Where And What Area Does This Dog Market Happen?

Jonrek2012

The dogs in the markets are almost all very very sick. Might be there is some good market that i dont know about but i doubt it. They look good, but most are infected with Parvo virus or another deadly virus with a name i cannot remember. You take them home and in the evening or the next day they start to throw up, then starts the diarrhea which soon turns into diarrhea with blood in it. Without intensive treatment they almost all die, and sometimes the treatment wont help and they die anyway. Going to end up much more expensive than buying from a decent place, and a very bad experience.

My wife and I foster dogs for our local rescue shelter. Basically we take them in, get them socialized and teach them some manners until some wonderful soul adopts them into a fotever home. I think in almost every case I've seen you'll get a better dog from a rescue than a breeder. Just my 2 bahts.

• Like 1

The dogs in the markets are almost all very very sick. Might be there is some good market that i dont know about but i doubt it. They look good, but most are infected with Parvo virus or another deadly virus with a name i cannot remember. You take them home and in the evening or the next day they start to throw up, then starts the diarrhea which soon turns into diarrhea with blood in it. Without intensive treatment they almost all die, and sometimes the treatment wont help and they die anyway. Going to end up much more expensive than buying from a decent place, and a very bad experience.

Probably the other virus that you were thinking of is coronavirus. Can easily cost tens of thousands of baht in vet bills to try to save a dog affected by those viruses, as often by the time these dog merchants sell them they are to the point that interferon treatment is about the only thing that might work. And the person or shop that sold you they dog won't take responsibility for it either, most likely they won't even agree to give you you money back on the purchase of the dog.

Edited by OriginalPoster

Probably the other virus that you were thinking of is coronavirus. Can easily cost tens of thousands of baht in vet bills to try to save a dog affected by those viruses, as often by the time these dog merchants sell them they are to the point that interferon treatment is about the only thing that might work. And the person or shop that sold you they dog won't take responsibility for it either, most likely they won't even agree to give you you money back on the purchase of the dog.

Possibly, but I think it more likely that he was thinking about distemper which is much more dangerous for the dog and very often fatal.

Sophon

Possibly, but I think it more likely that he was thinking about distemper which is much more dangerous for the dog and very often fatal.

Sophon

None of them are good news that's for sure. And worse yet is that puppies with distemper or other viruses are typically quite contagious, opening the possibility that once you take the pup home they might infect (and ultimately kill) other dogs with which they come in contact.

...are you looking for this?

http://goo.gl/maps/VTWTK

my friend bought a dog from there,2or3 years ago the dog is great and grown up to be a lovely dog,but must admit the place leaves a lot to be desired.,

It is a Thai market place...what do you expect?!tongue.png ...we've bought a dog there and had some initial problems (warms),but now 2.5 years later,it's a great and fun dog...smile.png

Most of the time they look and act just fine, playful and happy, since the viruses have not yet begun to do damage. Most are infected though. If you buy there the first thing you have to do is to go to the vet to see if the dog is infected. Even if the vet says it isnt, it can still be infected since it takes a couple of days for the virus to be visible in the feaces. Get the vet do give you some antibiotics, it will increase the chance of survival if it has parvo. If it has it will be very expensive for you. Bought a dog 2 years ago for 4000 b, probably spent 30 000 b trying to save its life and aftercare.