Help Required: Extention Of Non Immigrant B

i currently live in Singapore but travel to Thailand twice a month for business (vendor meetings) and pleasure staying 3 or 4 days each time. I applied at the Thai embassy in Singapore for a one year multi entry business visa. I have just picked it up today and they gave me a 3 month single entry visa :-(

My question is can I extend this to a full one year or three year Non Imm B when I am in Thailand and if so where can I do this and what documentation do I need ? I do not intend to work in Thailand, just business meetings.

Also my assumption in the meantime is that I can come and go with this visa as long as I buy a re-entry permit (Multi Entry 3800 baht) before leaving Thailand to return to Singapore. Is this a currect assumption?

I currently own a condo in Pattaya and one of the reasons i want this visa is to obtain a driving licence as my International license expires in December and buy a bike. I am presuming that with this visa I can get a certificate of residence to enable this, is this correct?

Appreciate any answers / help here. Thanks Pete.

Are you a citizen or resident of Singapore?

The fee for a multiple entry is equal to 5000 baht a single is 2000. What did you pay?.

Unless you are working for a Thai company you will not be able to get any type of extension.

I suggest you use the visa you got and then re-apply for the visa after talking to the embassy about getting the multiple entry visa. I suspect that the letter presented for the visa lacked enough information about the company you are working for and the request for the multiple entry visa explaining the reason for your frequent trips.

You could get a multiple re-entry permit (3800 baht) but it would only be good for the 90 days that you will get from the first entry of your visa.

Edited by ubonjoe

I am a British Citizen working in Singapore on an employment pass. I paid $100 singapore. I had al the documentation required including invitation letters from a Thai company who I do business with along with their tax information etc (everything required for a one year multi entry). I had a letter from my HR and from myself. I have since found out that the embassy in Singapore does not give out one year visas initially, You have to get 3 months first.

You only paid for a single entry so only getting a single should not of been that big of a surprise.

It seems that reapplying is the your only choice. It seem that you had enough documentation.

Their single entry first policy seem to be a test to see if you are really living in Singapore and only visiting Thailand. A lot of people get multiple entry visas and live here on them by making border runs.

Edited by ubonjoe

Yes what annoyed me was only getting the 3 month visa. I was warned that I may not get the multi entry but was willing to pay the multi re-entry fee before I leave Thailand at the airport. Now getting only 3 months is a pain as I still need a mulit re-entry but it wil only last 3 months. Its smart really as another way of getting a few extra baht out of me.

You can get a reentry permit at immigration, single 1000 baht, multiple 3800 baht. It will not extend your permission to stay, but it will allow you to reenter and get a stamp with the same expiration as your oroginal permission to stay. It will "keep alive" your original permission to stay.

whistling.gif Yes, Singapore is known as being a bit of a hard-ss on visas.

It seems that your documentation from the Thai business associates/partners you need to meet with should have been enough, but Singapore is just playing hard ball there.

All we can say is to re-submit for a multi entry and maybe this time they will agree.

But when applying, DO NOT mention the words "for pleasure" regarding the reasons for your stay, especially if you do own a condo in Pattaya at the Singapore Thai consulate.

When you say those words you are only bringing up all their preconceptions about "sex tourists" and it's best to avoid that pitfall if possible.

You only have that condo in Pattaya as a conveinent place to stay while you are doing your business meetings...don't you?

whistling.gif

Edited by IMA_FARANG

I am now getting conflicting information about getting a re entry permit. Is it possible to get a re entry permit at immigration with this visa?

Where are you getting that information from.

A re-entry permit can be obtained for any permit to stay obtained from a visa entry or even a visa exempt entry. Immigration might question why you want a multiple re-entry permit but a simple explanation would be enough to satisfy them I am sure.

Hi ubonjoe, someone from another forum indicated it could not be done. Good news it can though. Yes I understand it will not extend the visa but I have about 5 trips coming up in the next 3 months so its important I get this. Hopefully the next visa will be a 3 year multi entri business, lets wait and see!

whistling.gif Yes, Singapore is known as being a bit of a hard-ss on visas.

It seems that your documentation from the Thai business associates/partners you need to meet with should have been enough, but Singapore is just playing hard ball there.

All we can say is to re-submit for a multi entry and maybe this time they will agree.

But when applying, DO NOT mention the words "for pleasure" regarding the reasons for your stay, especially if you do own a condo in Pattaya at the Singapore Thai consulate.

When you say those words you are only bringing up all their preconceptions about "sex tourists" and it's best to avoid that pitfall if possible.

You only have that condo in Pattaya as a conveinent place to stay while you are doing your business meetings...don't you?

whistling.gif

understood and I said nothing about my condo. My business meetings are usually in BKK so stay at the landmark if I overnight then head to Pattaya after.

Most embassies/consulates in the region will not hand out multiple entry non-imm B's unless you are a citizen of that partculiar country...i.e. if you applied under the same circumstances in the UK, being a UK citizen chances are you will be given a multiple entry non-imm B.

A Singapore citizen in these circumstances would have most likely been given the multiple entry by the Singapore Thai consulate.

This situation is not unique to Singapore, and I suspect when you try and get a 3 year multiple entry in Singapore, they will do the same again

Edited by Soutpeel