British Embassy Hopes To Raise Awareness Of The Dangers Of Driving In Thailand

webfact

During his recent visit to Thailand, the UK Foreign Secretary Mr William Hague raised road safety with his counterpart , Thai Foreign Minister Dr Surapong Tovichakchaikul. The UK stands ready to share its experience in achieving one of the best road safety records in the world, and would be happy to support Thailand in this area.

Excuse me Mr UK Foreign Secretary but Thailand does not need any help from any foreign country for any situation. I.E. the USA sending a fleet to assist during last years floods that killed 900+ Thai citizens. They were told to go away, we don't need you.

You may even hear the statement "The UK is not our father".

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!! Worst post I've read on TV in a long time. FWIW, offering help in a flood makes a lot more sense since it takes a lot of technical expertise and equipment.. As opposed to say... common sense of road safety.. Super aggravating that you think your post was clever. I normally don't take the time, but god was this post terrible.

I do not want to cast aspersions my friend but are you from Indiana? If so then I will not be concerned with your post. Otherwise evidently you are new to all discussion forums and do not understand satire.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah we are back in season! Yesterday I saw two real role models of the farang society: late 40's,the by hard work achieved beer belly,no shirts,covered with tattoo "art" coming out of the local beer place jumping on their rented scooter in a real "biker behavior" and certainly no helmets heading straight towards to the next urgently required beer and girl supply....here we go and please blame the Thai driving "ethics" compulsory

Yeah we are back in season! Yesterday I saw two real role models of the farang society: late 40's,the by hard work achieved beer belly,no shirts,covered with tattoo "art" coming out of the local beer place jumping on their rented scooter in a real "biker behavior" and certainly no helmets heading straight towards to the next urgently required beer and girl supply....here we go and please blame the Thai driving "ethics" compulsory

Right you are my friend. I see these idiots quite frequently. And what gets me is that they hug and kiss their gf at any time in pubic with no idea about the local culture and how it makes them look like the fool they really are. But what can I say other than they come and they go "thank goodness".

Pattaya right ?

• 2 weeks later...

During his recent visit to Thailand, the UK Foreign Secretary Mr William Hague raised road safety with his counterpart , Thai Foreign Minister Dr Surapong Tovichakchaikul. The UK stands ready to share its experience in achieving one of the best road safety records in the world, and would be happy to support Thailand in this area.

Excuse me Mr UK Foreign Secretary but Thailand does not need any help from any foreign country for any situation. I.E. the USA sending a fleet to assist during last years floods that killed 900+ Thai citizens. They were told to go away, we don't need you.

SIMPLY DONT DRIVE IN THAILAND.... DONT take MIni Buses if you are traveling within Thailand... RISKY!!!. ROADS HAVE SIGNS AND MARKINGS.... but the drivers do not know what they are for.... the police know only after an accident to explain to the one who survives the crash. If you do take the challenge.... then think THAI and not rational road systems thought Internationally..... thais overtake on the left, drift into lanes, can NEVER follow traffic, use light signals to warn that they are coming instead of meaning you go first, Do not keep distances at high speeds. Do not trust signal lights blinking.... it simply means that they took the turn and forgot to click off.... If the traffic light turns to red, make sure you are not first in line to stop...because other will overtake you to beat on coming traffic. AVOID RIDING a motorbike and if you do ask for the helmet and hold tight. Drive safely and simply keep distance and speed and pray that no one on Yabba is surfing the roads in one of his highs....... Amazing Thailand isnt it!

"use light signals to warn that they are coming, instead of meaning you go first"

Actually i think you will find that in the UK Highway code, you will find that you are advised only to flash your headlights at other traffic to warn them of your presence, and to show yourself more clearly that you are on the road , heading in their direction. it is a common misconception and has actually become a common wrongdoing by UK drivers. Additionally, if you were to attend an advanced driving course or become assessed to be a driving instructor in the UK , this fact would very strongly be made apparent to you, as would the fact that you should not invite other pedestrians or cars coming out from sidestreets etc to move to a position in front of your car..CHECK IT OUT!!!

SIMPLY DONT DRIVE IN THAILAND.... DONT take MIni Buses if you are traveling within Thailand... RISKY!!!. ROADS HAVE SIGNS AND MARKINGS.... but the drivers do not know what they are for.... the police know only after an accident to explain to the one who survives the crash. If you do take the challenge.... then think THAI and not rational road systems thought Internationally..... thais overtake on the left, drift into lanes, can NEVER follow traffic, use light signals to warn that they are coming instead of meaning you go first, Do not keep distances at high speeds. Do not trust signal lights blinking.... it simply means that they took the turn and forgot to click off.... If the traffic light turns to red, make sure you are not first in line to stop...because other will overtake you to beat on coming traffic. AVOID RIDING a motorbike and if you do ask for the helmet and hold tight. Drive safely and simply keep distance and speed and pray that no one on Yabba is surfing the roads in one of his highs....... Amazing Thailand isnt it!

"use light signals to warn that they are coming, instead of meaning you go first"

Actually i think you will find that in the UK Highway code, you will find that you are advised only to flash your headlights at other traffic to warn them of your presence, and to show yourself more clearly that you are on the road , heading in their direction. it is a common misconception and has actually become a common wrongdoing by UK drivers. Additionally, if you were to attend an advanced driving course or become assessed to be a driving instructor in the UK , this fact would very strongly be made apparent to you, as would the fact that you should not invite other pedestrians or cars coming out from sidestreets etc to move to a position in front of your car..CHECK IT OUT!!!

A flashed light does not officially mean anything in the British high way code. I only notifies your presence and does not confer right if way.

If you trust a Thai when he flashes his lights you really have to be dumb.