Praise For Kfc Thailand

kaspercat

I am not sure about Thailand, but in the US, there are tax breaks for hiring certain types of handicapped people, mostly those with limited mental capabilities. These employees, although they have a lower absentee rate than the non-handicapped, do take more supervision, so the tax break helps even out the cost for the employer. The government in turn receives income taxes from the employees and has to spend less on support of these citizens.

If that is how it works in Thailand, then why the hue and cry? Why are both KFC and the Thai government taken to task? Of course KFC is getting something out of it, whether a tax break, a better corporate image, a corporate "feel good," or more loyal employees. So they are wrong because it may not be 100% altruism?

In my book, I applaud their actions. Thailand is not particularly handicap-friendly when compared to some other countries, and any company that offers opportunities to bring handicapped citizens into the mainstream and able to lead productive lives is doing the right thing, altruism or purely self-serving aside.

• Like 1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How could someone who tortures babies care about anything apart from profit.

Cutting their beaks off really shocked me. I will never eat there again.

Are you somehow under the impression that KFC owns and operates chicken processing facilities?

And what's this about torturing babies? Could I get a cite on that?

Maybe not such a great deal. KFC in Thailand is the single worst fried chicken i have ever eaten. Even more so that the greasy bits in Japan.

Is the topic of this thread the quality of KFC food?

Quality and KFC should never be used in the same sentence. laugh.png

Maybe not such a great deal. KFC in Thailand is the single worst fried chicken i have ever eaten. Even more so that the greasy bits in Japan.

The quality of philanthropy at KFC should be praised as no other large fast food businesses in Asia do as much for handicapped people.

In my book, I applaud their actions. Thailand is not particularly handicap-friendly when compared to some other countries, and any company that offers opportunities to bring handicapped citizens into the mainstream and able to lead productive lives is doing the right thing, altruism or purely self-serving aside.

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

This is actually a model that KFC have rolled out around the world - some restaurants are entirely staffed by hearing imparred... not just the counter staff, but all the cooks, supervisors, and managers... good work in countries where being deaf may otherwise leave you on the fringe of society, with tough employment prospects...

Whilst I am sure KFC accepts tax breaks where available, I would be surprised if that figured into their decision making process... this would have come from their CSR group... good on them...

Depends on what definition of quality you are using...

If you use the proper definition of a repeatable process for a consistent outcome, then KFC is right up there - as I McDonalds... their food may be crap, but it is consistently crap... "well THAT was the best KFC Burger I ever eaten" said no one, ever...

Watch the following vdo and tell me you still respect KFC.

Yes I do, I love KFC, I love their chicken, I love their business systems, I admire their success, I find their food to be value for the money, and I wish I could be a KFC Franchisee one day.

KFC has to strike a balance between, safety cost, growth speed, & cruelty. Quite frankly, all I see is PETA bytching and moaning. Did they come up with any realistic solutions as to how KFC could better balance these important aspects of their business or did they just send a bunch of cute girls to protest naked outside of their restaurants?

PS I did the same thing as the guy with the bucket did, accept I got 2 of them and handed out free chicken to anyone who wanted to stand around and eat extra crispy with me and the protesters in Philly. "F" Peta's KFC stance.

peta-animals-chicken-kfc-peta-cruelty-pancakes-naked-protest-demotivational-poster-1221155865.jpg