British Murder Suspect Lee Aldhouse To Be Extradited To Phuket

webfact

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Murder always destroys two lives in a just world. Aware of such fact is no doubt why Lee Aldhouse ran to England. Lee must be punished. However the court will take into account that both Men were trying to hurt the other. I imagine that a moderate penalty will be applied if he is found

guilty.

Have you read anything at all about this assault. Lee stalked that man, and stabbed him in the back (by all accounts). No moderate penalty should be applied.

• Like 1

Murder always destroys two lives in a just world. Aware of such fact is no doubt why Lee Aldhouse ran to England. Lee must be punished. However the court will take into account that both Men were trying to hurt the other. I imagine that a moderate penalty will be applied if he is found

guilty.

Have you read anything at all about this assault. Lee stalked that man, and stabbed him in the back (by all accounts). No moderate penalty should be applied.

Yes i thought that a bizarre post aswell. i haven't been following this too closely since the initial reports but to say it was a matter of "two men trying to hurt each other is ridiculous. The guy stole a knife seen on cctv then allegedly went round to his home and stabbed him in the back.

If proven thats every bit a life sentence i'd have thought

Doesn't seem to be any mention of a deal that Thai prosecutors may not demand the death penalty but perhaps that is just standard and not worth mentioning. I hope that don't let him escape again.

That is standerd. Without such deal he cannot be extradited as the European Convention on Human Rights prohibits that.

As to them "letting him escape". He made very fast for the border to Malaysia before the

Thai police were even sure who they were looking for. They didn't 'let him escape".

Didn't he cross the border at Klong Yai to Cambodia ?

Sanuk

Edited by sanuk21
  • Like 1

What 24/7 Bangup you are joking. The British jails are just like a 2 star hotel, you got your own LCD tv, keys to your own cell. You can wear your own clothes, choice of three meals both at lunch and dinner. Your out of your cell pretty much of the day.

You got access to education and gym, as well as other activities, some prisons have got phones in there cells.

I would imagine you would have to do some solid behind the door time before you got those types of privliges, they are normally reserved for first time non violent offenders or undesirables who are ending the end of there time, it will be 2 or 3 to a cell, nice bright red ladies tracksuits and 23 hr a day to reminise on how tough of a guy he is....

In einsight maybe the Thai route will be better for him....

I must say I'm surprised at this decision.

Would be interested to learn as to whether a "no death penalty" agreement had been made by the Thai government as terms of the extradition.

It would appear that the UK legal system would like to see some penalty applied to this man as they seem to have gone out of their way to hold him on "unrelated charges" and thereby have aided the extradition process. Perhaps he is a known loose cannon and dangerous type that the Brits would like to see curtailed?

Sad to see two lives (victim and assailant) ruined over one man's inability to control his humility, rage and anger.

I don't totally agree that Lee Aldhouse is a scumbag necessarily,.. just a guy that went off the rails and will no doubt live to regret that!

Nope, He's a scumbag. Did you read the whole story? This guy had a long time reputation for being a bully and an overall douchebag. Yeah, scumbag fits him just fine.

Edited by KuhnPaen

What 24/7 Bangup you are joking. The British jails are just like a 2 star hotel, you got your own LCD tv, keys to your own cell. You can wear your own clothes, choice of three meals both at lunch and dinner. Your out of your cell pretty much of the day.

You got access to education and gym, as well as other activities, some prisons have got phones in there cells.

I would imagine you would have to do some solid behind the door time before you got those types of privliges, they are normally reserved for first time non violent offenders or undesirables who are ending the end of there time, it will be 2 or 3 to a cell, nice bright red ladies tracksuits and 23 hr a day to reminise on how tough of a guy he is....

You imagined wrong. Those privileges (with the exception of the games console) are available for every prisoner upon entry and are taken away from you if you fall foul of the rules inside. What he didn't also mention, is that you get paid for working in a British prison, which is all relatively easy work and gets you out of your cell for long periods.

There are two recreation periods a day. Occasionally it can be a 23 hour day inside the cell, but that's incredibly rare for the average prisoner. Obviously violent, drug taking, mental cons are normally locked up for longer than the rest of the prison population for good reason.

You have access to a phone, inside the prison, normally next to the guard house. There are flush toilets. A medic always available. Your medication will be given to you.

Your meal choices are tailored to your diet and religion. You're fed a hot calorific meal 3 times a day, for which you're let out of your cell, unless your privileges are taken away.

You can enrol in any kind of education program you can think of. They have computers, music rooms, a barber, pool/snooker tables, a fully stocked library that can get you books to order if it's not in stock.

