Thai Citizenship For Baby Born Outside Los

thaiempire

No problem.

I have two children one born in Bangkok, one in the Netherlands.

One child was born in Bangkok and has been registered with the Dutch embassy and received Dutch citizenship.

The other child born in the Netherlands and registered with the thai embassy for Thai citizenship.

Easy enough and no hassles, just bring the proper documentation like birthcertificates and marriage certificate and id's from both parents.

Good luck and congratulations.

Most European countries allow dual citizenship. And if not you should check.

One thing to consider is that it is almost impossible for a male to get thai citizenship later in live. If dual citizenship is not allowed i would choose thai citizenship.

In Europe it is always possible to obtain citizenship after being intergrated into the society. If children in the future choose to live in one of their parents countries it is best for them to have thai citizenship and because one of the parents still has citizenship from a European country it is easy to get a visa.

One problem, don't die before your children make that choice.

Edited by Khun Jean

Does anyone know if its possible for a newborn child born abroad outside of thailand to have thai citizenship mother thai citizen papa european? Grateful for answer.

Yep, entirely possible.

I think the process is to show the child's birth certificate along with the mother's ID and so on at an embassy, another Thai birth certificate will then issued or notorised or something, and the child as their birthright is able to be a Thai citizen by right of the mother's blood.

This is conditional on the mother's citizenship and not I suspect of the mother being born in THialand; I know of a few farang mothers with citizenship who have got their children citizenship using something along the lines of this process.

Note that if male, this will then enter the person in the system for military service, which may be eliminated by the time they are 18+ or not as the case may be; besides which they do not have to exercise their right to become a Thai citizen at that time, however in the event they do they may possibly get drafted with some bad luck (or good luck depending on their outlook).

No problem.

I have two children one born in Bangkok, one in the Netherlands.

One child was born in Bangkok and has been registered with the Dutch embassy and received Dutch citizenship.

The other child born in the Netherlands and registered with the thai embassy for Thai citizenship.

Easy enough and no hassles, just bring the proper documentation like birthcertificates and marriage certificate and id's from both parents.

Good luck and congratulations.

Most European countries allow dual citizenship. And if not you should check.

One thing to consider is that it is almost impossible for a male to get thai citizenship later in live. If dual citizenship is not allowed i would choose thai citizenship.

In Europe it is always possible to obtain citizenship after being intergrated into the society. If children in the future choose to live in one of their parents countries it is best for them to have thai citizenship and because one of the parents still has citizenship from a European country it is easy to get a visa.

One problem, don't die before your children make that choice.

Thank you very much :o

Note that if male, this will then enter the person in the system for military service, which may be eliminated by the time they are 18+ or not as the case may be; besides which they do not have to exercise their right to become a Thai citizen at that time, however in the event they do they may possibly get drafted with some bad luck (or good luck depending on their outlook).

I can confirm that we had no problem in applying at the Thai Embassy in London, to register for our 2 boys (Thai mother, UK father, born in the UK) to obtain Thai citizenship.

They were extremely helpful, letting us stay on, to work on the form-filling, even though they had closed for lunch & the afternoon.

We were also able to apply, at the same time, for their Thai passports, preparatory to come over to live permanently in Thailand. So they don't have visa-problems, living here until age 18, despite holding dual-nationality.

They may excercise their right when 18, as described above by Steveromagnino, to choose UK-only in order to avoid being eligible for Thai military-service, if it still exists then. That will be their own decision.

Another way to avoid local military service is to not register yourself into your family's main tabien baan until after your 18th birthday. No draft letter sent, no need to bribe anyone either.

This works for those born of Thai parents abroad and stay abroad until after they are 18.

:o