Colonoscopy And Urologist

Aforek

Hello

Just to check if there are no problems , I have decided to have a colonoscopy and to see an urologist for prostat

I am looking for hospitals in Bangkok to do this : colonoscopy is about 14000 bahts and consultation for urologist is 500-800 bahts

but, for convenience ( no transportation, no hotel to pay ), I wonder if it's not better for me to do it in Hua Hin

Have you ever had such consultations and examinations in Hua Hin ( hospitals, clinics, price and quality of service )?

Thanks for your experience .

I would imagine any girl on Soi Bintabaht could to a rectal for you, but the cost is negotiable, to be sure. wai2.gif

Thank you, I'll be here all week!

true, but girl : nice, non efficient and not free

hospital: not nice, effective and free ( with my health insurance ) smile.png

I had a double endoscopy( both ends) at the very highly regarded Samitivej in sukhumvit in 2007. They estimated mid 30k if I remember rightly but the end cost was more like mid 40's which was a bit of a shock but was told they took off 9 polyps which cost x ammount each. Everything about it went smoothly other than it costing a lot more than I expected.

Only thing is I had the same procedure done here in NZ last month and price aside the odd thing is there were no polyps found and I would have expected for sure that more would have grown in all that time. Which leads me to think that maybe there were none found at Samitevej either. Easy to tack that cost onto the bill with no chance of any comebacks ? Cant be sure but food for thought is'nt it.

When I had a colonoscopy done at BNH several years ago, they recorded it on a CD (DVD?) and gave it to me. I'm surprised Samitivej doesn't do that.

Are you satisfied of BNH, and did they charge much money for polypectomy, if any ?

I sent them an e-mail, and they answered with many details, very good informations; a friend of mine told me this hospital is very good.

bkk_hospital.jpg samitivej.jpg BNH.jpg Royal_bangkok.jpg

http://www.bangkokhospital.com/index.php?p=en/about_bdms

They are run by the same medical group and most are among the most expensive (in the Bumrungrad range). A level lower in cost I believe are Praram 9, Phayathai 2, Vejthani and cheaper and often used by foreigners is the Catholic Saint Louis. Another inexpensive option with a long history here is Bangkok Adventist Hospital

Yes, I am a satisfied and happy customer of BNH. It was my hospital of choice when I lived in Bangkok. They have some top notch doctors on staff, and my primary contact physician -- Dr. Irene -- is among the best. The doctors I visited in the ENT and Spine clinics are highly recommended, though off the top of my head, I can't recall their names. My experience with the nurse in the International/Shot clinic on the first floor was equally good.

In comparison, I cannot say anything near the same about the level of care/treatment at Bangkok Hospital-Pattaya when I lived there, nor at Bangkok Hospital-Hua Hin where I live now.

I had the colonoscopy eight or nine years ago and can't recall the price. I did not have any polyps to be removed, so not sure how much that would have added, either.

• 2 months later...

Me again; I had this morning a coloscopy at San Paulo hospital, ( no polyp found ) and prostat check and psa rate 2 days ago ; total: 11276 bahts, much cheaper than somewhere else ; they did a total anesthesia, I would have prefered a local, but ok, I feel well and my health insurance , I think, will refund 100% , because it's much cheaper than in Europe.

I like this sort of hospital, not fashionable, human, not five star hospital like Bangkok Hospital etc; If I need later an hospital in Hua hin, and if San Paolo manages my futur problem, I come back and see them. I have seen many farangs there, for me it means it is a good place to go

• 3 weeks later...