes owners come rushing out and try to retrieve their dog from the melee. Most of these people apologize for their dogs bad behavior recognizing my right to walk with my leashed dog along a public street. Some don't and are abusive towards me telling me "Farang go home (f_o_o_k off)". By the time we return home I am a nervous wreck. It takes quite a few days before I can get up the courage to go through it all again. But I do because as a responsible dog owner I know my dog needs exercise.

Once a week we go to the beach. It is 15 km away so it is not a daily option. There she is allowed off the leash and runs freely, but under constant observation. She chases ball or Frisbee and is a favorite with all the locals and visitors alike. She also swims and really get a chance to let off steam. Most of the strays leave her alone. One male stray often accompanies her for a paddle and is very protective should another come too close. My dog meets and plays with many other pet dogs who are also there for exercise. All breeds, big and small. Owners both Thai and Farang. Never a crossed word or fight. All because we have trained our dogs that way. However soi/street dogs and pets on the loose don't seem to have any training at all and that to me is the key and why they should not be allowed.

Edited by Keesters
  • Like 2

There was a law passed awhile back that required all dog owners to register their dog and get them vaccinated. This requirement came with the additional requirement to be able to present a license and vaccination document/s. The fine for disobeying this law is 5,000 THB and or some time in jail.

Since that time, all the loving Thais turned their beasts out onto the street. I can understand that they like the dogs as an early warning system for scoundrels, but the trade off os unacceptable to public health. FOrget the fact that these automatons (Thais) have grown up around these noises and hardly ehar them anyway, or when a dog begins to bark, they do nothing about it; sort of defeating the purpose in a very Thai kind of way, no doubt.

Furthermore, there are strict laws about moving dogs about the Kingdom, which, again, flies in the face of what actually is (see http://www.dld.go.th...ve/index1e.html )

I seriously doubt this so-called owner has the vaccination and license to show that the "lose piece of property" is his, and if so, then he is just as responsible as if it were his Land Cruiser losing its brakes on a slope and the German breaking the glass trying to get out of the way.

Dogs are considered property, not humans. If the property is at large, then the so-called owner must be responsible.

The problem with Thais is that they have no back bone when it comes to stepping up to the floor and being responsible; unless of course they have a support group of ten or twenty who will glady kick in the head of the offending party, be it man or beast.

To the people who called this man negative things, you make me utterly sick, and I hope we never meet under the circumstance, figuratively speaking, that your pooch threatens to take a lethal bite at my son while your pooch is loose property.

Dogs begatting dogs does not give them license to be above the safety of public health and welfare for human beings.

The foreigner does not have to go home and he has a goddamned right to protect himself against an aggressive beast; and I don't give a dam_n who says owns it. I have succinctly pointed out that 99% of all Thais do not follow the law regarding these animals. They are wring; not the German man after the facts.

Hey cup-O-coffee,

Could you please PM me the link to the license law for dogs here that you refer to? I honestly can't remember getting a license for mine, but perhaps the wife has done this.

We have the pedigree certificates from the Thai Kennel club and obviously their medical histories for vacinations, etc but I can never remember seeing a licence.

Thanks,

Chris

I think that cup-O-cofee is a little confused. There is no dog license in Thailand. There was a law passed a few years ago that required all dogs to be electronically tagged. That tag inserted under the skin at the back of the neck contains a number that can be scanned and then looked up in a database to find the owner. But that law applies to Bangkok only. In Pattaya where I live there is no requirement but I have found a vet who was able to tag my dog and I have the certificate to prove it. As far as vaccinations go I believe only rabies is a legal requirement as that is the only one the Pattaya city vet will do for free. I think that a dog out in public areas is supposed to have a tag hanging from its collar to show that it has been vaccinated against rabies. With my dog being so boisterous (or is it girlsterous for a bitch) she has lost so many that I no longer bother. I now just carry the vaccination book with me when we go out on public areas but have never been asked to show it.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

Edited by Keesters
  • Like 1

Hey cup-O-coffee,

Thanks,

Chris

I might be wrong but I remember this as ordinance only covering Bangkok rather than the whole country.

Edit: okay, Keesters beat me to it.

Edited by Tawng

Hey cup-O-coffee,

Thanks,

Chris

I think that cup-O-cofee is a little confused. There is no dog license in Thailand. There was a law passed a few years ago that required all dogs to be electronically tagged. That tag inserted under the skin at the back of the neck contains a number that can be scanned and then looked up in a database to find the owner. But that law applies to Bangkok only. In Pattaya where I live there is no requirement but I have found a vet who was able to tag my dog and I have the certificate to prove it. As far as vaccinations go I believe only rabies is a legal requirement as that is the only one the Pattaya city vet will do for free. I think that a dog out in public areas is supposed to have a tag hanging from its collar to show that it has been vaccinated against rabies. With my dog being so boisterous (or is it girlsterous for a bitch) she has lost so many that I no longer bother. I now just carry the vaccination book with me when we go out on public areas but have never been asked to show it.

