Cancelling True H Data Package: Does It Run To Original Expiry?

blorg

I'm currently on the 999B 'unlimited' / 7GB prepaid package which auto-renews. I'm going to be out of Thailand for a month or two and want to leave it off while I'm not here.

IIRC to activate it I used USSD code *900*999#. SMS V999 to 9789 also works I believe. The details on how to cancel are not so forthcoming, but based on a previous helpful response here on Thaivisa and extrapolating I suspect CV999 to 9789 or maybe *901*999# will do the job. (Any confirmation I'm on the right track appreciated.)

Does anyone know if I do this now, will my plan still run to expiry? E.g. will I still get data for the rest of the month or will it cut off immediately?

I was hoping someone on here might know, I've got good advice here before when signing up to and canceling a prior data plan. Certainly clearer than my experiences with True customer service (note which have not been bad, just a bit confusing.) If no one knows I'll call 1331.

I am guessing this is a pre-paid plan?

The best way to prevent it from renewing would be to insure that your balance is less than 999 baht.

There are IVR, SMS and USSD codes to cancel this plan, but I can't find them. The IVR system is on *9000

So dial *9000, wait...wait...wait, please pless 9 for English, then pless 7 to cancel internet package.

I think you need to try and cancel it at least 5 days before the renewal date.

I would expect the package might be cancelled immediately, but maybe it would run until the end of the current 30 day period. Not sure anyone but True would know the answer to this question?

Edited by lomatopo

• 3 weeks later...

blorg, I didn't know True-H had a plan 999Baht/7GB! I'm on a 5GB/899 Baht plan This month I added another 5GB and pay an additional 999 Baht, all exclusive Vat. ANd after my 2nd 5GB expired my fair usage now is ), well 10KB down and 20KB up. It's not always like this, but already the 2nd time within 12 months.

Lomatopo, you know about this 7GB plan??

TrueMove H have two distinct and separate pre-paid group of plans. One auto-renews after 30 days (or maybe after 1 month), the other is good for one single 30 day period.

Auto-renewal plans offer "unlimited" fair use with speed caps of 128 Kbps. 30-day only plans are hard-capped - not sure what happens when you reach the cap: no data, or do you pay per KB/MB?

The 7 GB/999 baht plan is in the AUTORENEWAL table.

post-9615-0-13966100-1354776069_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-14115900-1354776083_thumb.jp

Edited by lomatopo

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that information lomatopo, I didn't understand the difference between those two groups or why they had them- I thought it was something to do with True vs True H. I was on the *900*999# plan. I may have been on the 350 non renewing plan in the past- good to know the difference.

I ended up calling 1331 and talking to someone who cancelled my plan. Internet stopped working completely within an hour or two (before the monthly expiration.)

I then went to Cambodia for three weeks or so and came back to find internet working again- although my balance had gone from ~30B to zero for no obvious reason. I put 50B in and it wasn't swallowed, I still have it 24hrs later. And internet still works. Someone in another thread suggested I may have 150MB 'free' per month on a net SIM, so I've set my data counter and will see how it goes.

Thanks all again for your help, I get more clarity here than from True.

Edited by blorg

• 11 months later...