New Car B100,000 Cash Back?

blueocean

Hi all, Can anyone tell me exactly how this B100,000 cash back works and when did it start and when does it end? We are going to buy a new car and wife has never had car rego in her name, I saw posts on other threads talking about it, but wife says its for Government workers only. Thanks.

Anyone?

Quote. Yes. The problem is it may take you a few weeks or even months to take delivery of the vehicle. We booked our vios back in early October. We will take delivery in a few days. This was much quicker than our relatives in bkk who will wait for 6 months to get delivery. Now, you must take the purchase certificate that you receive and go to gov't building and register for the rebate before dec.31. You will get your rebate if you do,this even though you have not taken physical possession of car. Also. Vehicle over 1.5 ltr are also part of the rebate. You get a 10 % rebate for these vehicles. Recent news is that the payment of these rebates have been scaled backed from 2 x a month to 1 x per month starting in January. They say this is to give the goverment more time to look for corruption. Good luck.

Anyone?

i think you will get a better answer by heading to the showroom and talk to a sales rep rather than "Anyone?"

Don't know what exact answers you are looking for.

I think he is referring to non Thai goverment workers when using the word " anyone"

Anyone?

i think you will get a better answer by heading to the showroom and talk to a sales rep rather than "Anyone?"

Don't know what exact answers you are looking for.

I think he is referring to non Thai government workers when using the word " anyone"

As i said earlier any Thai Nationals who are 21 yrs of age and never own a car before in their own name would be eligible so it's not only for gov officials.

I am not a Thai and go ahead with the deal if you can find a trust worthy Thai associates to put your car in their names.

It would be better to ask questions with a sales rep for the car of your choice and when in doubts ask here.

Ok, Ill make it clear,

1: Is it available to any Thai with ID card and house reg, who has never before had a vehicle registered in their name?

Read Post #8 for your answer.

2: Is it a lump sum paid to the registered owner after 1 year?

Click on the link and read post #36 for your answer.

3: Which cars it it applicable to?

Click on this link for your answer.

• Like 1

went to the car show big c, the only non wait truck i could buy was nissan navarra, maybe in one week and in my wife's name 1st time buy. sales persons were sitting at the tables ignoring the customers, when we finally could get a salesman he was all about high pressure how much down, accessories, add ons etc..... he did not know anything about yingluck first time buy. he got me to 880,000thb for a navarra 4 door all tricked out. and he will let me know in one week if the deal will go or not.

next day went to mazda bt50 same truck delivery time december 2012, the salesman was absolutely no high pressure jack up the price, he gave me a sheet with the prices and financing, he knew everything all about yingluck first time buy and he told us where to go to get this paper sort of like when you get married in thailand. but the way it is explained is that my thai wife was bequeathed a first time right to buy a vehicle.

not having too much confidence in all this i kept asking, yes, no maybe? and everyone at mazda smiled at the dumb farang patiently and said ok 100%. we go to the city bldg. tomorrow to get her written paper for first time buy entitlement. never got into any refund stuff but that will be explained when we go to the city bldg. to get the paper tomorrow, as i find out this stuff i will pass it on.

on and mazda non high pressure price was 130,000thb less for pretty much the same truck.

I am not a Thai and go ahead with the deal if you can find a trust worthy Thai associates to put your car in their names.

I would urge everyone not to do something like that. A friend put a brand new Fortuner in his wife's name (why, I don't know). When he went to America for a while, his wife sold the car for about 350,000 THB below market value. Sold it in one hour of being listed.

I would urge everyone not to do something like that. A friend put a brand new Fortuner in his wife's name (why, I don't know). When he went to America for a while, his wife sold the car for about 350,000 THB below market value. Sold it in one hour of being listed.

well done your friend's wife

Surely that should read "friend's EX-wife" laugh.png

• Like 1

Surely that should read "friend's EX-wife" laugh.png

Nope. Still married. Albeit without a car.