Should get a parvo and distemper as well. Edited by FOODLOVER

Hey cup-O-coffee,

Thanks,

Chris

Should get a parvo and distemper as well.

I agree but I was talking about LEGAL requirement not PERSONAL requirement. My dog gets lots of vaccinations other than rabies, those you mention plus kennel cough and heartworm. She is also gets frontline once a month and an oral endectocide. Nothing less than the best for my beauty.

Edited by Keesters

Hey cup-O-coffee,

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks for that Keesters, yes, well clarified.

It was just that I couldn't remember seeing licences, and I know they haven't been tagged, but maybe a good idea to do so.

I wouldn't carry the vaccination books with me, but they are never more than 5-6 kilometers away anyway! The dogs visit the vet every 2 months for their heartworm and other (?) injections. I would also like to recommend Parvo checks when you go there; there is no requirement for the dogs to have the vaccination for that here as far as I know, and you do have to ask for it.

It appears to me after reading through this thread again that some people think that dogs running freely around on the street is OK. I include here dogs that are pets and are let out of their property unleashed on a regular basis. All those people presumably have never been attacked or even bothered by any of these dogs. If they had been perhaps they would change their story.

In today's modern society we have many things to protect the MANY against the SOME. MANY cars have locks to protect them from the SOME who would steal them. Lots have places have laws forbidding ALL to carry firearms to protect the SOME who might get injured by them.

Only SOME of the dogs in question are a nuisance or dangerous. Should we therefore allow the MANY to roam freely and take the risk that we don't happen to come across one of the SOME. I don't think so. Would you all be happy if there were no laws forbidding the carrying of firearms and everybody had one. Would you be prepared to take the risk that you'd not be shot, purposefully or accidentally. I think not.

Should we allow human defecation in public areas as all these people think that defecation in the same places by dogs is OK. Again I don't think so.

To all of you who think that freely roaming dogs is OK I ask you to think again. Think about your neighbor, your children, your fellow human being as well as your dog. If you are so interested in protecting the rights of the dog and don't want to see/hear of more attacks as in the OP then keep your dog and ALL dogs off the street.

i for one would like to see more liberal gun laws

that way the bottom feeders in the food chain would soon be instrumental in their own decline and the world would be a better place for it........

If it was bottom feeders shooting at other bottom feeders and nobody else got caught in between then I might agree with you. However innocent people would get hurt and that makes it unacceptable and is why most places have strict laws on firearms. Likewise if it was stray dogs/loose pets only attacking stray dogs/loose pets then I too wouldn't mind so much. But when they start attacking people and leashed pets I draw the line and say that all those strays and loose pets should be removed from the street.

Edited by Keesters

Hey cup-O-coffee,

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks for that Keesters, yes, well clarified.

It was just that I couldn't remember seeing licences, and I know they haven't been tagged, but maybe a good idea to do so.

I wouldn't carry the vaccination books with me, but they are never more than 5-6 kilometers away anyway! The dogs visit the vet every 2 months for their heartworm and other (?) injections. I would also like to recommend Parvo checks when you go there; there is no requirement for the dogs to have the vaccination for that here as far as I know, and you do have to ask for it.

You are welcome. Best to carry the vaccinations book with you when you're out with your dog. Not carrying it is like not carrying your ID when out or not carrying your driving license when driving. Tell the police that ID or DL is 5-6km away and see what happens. It may not be a legal requirement but better safe than sorry and it can stop any argument about your dog and rabies in its tracks.

Edited by Keesters

I see a lot of people have jumped on the "soi dog" band wagon. The labrador was owned by a married couple, therefore one would assume that it was a family pet?

When the German was walking his dog (the Rottweiller) did he have it on a lead or was it running free?

All dogs are territorial, and will protect that territory to one extent or another, depending on the breed. If the Rottweiller wandered into the lab's patch, then you will see a reaction.

Obviously the above is speculation, but it will give you a slightly different perspective of what could have happened. Either way, the German is a <deleted> maniac for carrying a knife in the first place with the intent of using it (in that he wore it on his belt when taking his dog out for a walk).

And lastly, it was a Rottweiller, not a poodle or a pug! Dog wants to "Man-up" a bit!

