Thai Buddhists Offended By Sexy Magazine Spread

webfact

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These Thai Buddhists must really not be very far along the road to enlightenment at all, if they are offended by the described magazine spread.

If the Thais were to know their own religion better, and if they were to practise it a bit more, we'd all be a lot better off.

2500 years and still trying, and getting it wrong like many.

A mite less than 2500 years for the Thais, I think.

That's true. hey the Christians have been at it for 2000+ and they get it wrong more often than not.

However, this whole offence caused by besmirching an idol has always confused me. Doesn't matter what religion they are, they are all fashioned by human hand.

Buddhism is brill, no gods, supposedly no idols, so where did Thailand get it so wrong. if only buddha had talked about removing the plank from your eye first this discussion would even be occurring huh?

• Like 1

Thai Buddhists should be outraged that they go to temple to ask for good luck, or have their car blessed, or their house, or their business. If Buddha were alive today he would shun the whole lot of them.

Not to mention, Maxximum is not a sex magazine.

Edited by vijer
  • Like 2

I tried looking for that magazine on Sukhumvit, but all I could find were Nazi t-shirts. sad.png

The Swastika symbol was around a thousand years (or much more) before the Nazi's used it. Thus, I don't think it any more a symbol of Naziism than I do the Christian cross a symbol of the KKK.

I tried looking for that magazine on Sukhumvit, but all I could find were Nazi t-shirts. sad.png

The Swastika symbol was around a thousand years (or much more) before the Nazi's used it. Thus, I don't think it any more a symbol of Naziism than I do the Christian cross a symbol of the KKK.

Um. Context is everything

Nudity's been around forever. Buddhists should deal with it.

Nudity's been around forever. Buddhists should deal with it.

How many years ago was it that women were ordinarily topless in Thailand? dam_n Thailand and learning from the west........

• Like 1

What's next? Coyote dancing at the Wats? sad.png

too late....already happened quite a while ago

Coyote dancers arrested at temple in Chiang Mai

Police arrested the coyote dancers who performed a show at Sai Moon Temple in Muang district of Chiang Mai province.

The coyote dance at the temple came to an abrupt end after a good citizen reported the unsuitable incident to the local police. The dancers were ladies wearing little clothes and dancing in an arousing manner.

The performance was considered inappropriate to be shown in temples, and police had to bring it to an end quickly.

Dear Thai- Buddhists

thank you for being outraged at....nothing, basically!

If you want to be outraged, why not start with something real, for a change!

Like lying, stealing, cheating, bribing, killing...and then going to the temple, make a donation and everything is forgiven?!

Hm?

Why not start there?

I wouldnt be so quick to condemn - ever thought about the christian god-botherers and their going to confession and coming out all holier than thou.. ever seen that bumper sticker - "christains aren't perfect, just forgiven" ?

Religions that promote totally confidential confessions that allow murderers to feel ok because they have told their invisible mate about it are simply wrong.

Dear Thai- Buddhists

thank you for being outraged at....nothing, basically!

If you want to be outraged, why not start with something real, for a change!

Like lying, stealing, cheating, bribing, killing...and then going to the temple, make a donation and everything is forgiven?!

Hm?

Why not start there?

I wouldnt be so quick to condemn - ever thought about the christian god-botherers and their going to confession and coming out all holier than thou.. ever seen that bumper sticker - "christains aren't perfect, just forgiven" ?

Religions that promote totally confidential confessions that allow murderers to feel ok because they have told their invisible mate about it are simply wrong.

I don't prefer one to another. They are all bonkers!

MAXIM cleaned up the slideshows

and also the angry comments, ( while at facebook they are still stored )

looks like it never happened,

no SORRY from "Hottie Finalist: Ashley"

or the photographer: "Photographed for Maxim Digital by Cory-Jamal Davis | Licensed to Alpha Media Group 2012"

or MAXIM

but, public pressure worked well? what you think

Edited by KLL