Laptop Pattaya

SkyRider

I've bought from IT City (5th floor Tukcom). I wouldn't be reluctant to buy at PowerBuy (at Tukcom or Pattaya Klang above Foodland). With their larger selections, you may find a promotion.

I bought my Samsung netbook from Banana IT on promotion.

Service from the retail vendor isn't much of an issue because you'll be dealing w/ the manufacturer's service center.

I've bought from IT City (5th floor Tukcom). I wouldn't be reluctant to buy at PowerBuy (at Tukcom or Pattaya Klang above Foodland). With their larger selections, you may find a promotion.

Service from the retail vendor isn't much of an issue because you'll be dealing w/ the manufacturer's service center.

in my opinion, service is an issue if you want your computer back in a few hours

if you are happy to see it go to some factory unit in backabeyondaburi for a few days or weeks or even months

then by all means buy the cheapest laptop from the cheapest source

personally i would rather pay a bit extra to know exactly where it is and that its being dealt with locally and promptly........

in my opinion, service is an issue if you want your computer back in a few hours

if you are happy to see it go to some factory unit in backabeyondaburi for a few days or weeks or even months

personally i would rather pay a bit extra to know exactly where it is and that its being dealt with locally and promptly........

If your laptop is still under manufactures warranty a local dealer is not even allowed to open it up and break the warranty seals.

Only places accessible usually are the storage bays for ram/hdd upgrades.

So the only thing they could help you with are software issues.

For all the rest it is a manufacturers requirement to get the device sent to them, apart from the first (usually) 7 days where an outright replacement is allowed...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

If your laptop is still under manufactures warranty a local dealer is not even allowed to open it up and break the warranty seals.

For all the rest it is a manufacturers requirement to get the device sent to them, apart from the first (usually) 7 days where an outright replacement is allowed...

so you say an appointed samsung dealer can't open a samsung machine ?

even if that is true, how many new computers suffer with hardware problems straight out the box?

software is the real killer...

..and if its a software issue it wont go back to factory, so you may as well buy at tuk com.

But anyway and do pay attention, there is a program called NORTON GHOST, that can create an exact copy of your boot disk when everything is working, into for example a virtual D drive.

So buy NORTON GHOST ASAP and make a backup while your puter still work.

NORTON GHOST was the name, and you'll never have to worry again

even if that is true

But, you see, it IS true.

, how many new computers suffer with hardware problems straight out the box?

Happens. Go look at reviews on newegg.com.

If it doesn't then you're probably good to go till the end of the manufacturer's warranty, then it will die the next day. wink.png

Basically it works like this:

The laptop may well come w/ pre-installed, pre-configured software (all mine did), in which case if you have a problem, it's gonna be the hardware or your ignorance that there's a little wi-fi switch on the front. Our experts here can help w/ the latter issue.

If not, then you have to buy the software and likely pay the shop an installation fee. Any shop you buy from can do it, I believe. Thereafter if you really have a software problem, a Thai technician in any of the shops offering service will simply do a re-installation--there's no "fixing software" here. And you'll be charged. At that point it behooves you to go to whatever shop has a good service rep, such as Pattaya2U, or Wattana, or Liberty. Similarly if your machine is out of warranty and if it's possible a local tech can fix the hardware.

I confess I don't like laptops because of all their limitations re: repairs and upgrades. I've been through at least 10 over the years (many years, ha!) and regard them as fragile toys. That's part of the reason I recommend getting a cheap laptop but from a reputable manufacturer and checking online reviews beforehand. But that's just me.

even if that is true, how many new computers suffer with hardware problems straight out the box?

Indeed.

Only Samsung Service centers can open them, and can re-apply the warranty seals.

and yes, quite a few have problems out of the box, not always immediately noticed.

I've had faulty usb ports, bad connections to the screen, a headphone plug which didn't shut of the internal speakers etc..

All rectified at service centers, never dealers/retailers...

And one of them bought at Wattana and duly forwarded by them to Acer in Bkk for repairs...

Indeed.

Only Samsung Service centers can open them, and can re-apply the warranty seals.

and yes, quite a few have problems out of the box, not always immediately noticed.

I've had faulty usb ports, bad connections to the screen, a headphone plug which didn't shut of the internal speakers etc..

All rectified at service centers, never dealers/retailers...

And one of them bought at Wattana and duly forwarded by them to Acer in Bkk for repairs...

i have not had the same experience thankfully only with software and Acers repair department that Wattana sends warranty items to to is in Laem Chabang..........

..and if its a software issue it wont go back to factory, so you may as well buy at tuk com.

But anyway and do pay attention, there is a program called NORTON GHOST, that can create an exact copy of your boot disk when everything is working, into for example a virtual D drive.

So buy NORTON GHOST ASAP and make a backup while your puter still work.

NORTON GHOST was the name, and you'll never have to worry again

i have Norton ghost and its a great bit of kit but unless your hard drive is 100% perfect it won't clone it

Acronis True Image is better