If You Own A Massage Shop...

PoodMaiDai

If you own a massage shop, please make an effort to tell your employees that part of the massage experience is to relax during the massage. That means cell phones off, don't be chatting with all the other girls who are also giving a message, no kids or animals running around, and if you have music, please make it relaxing. Oh, and at the end of the massage, ask your customer first before you clasp your hands together and beat them in the back of the head. For some of us, that is a sure fire way to turn a great massage into a splitting headache.

As simple as that is, it baffles me how many shops are anything but relaxing. Even some of the nicer ones. I've had a string of horrible massage experiences here in Chaing Mai recently where I left more wound up than when I arrived. blink.png

That is all.

• Like 1

I go to a place that does medicinal massage and they do a great job, however, if there is anyone else in the room and there often is, the Thais - customers and staff - chat the whole time. However, the price is right and my masseuse is so good that I figure it is worth putting up with.

In the cheaper establishments,i am not surprised becasue the therapists have no respect and often not much training (if any)....but in the top places; such as mine;smile.png the problem is with customers, the number of times I have to ask them to switch the sound off becasue it is disrespectful to other customers. my girls have to leave their phones in the cupboard.

so think on; its not always the therapists

Post has been deleted for discussing illegal activity.

It is fine to recommend massage parlors, talk about the different styles, etc.

Discussion of "happy endings" and the like will be deleted, and there will be consequences to posting same.

From the forum rules:

"18) Not to discuss the specifics of prostitution.Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgment of that fact is not forbidden. However ThaiVisa is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habits, preferences or orientation."

• Like 1

I go to a place that does medicinal massage and they do a great job, however, if there is anyone else in the room and there often is, the Thais - customers and staff - chat the whole time. However, the price is right and my masseuse is so good that I figure it is worth putting up with.

I have relatives coming in from Canada early next month. They are my elders, in the early 70's but very healthy and agile. They love the massage in Thailand. As I'm quite new to CM, I would appreciate if you could recommend some decent places - clean and good for ordinary folks!

Yes, people talk on their phones, but if it's not excessively long and loud, people should really not complain so much!! The demand for Individual right is sometimes carried too far! OP, I don't mean you, I mean some of the hi-so Thais.

I have relatives coming in from Canada early next month. They are my elders, in the early 70's but very healthy and agile. They love the massage in Thailand. As I'm quite new to CM, I would appreciate if you could recommend some decent places - clean and good for ordinary folks!

Go to Nong Massage in Nong Hoi, in front of Riverside Condo next to 7-11, central sound system, the best prices with the best masseuses in CM, no monkey business, the most popular place for Holiday Inn and Riverside Condo. Facebook...nong.massage Edited by rzimardix

I normally go to the one @ Central Kad Suey Kwey at the basement...the ladies will only chat if there is a big group of them or the one at Rimping Riverside....but for $6 an hour I put up with it as the old ladies there are great with their massages

When I want quiet, I head to Let's Relax or Oasis Spa...it's quiet and really relaxed buy you pay for that privacy ...it's starts from 800baht onwards for 2 hrs !

• Like 1

And the very cold temps as they are working hard and often wearing more clothes that the customer it's for their comfort which I believe not the best for relaxing the muscles. My favorite is when the masseuse talks on her cell which leaves only one hand to work on me but I also think sometimes they use their phone to time the massage.

Lets be frank about this. Most, yes most, ie "the vast majority" of so called massage shops are BULLSHIT, unqualified, or barely qualified staff who mostly have no real idea what they are doing. I ve heard of many people who have gone for a massage when theyve had a slight twinge and ended up WORSE than when they entered!!

Fully professional trained staff are mostly in the higher end Spa type places which most of us cant afford. If you want a cheap thrill or to waste, yes, waste an hour or two, then good luck.

Me? I dont go to any massage at all, and I m a fully fit 64 year old without aches pains or anything. Massage here? Total and complete waste of time. ANOTHER area where there should but wont be a licensing system because its yet another area that gets Thailand a bad name.

• Like 1

Lets be frank about this. Most, yes most, ie "the vast majority" of so called massage shops are BULLSHIT, unqualified, or barely qualified staff who mostly have no real idea what they are doing. I ve heard of many people who have gone for a massage when theyve had a slight twinge and ended up WORSE than when they entered!!

Fully professional trained staff are mostly in the higher end Spa type places which most of us cant afford. If you want a cheap thrill or to waste, yes, waste an hour or two, then good luck.

Me? I dont go to any massage at all, and I m a fully fit 64 year old without aches pains or anything. Massage here? Total and complete waste of time. ANOTHER area where there should but wont be a licensing system because its yet another area that gets Thailand a bad name.

Have you ever gone to any massage shop in Thailand?

MSPain

Go to the woman prison massage , no phones there and a good relaxing massage !

Had a real good strong massage there, something I like. On the another point it's been noted that some come out worse and in my experience if I have a real problem it can hurt more afterwards and can take a few visits to work it out.

• Like 1

MSPain

Hardly ever. Dont need them. Massages are mostly bullshit. Dont feel any different coming out than when I went in. Its another "emperors new clothes" thing, youre in Thailand, they do massages, you have one and pretend you feel better. But you dont. Not really.

MSPain

Hardly ever. Dont need them. Massages are mostly bullshit. Dont feel any different coming out than when I went in. Its another "emperors new clothes" thing, youre in Thailand, they do massages, you have one and pretend you feel better. But you dont. Not really.

I think that there is a distinct possibility that not everyone has the same experience as you...

Really? Thought I knew everything about everything. Others have an opinion too? Well, never expected that being so perfect after all!!

Very occassionally i like a relaxing massage, however I find the Thai massage pretty brutal and at times painful. (maybe I'm a wimp with a low pain threshold) Now I always ask for a mixture Oil & Thai massage and ask them not to do so hard (bow bow). Some of these ladies do not know their own strength. My wife loves a Thai massage andhas them done in the home. I cringe when I see the way she is pulled about but she says she feels so good after it. I think she might be a masochist and the masseur a sadist.

Most of the Thai ladies who work in these massage shops do have to go to a school and pass a course before the owners will allow them to work. (A previous GF of mine paid 15,000B for a course in Bangkok). However this is just to ensure they know the correct procedure for Head, feet or body (Thai) Oil massage. They are not taught in depth about the anatomy of the body, how it works, and how to treat conditions one may suffer from. They are not trained Chiropractors or trained as highly as Physiotherapists so one should not go to these places if they have a pain problem and expect them to sort it our for you.

Never had a problem with noise levels or ladies chatting too much. But again when they get paid about 50B an hour I don't expect too much.

Perhaps you might ask them where to go.

Seems like every one expects some thing different from a massage. For myself I expect to have a good feeling after the massage. It would be nice to have it during the massage but my experience with that has been nothing after the massage was over. A Thai massage to the best of my knowledge has some pain in the process. I think it is Swedish where the whole thing is enjoyable. Could be wrong on that.

I don't mind the ladies chatting amongst them selves it gives me time to sink into myself mentally.