First Ever Meeting With Thai Prime Minister Yingluck And U K Tour Operators

webfact

MOMENTOUS OCCASION FOR THAILAND & UK TRAVEL INDUSTRY

First ever meeting with Thai Prime Minister and UK Tour Operators

LONDON: -- A momentous occasion – the first ever address by the Prime Minister of Thailand to UK travel and tourism industry, Yingluck Shinawatra meets with 10 leading tour operators at Grosvenor House, London

At 10:30 am on Tuesday, November 13, 2012, the Prime Minister of Thailand, Yingluck Shinawatra, made history as the first ever Thai Prime Minister to personally meet with the UK travel and tourism industry to discuss the countries strengths and opportunities.

Held at Grosvenor House in London, the Thai Prime Minister met with 10 of the UKs leading tour operators.

The meeting opened with an address by the Prime Minster during which she recognized the UK travel and tourism industries support for Thailand, despite a troublesome few years globally in travel, and confirmed how important the role of tourism plays in Thailand as a key economic pillar.

“Tourism has been one of Thailand’s most successful industries in the last 20 years of socio-economic development. It employs over 4 million people in direct and indirect jobs. It is estimated to generate over 10% of GDP annually. In Thailand, over the last few years, we have felt the impact of both natural disasters and man-made crises, both of which impacted on travel & tourism, but we were fortunate to have made quick recoveries.

“I know that many of you played a major role in ensuring a quick recovery, and I would like to begin by thanking all our friends and colleagues in the UK travel industry for your support,” the Prime Minister began.

The United Kingdom is one of Thailand's major trading partners and ranks second among the European countries. In terms of investment, the UK remains the largest EU investor and a key source of investment for Thailand. At the same time, Thailand’s commercial footprint in the UK is also on the rise. “We are delighted and so proud to welcome and introduce the Thai Prime Minister to some of our key partners here in the UK. It is wonderful that both the tour operators, and Tourism Authority of Thailand’s (TAT), joint efforts and hard work have been recognized. It was a special occasion.” said Joanna Cooke, Marketing & PR Manager (TAT) London.

Full story: http://www.eturbonew...-tour-operators

-- eTN 2012-11-14

footer_n.gif

If tourism is so important to Thailand. Why has the murder of kirsty jones, never been solved? Also Down Town Inn deaths? The annual burning of forests and land, And so many other blights of this third world, aspiring to be first world? All things to turn tourists away!

• Like 2

If tourism is so important to Thailand. Why has the murder of kirsty jones, never been solved? Also Down Town Inn deaths? The annual burning of forests and land, And so many other blights of this third world, aspiring to be first world? All things to turn tourists away!

Is that a real question or are you bored and looking for something to do?

A relevant question really. If Thailand aspires to be number 1 they should cut out the bullshit. Mafia etc.

sent from my Q6

• Like 1

...it is because tTOURISM is important for Thailand...but not the pesky tourists, with their wining about scams and rape and murder!

They should just come and enjoy all the beautiful things in Thailand (and before I am accused of Thai- bashing: I think, there are quiet a few!)...rent a jet ski in Pattaya and enjoy one hour of fun! Yeah right...enjoy exactly ONE HOUR, because after that, the fun might be defenitly over.

Is that a real question or are you bored and looking for something to do?

A relevant question really. If Thailand aspires to be number 1 they should cut out the bullshit. Mafia etc.

sent from my Q6

Agreed. And i'm sure that those will be very valid points raised during that conference. However, why don't we look at the positives and stop highlighting the negatives? Sometimes this forum, and those who comment, seem to think that Thailand is the only country on this planet that has problems that blight tourism!

Why do you people live here? What was your thinking before you moved here?

Change the record - or go live in the utopia that you think Thailand is supposed to be. And when you get there, let us know where it is!

That's easy.... Nakhon Pathom... my little Utopia :D

sent from my Q6

that's in response to yet another poster bemoaning life in Thailand yet chooses to live here.