Edit: Just looking at the pictures of the dog in the full story link in the OP, it appears clean, well nourished and is wearing a collar. Not what you would expect from a "Soi Dog" either.

just as a thought, I'm wondering how your opinion would be if the said dog had it's teeth buried into your leg or the leg of your wife or children, the dog owners are most certaintly to blame for this and if a previous post is anything to go by (they have 5 dogs - now 4) their dogs terrorise the neighbourhood while the owners stand idle and watch

Was the German guy over the top in dealing with it ? well the jury's out on that one as I believe it depends on the actual incident and past history which most people here don't know all the facts - one thing I do know, dogs are a pest here and like in the west it needs regulated.

• Like 2

Anyone know what the actual law is in TL regarding killing a dog or cat? Is there any law in this regards, other than having to deal with an angry local?

As for all this talk of the locals using common sense...sense is not common in TL.

Sent from my PC36100 using Thaivisa Connect App

The Thai criminal law, Article 381, states “a person committing an act of cruelty or killing an animal by means of inducing unnecessary torment shall be sentenced to one month in jail or fined one thousand baht or both.”

Anyone know what the actual law is in TL regarding killing a dog or cat? Is there any law in this regards, other than having to deal with an angry local?

As for all this talk of the locals using common sense...sense is not common in TL.

The Thai criminal law, Article 381, states “a person committing an act of cruelty or killing an animal by means of inducing unnecessary torment shall be sentenced to one month in jail or fined one thousand baht or both.”

Hmmm. So maybe a single blow resulting in instant death for the offending creature may remove the unnecessary torment aspect? I think its the uncontrolled animals and their irresponsible owners that are inflicting the unnecessary torment.

• Like 1

just as a thought, I'm wondering how your opinion would be if the said dog had it's teeth buried into your leg or the leg of your wife or children, the dog owners are most certaintly to blame for this and if a previous post is anything to go by (they have 5 dogs - now 4) their dogs terrorise the neighbourhood while the owners stand idle and watch

Was the German guy over the top in dealing with it ? well the jury's out on that one as I believe it depends on the actual incident and past history which most people here don't know all the facts - one thing I do know, dogs are a pest here and like in the west it needs regulated.

I think I may have drifted out of context here a little bit in answering the points in the OP, or perhaps others are drifting with mention to dog attacks on people (where did this come from?) and packs of dogs (unsubstanciated report from one poster and not mentioned in the OP) and dogs terrorising neighbourhoods.

The point I was refering to was that nobody actually knows what lead to the incident, a lot of speculation but no proof. The incident itself, where somebody stabbed a dog 17 times, to me, is OTT and not the actions of a sane person.

I am a dog owner myself and would have no hesitation in protecting my animals to the point of killing the offending animal, but I would never ever consider stabbing a dog that number of times. That is, as the OP is titled, a frenzied attack. A lot of posters also seem to have ignored the fact that he was threatening anyone who came near; if the owner had access this would in all probability not have turned out as it has.

Sorry if that offends, just the way I see it.............wai.gif

Thai dog owners are the worst!!! 6 months of a neighbors yappy dog 14 hours a day and I live 3 houses away. It is remarkable that people tolerate such abhorrent behavior for so long without snapping like this guy did. I have been tempted to just sit out in front of their house with an airhorn but I am a Farang so I would be the one in trouble!

Well how many times havent we all been pissed off at things, but the differnce is, we can control ourselves, we don't begin stab someone with a knife, that is totally insane.

This german lunatic ahould be dealt with properly.

Yeah we understand that seems to be the norm and an every day occurrence for Thai's and this falls under that saying, Thai's want Justice...." Just for them " , Here is how I see it, if the Thai didn't own a dog, this would of never happened.

Thai dog owners are the worst!!! 6 months of a neighbors yappy dog 14 hours a day and I live 3 houses away. It is remarkable that people tolerate such abhorrent behavior for so long without snapping like this guy did. I have been tempted to just sit out in front of their house with an airhorn but I am a Farang so I would be the one in trouble!

Well how many times havent we all been pissed off at things, but the differnce is, we can control ourselves, we don't begin stab someone with a knife, that is totally insane.

This german lunatic ahould be dealt with properly.

Yeah we understand that seems to be the norm and an every day occurrence for Thai's and this falls under that saying, Thai's want Justice...." Just for them " , Here is how I see it, if the Thai didn't own a dog, this would of never happened.

Fine for the Thai to own a dog, just keep it behind a closed gate. Should be able to satisfy, to some degree, everybody then. The Thai can own a dog, the Farang can walk his in safety. Everybody wins especially the Golden who would still be alive.

