Best 3G Service In Bangkok

CWMcMurray

What are your thoughts?

I currently have AIS and have had it for a few years now... (First with BB and now with iPhone)

Previously never had an issue... 3G icon was always on no matter where I was in Bangkok, but over the last month it seems that service is really slipping

Over the last month not a day has gone by where it seems to switch back and forth from 3G to Edge and 2 weeks ago it kept also going to "1800" (which means no Internet at all)

Also even when the 3G icon is showing, the speeds are all over the place ... from 0.3 MB To 7 MB.

Have seen the speed change while sitting in the same location..

A couple of times over the last couple of weeks, have done speed tests every 15 min for about an hour and a half while sitting at home. Will see 7 mb and then 15 min later 1.5mb then 3mb and then 0.3mb and then 5mb then .... Never have seen a stable signal, just all over the place

My wife has DTAC on her iPad and she has also been complaining about 3G service as well?

Anyone else have any issues?

How about True? Any one using True 3G?

Does this have anything to do will the 3G license issues?

I know others have mentioned that Thailand does not have 3G but for the last 3 years, the 3G icon on phone has been on. Never seen this in the past... Used always have a stable signal ....

So who do you think has the best 3G service in Bangkok??

Im on Dtac and must say it isnt the best, iv been doin random speed tests aound bangkok and have similare results to you, 1 minute 6mb then 2 then 3 then 1 its all over the place, iv also been doin comparisons with my colleagues who are mostly with TRUE-H and TRUE-H beats Dtac all the time, if it wasnt for the hassle that changing numbers would mean \to my bank account, whatsapp people then i would defo move to TRUE becuase they give you more data cap(think the XL is 5GB)and faster speeds i know i could port the number but that seems like a whole world of pain having to deal with both DTAC and TRUE-H customer service to get it done, my stress levels couldnt handle it..

After all how fast do i really need my phones data speed to be, footie results from push, email and random bit of safari but mostly im near a wifi connection

So short anwser TRUE-H

Im on Dtac and must say it isnt the best, iv been doin random speed tests aound bangkok and have similare results to you, 1 minute 6mb then 2 then 3 then 1 its all over the place, iv also been doin comparisons with my colleagues who are mostly with TRUE-H and TRUE-H beats Dtac all the time, if it wasnt for the hassle that changing numbers would mean \to my bank account, whatsapp people then i would defo move to TRUE becuase they give you more data cap(think the XL is 5GB)and faster speeds i know i could port the number but that seems like a whole world of pain having to deal with both DTAC and TRUE-H customer service to get it done, my stress levels couldnt handle it..

After all how fast do i really need my phones data speed to be, footie results from push, email and random bit of safari but mostly im near a wifi connection

So short anwser TRUE-H

Your right and its common knowledge on the 3G space. MNP in essence is not a hassle, providing you 100% fill in the data as you applied w DTAC. Not sure what fields they need, but I assume name, ID u registered with and most likely birth date.

If get one digit wrong, DTAC will more than happily decline your move which they are legally entitled to.

The failure of a MNP usually resides with the donor ( DTAC in this case) unless the Recipient did wrong data entry ( not difficult to screw up 69 and 96 ).

Edited by skippybangkok

One thing you can say for 99,9% sure is that TrueMove is the worst!!!

They may the fastest, but that is only on a handful spots.

I used mDTAC for almost 7 years, then 1 year ago moved my number to AIS since dtac got worse almost every day.

However. The coverage is much better as anyones else from Ais since they run on a 900Mhz Network.

But the quality of service is far better on DTAC.

The internet speed is the same on both. So +1 for dtac and +1 for Ais

And if you never move your body, and lucky to be in a spot where truemove H actually works, then alot of +++ for true.

But if you ever move, just forget about truemove.

However. The coverage is much better as anyones else from Ais since they run on a 900Mhz Network.

But the quality of service is far better on DTAC.

Interesting...... "coverage is better"

AIS has less NodeB's (cells) in the 3G than DTAC, and True Move H has about 2x the amount of DTAC.

Are you sure your talking about 3G ? If you are, it would be a real amazing feat worth Global Telecoms Engineering prize of the year award.

Or maybe your talking about your 2G experience 7 years back ?