Close Encounter Of The Turd Kind

Jai Dee

The country’s top executives rarely allow their feet to touch the ground as they always have chauffeurs to pick them up at home. The only time their feet reach the pavement is in front of the office where their limousine.

However, that doesn’t mean that these high-flying honchos never experience something that ordinary mortals often encounter on a footpath. Bank of Thailand Governor MR Pridiyathorn Devakula proved to be no exception.

Last Friday, while a group of reporters were trying to get his comments about the February 4 rally, Pridiyathorn was responding while on the march to his car.

All of the sudden, Pridiyathorn didn’t need to ask the reporters to stop peppering him with questions. They automatically froze and backed away from the governor. Pridiyathorn froze too. Then he scuttled to a nearby lawn and frantically wiped the sole of his shoe on the grass. Yes, he’d fallen victim to a lowly dog turd.

Oddly enough, traditional Thai belief says stomping on pooh will bring you good luck. We’ll see whether or not this is true. But it’s nice to know that even the mighty can put their foot in it.

Oddly enough, traditional Thai belief says stomping on pooh will bring you good luck. We’ll see whether or not this is true. But it’s nice to know that even the mighty can put their foot in it.

Oddly enough, In Ireland where I'm from, it's considered good luck to step in any type of turd! It's also good luck if a bird poos on you from on high. What's the link between poo and good luck?

When I saw that this morning, it startled me a bit. You don't usually see the word 'turd' in a family newspaper. Gee, I wonder what other words you can print here........

What's wrong with the word 'turd'? I would have thought the alternative less acceptable!

I suppose we could use the word 'stool' or 'faeces'. Although faeces always make me smile, it's an odd word. "I just stepped in some dog faeces" :o

MR Pridiyathorn is actually a very humble man.

When he was head of the exim bank some years back, he used to travel with a Honda goldwing trailing his car. when he gets stuck in traffic, he'll just hop off and get on his bike and ride to his next meeting.

I attended a euromoney conference last year where he was the keynote speaker. arriving late for his speech, he apologised and explained that he had hopped onto the skytrain in the hope of beating the jam, but a train broke down, and for the first time in his life, he quipped, his car arrived before he did.

So next week in the Nation

Prime Minister Thaksin Shinwatra Lays out a Mighty Cable in a Bid to Bring Closer Economic Relations With Denmark.

Former Prime Minister Chuan Leekpai had previously created an ill wind of change in Gorky Park but Russian diplomatic ties were severely tested when he followed through.

The Prime Minister's log was estimated to measure an impressive 27cm and was expected to be presented to Anders Fogh Rasmussen, Prime Minister of Denmark early tomorrow. Confidential sources within the Prime Minister's office commented that Prime Minister Thaksin had prepared the monster pieces of faeces as a strategy to distract attention away from the recent failed program to reposition Suphanburi as the Hub of Human Excrement which had cost the government over 100 million baht in poo related PR.

Locally, protesters assembled outside the public toilets of Suan Lumpini to protest the delivery of domestic doo doo to a foreign country.

'Kee korng mun dtong dtit rong tao rao, mai chai dtit dteen kon dung chart,' said Supapoo Keemaiyoot. Loosely translated, Supapoo commented regarding this issue. Academics voiced concerns regarding the potential export of the nation's largest dung specimens.

'The sale of national kee assets to foreign parties, or gifts thereof, threatens our sovereignty, and we should and must ban any moves to stop bowel movements from our well developed bum bellows in our proud country,' said Khun Suamyai Chetgon who is coincidentally a prominent toilet tissue manufacturer. 'If we open our local markets to foreign cable layers, then local employment may be threatened. This must remain a protected industry.'

National champion of 'turding' the sport of shooting a rabbit with brown bullets, student Keebpenlow Cheebpenleet, stated that the Prime Minister had brought considerable awareness and glory to both Thailand and Denmark with his magnanimous gesture. 'It may make other countries brown with envy to see our two proud nations joining eachother in the same toilet cubicle so to speak,' said Keebpenlow, also know by his nickname Buimuk. 'P'Maew has shat around here long enough, so we are pleased he can share his unique concept of smelly CEO style government with other hations,' he said at a recent visit to the white telephone.

The Nation

- 10 bonus points for the first person to point out why Denmark is the most suitable country to have the kee of P'Maew on display for all to smell..............

F**S**N was casually walking about on the lawns at government house while talking to some international reporters.

He kept stopping to make promises to curb graft, cronyism, help the poor ect. ect. after which a reporter kept saying "umballa"

Not knowing what it meant he just smiled and thanked the reporter who was saying it.

As he was about to walk on after yet another promise the same reporter noticed he was about to step on some dog S**T politely stopped him and said watch the " umballa " sir

marshbags :o:D:D

Edited by marshbags

F**S**N was casually walking about on the lawns at government house while talking to some international reporters.

He kept stopping to make promises to curb graft, cronyism, help the poor ect. ect. after which a reporter kept saying "umballa"

Not knowing what it meant he just smiled and thanked the reporter who was saying it.

As he was about to walk on after yet another promise the same reporter noticed he was about to step on some dog S**T politely stopped him and said watch the " umballa " sir

marshbags :D:D:D

er... this is toilet humour above my head... can you help me understan? :D:o:D

When I saw that this morning, it startled me a bit. You don't usually see the word 'turd' in a family newspaper. Gee, I wonder what other words you can print here........

Perhaps the journo was unsure as to how to spell 'Richard'. :o

:o

Oddly enough, In Ireland where I'm from, it's considered good luck to step in any type of turd! It's also good luck if a bird poos on you from on high. What's the link between poo and good luck?

I once had ordered a nice snack with Dutch shrimps; expensive and delicious. I went into my car, to enjoy is. My oldtimer had an open ruf. As I brought it to my mouth to take the first bite a gull flew over and pood ... :D yes, on my snack ... :D ... :D.

Edited by FlyingDutchman

:o

I once had ordered a nice snack with Dutch shrimps; expensive and delicious. I went into my car, to enjoy is. My oldtimer had an open ruf. As I brought it to my mouth to take the first bite a gull flew over and pood ... :D yes, on my snack ... :D ... :D.

Did you have good luck after that?

er... this is toilet humour above my head... can you help me understan?

Toilet humour :o nice one.

This is a light hearted tale about local slang for dog turds..( dog s**t ) incorporating one word that is used to describe it.

Turds, dog s**t, ect. :D

umballa is a one local polite reference to it, used in the U.K.

The reporter was saying what he thought of the F**S***N promises.

Oh well never mind

Edited by marshbags