First Ever Meeting With Thai Prime Minister Yingluck And U K Tour Operators

webfact

Ahh, another poster with the "if you don't like it here, go home" key on the key board. Haven't seen that one in a while.

Agreed, but we rarely see an answer to the politely posed, valid question. Your response is an equally typical cop out non-answer.

I see Toad answered. Agree. Soften a few adjectives, I can apply the very same sentiment to the politicos back in USA.

I've never lived in the UK. Any better there? Honest question.

Perhaps she should have discussed the Visa laws for Thais wishing to travel and settle in the UK,given that many of the UK tourists who visit Thailand end up wanting to take home their Teeraks.

Agreed - and then perhaps the Thai government might consider relaxing some of the less attractive aspects of living here as an expat. I'm sure there's not a single 'visa runner' who would not welcome the end to the utterly pointless border runs every 90 days, especially those who are on retirement visas or have medical issues that make the border runs both uncomfortable and inconvenient.

Not to mention the obvious risks many of us take when saving time and money by doing the run in a speeding minivan. I have to do one myself today, and as usual am dreading it...

Perhaps she should have discussed the Visa laws for Thais wishing to travel and settle in the UK,given that many of the UK tourists who visit Thailand end up wanting to take home their Teeraks.

Agreed - and then perhaps the Thai government might consider relaxing some of the less attractive aspects of living here as an expat. I'm sure there's not a single 'visa runner' who would not welcome the end to the utterly pointless border runs every 90 days, especially those who are on retirement visas or have medical issues that make the border runs both uncomfortable and inconvenient.

[snip]

Perhaps the British Govt might consider relaxing visa requirements for Thais tourists visiting the UK. After the Chinese, the Thais tourists are arguably the biggest spenders in Europe. Approximately, only 10% of all touristic travel to Europe and UK actually goes to the UK. Imagine the potential boost to the retail economy if that figure would be increased.

Talk about wasted opportunities. The British Govt ranks high.