I think I may have drifted out of context here a little bit in answering the points in the OP, or perhaps others are drifting with mention to dog attacks on people (where did this come from?) and packs of dogs (unsubstanciated report from one poster and not mentioned in the OP) and dogs terrorising neighbourhoods.

The point I was refering to was that nobody actually knows what lead to the incident, a lot of speculation but no proof. The incident itself, where somebody stabbed a dog 17 times, to me, is OTT and not the actions of a sane person.

I am a dog owner myself and would have no hesitation in protecting my animals to the point of killing the offending animal, but I would never ever consider stabbing a dog that number of times. That is, as the OP is titled, a frenzied attack. A lot of posters also seem to have ignored the fact that he was threatening anyone who came near; if the owner had access this would in all probability not have turned out as it has.

Sorry if that offends, just the way I see it.............wai.gif

You don't offend, well not me anyway. It appears from the article that this was not the first time that the German had had trouble with the Golden. If the Golden's owner had kept it behind a closed gate, as any responsible dog owner would, this too this would never have happened.

It is sad that the Golden lost its life. One can only hope that people will learn from this. Though as far as Thais are concerned I doubt it.

Keep your dog off the street......it's that simple. If it is OK to keep your dog out on the public street try it with some of your furniture or television. See how long that lasts. A chair or television won't bite you and doesn't defecate and carries no disease. In all honesty would you put any of those on the public street. I think not so why do it with your dog.

Edited by Keesters
  • Like 1

Inflammatory and off topic posts removed, also please see the following rule:

8) Not to post extremely negative views of Thailand or derogatory comments directed towards all Thais.

I should add, the person involved has had at least 2 anonymous letters put in his mail box warning him, its most amusing to see these little tin pot dicatators standing shouting in the soi like madmen waving the letters about, effin pathetic really.

It is the loss of FACE that causes this madmen reaction. They know they do wrong but hate being told so. I wouldn't be surprised if these letters got you nowhere. The normal Thai reaction to being told you're wrong is to do it even more. Just how many have been fined for not wearing a motorcycle helmet yet continue to do so? It really is unbelievable.

I should add, the person involved has had at least 2 anonymous letters put in his mail box warning him, its most amusing to see these little tin pot dicatators standing shouting in the soi like madmen waving the letters about, effin pathetic really.

It is the loss of FACE that causes this madmen reaction. They know they do wrong but hate being told so. I wouldn't be surprised if these letters got you nowhere. The normal Thai reaction to being told you're wrong is to do it even more. Just how many have been fined for not wearing a motorcycle helmet yet continue to do so? It really is unbelievable.

Ahhh - if only the locals were as smart and worldly-wise as your good self - what a great place Thailand would be thumbsup.gif

It appears to me after reading through this thread again that some people think that dogs running freely around on the street is OK. I include here dogs that are pets and are let out of their property unleashed on a regular basis. All those people presumably have never been attacked or even bothered by any of these dogs. If they had been perhaps they would change their story.

And if dogs running freely on the street are OK why not cows, chickens, pigs, sheep etc. Haven't any of you ever been to Kathmandu and seen the chaos there with cattle allowed to roam the street.

Paragraph 1

Not running freely - most houses have no fence at all here!

Yes, never have been bitten, opposite, many dogs come to me and befriend me.wink.png My aura?

Paragraph 2

Yes, water buffalo, ducks, geese and goats not to forget, sometime a horse-seldom, donkey-more seldom, elephant+Mahout-not so seldom!tongue.png

You must not go to Kathmandu, come in my village in Isaan, not think your bit outer city part, is already rural Thailand!

Not brush all in the same style! Your inner city, is not same my open spaces small rural Thai village with small traffic!

Different circumstances!

If somebody would walk here with a dog on the leash and he is not a Falang, they would call the -loony bin-!smile.png

And I never ever saw dog feces in the 2 villages I reside, so much open space to do the business for the dogs, no problem!

With the cows and water buffalo, its a different story, they place small hills on the roads!

Edited by ALFREDO

the argument some people have on here is that he stab the dog 17 times.I am not saying it ok what he did but also must consider this.if he stab the dog just one time it is not probable that the dog just stop and run away.even i think if he stab it many time will be hard to think what a crazy hurt dog will do next.

if you had knife for protection and the dog keep coming at you what to do?

i dont think anyone in bangkok is safe from these mongrel menace.maybe should walk with some sort of capsicum spray to repel this vermin as for me i dont like roaming around the soi with stick in hand.i dont want to scare people or have them to think i am crazy.

but walking home last year a dog come up on me from behind but silent, walk behind and bit me on the angle with no warning so could not tell it was coming with no bark or anything.

imo all dogs belong in the wild anyway, why human ever want as pet is beyond me so its a problem man bring to himself. get a dam_n fish or bird or something why cant you

i never have dog in my life but have to fight off this dam_n risk all the time and had to walk a long way around to avoid this area out of my way.

can forget about trying to find an owner and pay for needle as who would give anything to the farang..but they should be made to pay..needle,time and inconvenient trip to doctor and 3000baht not to mention pain.

i can see why people get angry.if i ever see the one that sneak up on me again i really give it what for no matter what i have for weapon

Must say one thing though - I have a trick to make soi dogs uninterested in eating you: Pick up your mobile phone, put it to your ear and pretend to talk to someone and show the dogs no interest whatsoever. It worked every time I tried back in the days.

