Trip #2

Sydneycraig

So I rode my pcx 125 from bkk, kanchanaburi, down the coast, samui, kpn, Nakhon, trang, krabi, Phuket .., all good but forgot my guide book and went to a few sh1tty places. So more planning for my next trip in mid jan.

The plan loosely ATM is post bike to Chang Mai ... I fly up via somewhere to get 30 days. 1-2 weeks in cm then .....(tips needed) to Laos .... Taking scooter with me ... 1 month in laos (can I stay longer?) then into Cambodia for a month (can I stay longer?) then back to bkk and sell the bike... Probably have 40000kms by then!

Tips, routes and advise welcomed ... Specific dangers appreciated but "are you mad?" "you will die.." not

Thanks

You are doing a perfect trip man. Dont listen them. I made long trips also with small bikes like wave.

Important thing for me always is being on a bike. Small or big. Yeah big is better though:)

It easy to ride in Laos. Less traffic but roads were not like the ones in Thailand that time. Little harsh. Laos is a safe country also.

But be more careful in Cambodia. Nowadays i m hearing lots of robberies etc. Roads are harsh there too. Once it is getting dark find a hotel asap.

And be super careful for the trucks as nearly none of the stop lights are working there in laos and cambodia.

I have no idea on border crossings as i rent a bike.

I congratulate you for your trip man.

good luck.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Good ... Some nice roads and rides mixed in If you get off the highway 4 but hit and miss especially without any guidebook. Some pretty crappy town and some nice views and things to see. Nowhere a destination in itself but a good trip to do once...

You've done it the best way. You see and enjoy far more if you take pot luck. I can't abide the group, carefully planned itinerary thingy.