It may be that it is fast becoming not the place many people moved to a few years back.

Also,if this occasion was historic, 5555, was big bro's visit ti the Louis Vuitton shop in Paris, while his paid supporters were dying, the same? Like wise her meeting at the 4 Seasons.

They were both a first time a Thai Pm and on the run acting pm did either.

Edited by Soi Sauce

I have been going to Thailand as a Tourist since 1971. I would be wary of using any of those operators. I wonder why she bothered to meet them in London as many are German owned e.g. TUI or cater mostly for the London Sydney stop-off market. Looks like an excuse for cocktails and canapes at travellers expense.

On the one occasion I did pre-book an upmarket hotel near Siam Square with a package operator, the hotel denied receiving my booking, the company was operating by outsourcing every operation to India and thought I should telephone India at my expense, it took three months to get reimbursement from my credit card on proof of the duplicated payment to the tour operator and the hotel. I was out by the difference the hotel charged. They only reimbursed my original "discounted" payment and refused payment for my time spent testing their system, investigating and evidencing their mistake! How to create bad will 101.

Nowadays, I use a trusted airline booking system and hotel booking system separately.

I have been going to Thailand as a Tourist since 1971. I would be wary of using any of those operators. I wonder why she bothered to meet them in London as many are German owned e.g. TUI or cater mostly for the London Sydney stop-off market. Looks like an excuse for cocktails and canapes at travellers expense.

On the one occasion I did pre-book an upmarket hotel near Siam Square with a package operator, the hotel denied receiving my booking, the company was operating by outsourcing every operation to India and thought I should telephone India at my expense, it took three months to get reimbursement from my credit card on proof of the duplicated payment to the tour operator and the hotel. I was out by the difference the hotel charged. They only reimbursed my original "discounted" payment and refused payment for my time spent testing their system, investigating and evidencing their mistake! How to create bad will 101.

Nowadays, I use a trusted airline booking system and hotel booking system separately.

Yes, I'm sure the likes of TUI, Thomas Cook, Kuoni are shivering in their boots at the loss of your business.

• Like 1

Yingluck Shinawatra, made history as the first ever Thai Prime Minister to personally meet with the UK travel and tourism industry to discuss the countries strengths and opportunities

'Opportunities'? must have been a very short discussion?

Or does it mean that the work permit requirements are going to be relaxed? Got it, she must mean the 'opportunities' for the Thai tourist industry to rip you off?

that's in response to yet another poster bemoaning life in Thailand yet chooses to live here.

Here Here, well said, some people on these forums would make you depressed with their negative posts

Very true. It seems that the only people not happy about Thailand are some of the posters on TV. I know of many, many tourists / visitors to Thailand and the huge majority always leave happy and looking forward to returning.

It's really sad that the usual suspects can always be trusted to see only the grey lining in every cloud. I don't ever recall them ever posting anything positive about Thailand.

so now it's 10% of gdp in stead of 5 and emplois 4.000.000 out of 66 million (babies, children, adults, elderly) all together... ???

yes 200.000 pattaya working girls supporting mom & pop back there to get their weekly alomony from her hard work fleecing the brainless farangs

Congratulations Yingluck,

Did she complete a sentence in English?

Not sure about that, but perhaps she shared her ideas for lunch boxes with Brit officials

BANGKOK - Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has assigned a government agency to create a special lunch box for use the yet-to-introduced high speed train, which will carry priority travelers to various locations.

http://www.thaivisa....s/#entry5594694

when she rode UK's high speed Javelin train yesterday

46250_492599847440168_1555596756_n.jpg

Yingluck's public Facebook page

Surely yet another event to be termed

A momentous occasion

Edited by Buchholz

is it me, or is she starting to look more and more like her brother. Have either of them been seen together? The plot thickens....

No, it is you...starting to look more and more like her brother....