Yep, but you don't even need a mobile phone, just don't look at them and move slowly or stay still until they've had a sniff and lost interest. Been doing it for 15 years and never been bitten. The local dogs get used to you and meeting them stops being a confrontation.

I tried that but it didn't seem to work. Maybe I glanced at them and therefore failed. One time they surrounded me and blocked my way, growling and snarling. Quite frightening. They did not attack though, and I slowly passed them.

imo all dogs belong in the wild anyway, why human ever want as pet is beyond me so its a problem man bring to himself.

get a dam_n fish or bird or something why cant you

i never have dog in my life but have to fight off this dam_n risk all the time

Maybe a Psychiatrist or a Dog Whisperer ( Cesar Millan ) could help you.

Dogs feel your fear and that is usually not good with some dogs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cesar_Millan He made the American dream regarding his life, come true!

http://www.cesarsway.com/

The Thai criminal law, Article381, states “a person committing an act of cruelty or killing an animal by means of inducing unnecessary torment shall be sentenced to one month in jail or fined one thousand baht or both.”

Hopefully, the justice system here understands the word, 'unnecessary'. In my view getting rid of the rats IS necessary.

And if dogs running freely on the street are OK why not cows, chickens, pigs, sheep etc. Haven't any of you ever been to Kathmandu and seen the chaos there with cattle allowed to roam the street.

Paragraph 1

Not running freely - most houses have no fence at all here!

Yes, never have been bitten, opposite, many dogs come to me and befriend me.wink.png My aura?

Paragraph 2

Yes, water buffalo, ducks, geese and goats not to forget, sometime a horse-seldom, donkey-more seldom, elephant+Mahout-not so seldom!tongue.png

You must not go to Kathmandu, come in my village in Isaan, not think your bit outer city part, is already rural Thailand!

Not brush all in the same style! Your inner city, is not same my open spaces small rural Thai village with small traffic!

Different circumstances!

If somebody would walk here with a dog on the leash and he is not a Falang, they would call the -loony bin-!smile.png

And I never ever saw dog feces in the 2 villages I reside, so much open space to do the business for the dogs, no problem!

With the cows and water buffalo, its a different story, they place small hills on the roads!

Sir this thread is about an attack made in a URBAN area, Kathmandu too is an URBAN area. It has nothing at all to do with the kind of RURAL area you live in. What goes on in your village CANNOT be applied or compared to those of us who live in cities. If you wish to live among small hills of excrement so be it. But many of us don't preferring a cleaner, safer environment.

Sir this thread is about an attack made in a URBAN area, Kathmandu too is an URBAN area. It has nothing at all to do with the kind of RURAL area you live in. What goes on in your village CANNOT be applied or compared to those of us who live in cities. If you wish to live among small hills of excrement so be it. But many of us don't preferring a cleaner, safer environment.

Sir? rolleyes.gif

This thread is about killing a dog who attacked possibly more than once a wimp of a Rottweiler.

I think, if that happened in a city, or a village in rural Thailand is not from importance!

And what has Kathmandu to do with that anyway? My village is more Thailand than your Kathmandu, or?

Still a Thai Forum here in this section, no?

So you go away from the path of the thread and forum, not me? I am nearer to Sattahip than you to Kathmandu!

Your arguments blow up in your face! Mr. "City" Sir! tongue.png

When you think, you live in a cleaner, safer, environment in Bangkok, Pattaya

and so on than I do here in the countryside with no industry

and very few traffic, because of some regular Buffalo and cow patties, heaps on the roads leading to the village,

than the Exhausts in your "clean"giggle.gif environment you breath and inhale every day, have limited your judgement already a lot!whistling.gif

Safer? No dogs bite here, harass here, all dogs have an owner here and the crime rate over all is sure less in rural Issan than in your "safe" urban blink.png city!

You should come out of your ghetto! You never have been in the "real" Thailand I assume.

After you open your mind and wisdom with some new experiences, views change! Just try it.thumbsup.gif

Edited by ALFREDO