Sms To Thailand

wringo

Hi, just returned form Thailand and having trouble sending a text message from Canada. Tried several different ways, but doesn't seem to work. (+66,drop "0" and number) or (01166 and number) The message seems to get sent but not received! Any suggestions, thanks.

Hi, just returned form Thailand and having trouble sending a text message from Canada. Tried several different ways, but doesn't seem to work. (+66,drop "0" and number) or (01166 and number) The message seems to get sent but not received! Any suggestions, thanks.
Ask your Canadian mobile phone provider if they have an agreement with the Thai provider in question about SMS.

--------------

Maestro

Phone your service provider, you may have to activate international calls / texts.

+66 drop 0 then the number is the right way.

If you've checked with the carrier and it is possible, it could also be the Thai system or maybe just that it's international. I get maybe 1 in 3 SMS my girlfriend sends me with an AIS one-2-call sim. Sending from Cingular US, a much higher percentage make it to her, but not all.

00166 and the number works for me from Fido, Rogers, Bell, or Telus.

Can you recieve pm's from Thailand? Where are you, and what's your provider?

cv

00166 and the number works for me from Fido, Rogers, Bell, or Telus.

Can you recieve pm's from Thailand? Where are you, and what's your provider?

cv

Thank you everyone for all the replies. I'll try them and let you know what worked. I can receive from Thailand no problem. I'm in British Columbia and my provider is Rogers. I haven't tried 001 yet so will do it and see, thanks again....

Wringo

www.ippi.com

You have to pay a nominal fee but it works like a charm ... from your computer. This was the only way I could SMS my lady while I was back in the US.

I second Ipipi based in Canada , you get replies to email and I even got then to open the digicel network in Jamaica to their service. Unbelievable.

Edited by spacebass