Went To A Marriage This Weekend..

PomRakBKK

.. at least 10M baht in cash and some gold as sin sod and brand new bmw for the bride.

Obviously she is not a bar girl, but i kind of lost it a bit to be honest. Just a regular girl with a normal job.

My marriage plans are officially off the table. What some blokes pay to put themselves in prison is mind blowing..

• Like 1

Note the cash is mostly likely 90% for show, will remain on the couple's side, he would've bought her a car anyway just icing on the cake.

Wealthy groom, keen for big face all 'round. What nationality?

And why not? It's his money, he's probably head over heels let him enjoy the fun while it lasts.

Note the cash is mostly likely 90% for show, will remain on the couple's side, he would've bought her a car anyway just icing on the cake.

Wealthy groom, keen for big face all 'round. What nationality?

And why not? It's his money, he's probably head over heels let him enjoy the fun while it lasts.

The sin sod wont be returned according to the girls at the wedding. The groom was a singaporean national.

Shockingly, well more logically all the girls told me their families would at least expect the same on their wedding.

Edited by PomRakBKK

Quite the opposite in my experience. Eastern Asian integration here in Thailand usually works out better for all parties involved, as it's easier for them to acquire Thai citizenship.... which naturally puts marriages on more equal footing.

:-)

Surprisingly (from what I've seen) Korean and Singapore males seem to be even bigger suckers than western males.

IMO more likely they can simply better afford being so extravagant.

They're also placing their bets on horses more likely to finish well. . .

Can anyone enlighten me as to the reason for this particular thread,is it to highlight the money factor,or the She's Not A Bargirl factor.

I've been to many a wedding in the west and here,but never felt like discussing it on TV.

And here's me thinking that the cricket was depressing.

Next.

• Like 1

Well i posted it course i think 300k USD cash, some gold and a car is a bit over the top just to get married.

If anything ever happened to the old dear indoors, than there is no way I would consider marrying again.

I would want a lady who wants to be with me, because I’m me, not someone who would be on offer to the highest bidders and these days it appears to be business first and pleasure afterwards.

I think these guys are either crazy or desperate, but it`s their lives and good luck to all who sail in her.

• Like 2

Well i posted it course i think 300k USD cash, some gold and a car is a bit over the top just to get married.

But like most posters who raise these incessant topics,you felt you had to add " Obviously she is not a bar girl "

This is thaivisa - i tried to avoid the bargirl discussion by eliminating it within my first post, but i guess that didn't work out.

Did i hit a nerve or something?

• Like 1

But like most posters who raise these incessant topics,you felt you had to add " Obviously she is not a bar girl "

This is thaivisa - i tried to avoid the bargirl discussion by eliminating it within my first post, but i guess that didn't work out.

Did i hit a nerve or something?

No the obfuscation from opening posts becomes stagnated and monotonous,and tends to send the said topic only one way,usually closed or into discussion of bar girls and prostitution,just like the recent one where by the OP wanted to know what was the best option for a highly successful lady from Issan who wanted to buy a property in Pattaya,it turned into a free for all,and in fairness it seems like some posters deliberately bait others,after all this is an anonymous forum and we can all make stories up at the press of a keyboard.

Sadly it drags the forum down IMHO,and it needs not,when opening posters could offer slightly more insight from the word go.

Good luck to all involved.

Can anyone enlighten me as to the reason for this particular thread,is it to highlight the money factor,or the She's Not A Bargirl factor.

I've been to many a wedding in the west and here,but never felt like discussing it on TV.

Next.

its people who dont live in thailand posting stuff about bar girls and how we are suckers etc.

as far as i can tell its guys who wish they were here, or who have an axe to grind moral or otherwise.

the topics get posted frequently and all have a similar flavor.

Quite the opposite in my experience. Eastern Asian integration here in Thailand usually works out better for all parties involved, as it's easier for them to acquire Thai citizenship.... which naturally puts marriages on more equal footing.

Is that true that Asian men get special treatment like women when its comes Thai citizenship?

Next.

its people who dont live in thailand posting stuff about bar girls and how we are suckers etc.

as far as i can tell its guys who wish they were here, or who have an axe to grind moral or otherwise.

Well I live here and if you listen to other Thais talking to your partner its one of the first questions to be asked, usually, where do you work followed by where did you meet him?

I have no axe to grind, can only comment from what I have observed, most normal Thais can smell a bar girl and want nothing to do with them.

The above may not be PC to your way of thinking but its the way normal Thais think, most farang forget you will be judged by the company you keep here, just my observations.

Is that true that Asian men get special treatment like women when its comes Thai citizenship?

I don't know about 'special treatment' but it's much easier to get an Asian into your house registry than someone who might not pass for Thai. And after 10-15 years of 'living under the radar' here, your Thai is usually passable enough to be a member of an immigrant Thai family and to pass the few questions a 'friendly' district office clerk might ask when you're getting them their Thai ID card.

:)

Next.

Well I live here and if you listen to other Thais talking to your partner its one of the first questions to be asked, usually, where do you work followed by where did you meet him?

I have no axe to grind, can only comment from what I have observed, most normal Thais can smell a bar girl and want nothing to do with them.

The above may not be PC to your way of thinking but its the way normal Thais think, most farang forget you will be judged by the company you keep here, just my observations.

Not to be crass, but in my observation, most Thais are happy to associate with any Thai who is better off than they are, regardless of how they obtained it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

.. at least 10M baht in cash and some gold as sin sod and brand new bmw for the bride.

Obviously she is not a bar girl, but i kind of lost it a bit to be honest. Just a regular girl with a normal job.

My marriage plans are officially off the table. What some blokes pay to put themselves in prison is mind blowing..

What a lovely family conversation: "I paid a half million USD to buy your mom."

Sent from my PC36100 using Thaivisa Connect App