There's a VPU (Vulnerable Prisoner Unit) that you have to be sent to if you request it on entering the prison, which, as you would imagine, where prisoners are treated with even softer rules and guidelines.

Just reading the British press on a fairly moderate basis would tell you that repeat offenders locked up in the UK often laugh at their sentence and tell the judge "thanks for the bed and board" and "ridiculously easy time".

They also wear blue. Not red. It's not a jumpsuit. You're given 3-4 sets of a shirts, pullovers, trousers, socks, underwear, shoes when you arrive. You're allowed to keep some items of what you were wearing when you were processed - like sneakers for example. There are uniforms for work in lots of cases.

Compared to the Thai prisons which are: ~20 to a room. Sleeping on the floor in a space the size of your body. Infested with insects. Outlandishly hot. Chock full of airborne/waterborne diseases. Have you shackled around the hands and legs, which leads to chafing and skin infections. Have you defecate in public. Have a lights out. Have no phone. Have the most basic food provisions possible. No prison-run education. Forced labour for no pay. No games and hobbies. Riots where live ammunition is used. Beatings. Guards that have guns. Shall I go on...

Unless you're a dollar millionaire, I see no way in which a Thai prison is even in the same ball park.

It's hard graft and an extremely unpleasant experience and Thailand often appears in Amnesty's list of countries with the worst prisons and human rights abuses in prisons.

EDIT: I will say the "keys to your own cell" thing is a bit of a myth. In some C & D Cat prisons that may be the case for those about to leave the place and who already have regular day releases. That's definitely not the case for 90%+ of the general prison population.

---

Lastly, the phrase is "in hindsight." and it doesn't apply as "in hindsight" means looking back at some event or events that happened in the past.

Edited by ManInSurat

It is truly a regrettable reflection on the condition of the affairs of human civilization when decent people have to express happiness and satisfaction over something that should ordinarily work seamlessely and be the medium. People act like they had been holding their breath these days when the law goes into action. Will justice serve, or will it fail?

In the old days, when someone did wrong, it wasn't a question fo holding your breath. It was more a sigh of release at the time the person was apprehended, since the matter was usually wrapped up at that point. They got'em. Good! And the matter was closed and you never heard about it again. Not now, though. The day that Law Enforecement took the "To Protect and Serve" stickers of their cruiser doors is the day that all this went into the shitter. This has nothing to do with justice, and more to do with a strategic, political move; probably due to Osama's... I mean Obama's visit to Thailand.

Finally justice prevail ...... good news that guy will know you dont kill people without impunity , even in Thailand ..

Boll-x, unless of course you are rich and connected (and Thai) and you accidently shoot someone in a bar with a machine gun, or kill a police sergeant-major with a car whilst under the influence of drugs.

So many hypocrites...on the one hand everyone mocks the Thai justice system, on the other hand they praise justice being done with this extradition.

Thailand does have the best justice system that money can buy! however I don't think he has enough to buy himself out of this.remember it was the brits that agreed to send him back!

Finally justice prevail ...... good news that guy will know you dont kill people without impunity , even in Thailand ..

it happens all the time in Thailand. Lots of people kill and escape scot-free apart from some Police hush-money or family bribe.

<snip>

You imagined wrong. Those privileges (with the exception of the games console) are available for every prisoner upon entry and are taken away from you if you fall foul of the rules inside. What he didn't also mention, is that you get paid for working in a British prison, which is all relatively easy work and gets you out of your cell for long periods.

There are two recreation periods a day. Occasionally it can be...

<snip very long and detailed post>

So how come you know so much about life in a UK jail?

<snip>

So how come you're indirectly accusing me of being a one-time prisoner?

Nobody worked or knows people who work in the prison system, do they?

Edited by ManInSurat

<snip>

Oooh, touchy! biggrin.png

• Like 1

He hasn't exhausted all of the avenues of appeal yet, there's the European Court of Human Rights. It can take years for a case to be heard there. They often take speial cases for example this will be the first extradition to Thailand, that alone makes it special.

If this was committed in the UK he would get a long sentence for this murder, between 10 and 20 years, probably nearer 20 years.

I read somewhere (Phuketwan) that as part of avoiding the extradition being rejected on human right grounds they are prepared to build a western style cell for him to live in.

In Thailand if he pleads guilty I will be surprised if he gets any more than 10 years. The phuket suitcase killer (Ronald Fanelli) got 10 years and he brutally killed a 'bargirl' and stuffed her in a suitcase.

All these people who gleefully and ghoulishly anounce that he deserves to live in very bad conditions in a cockroach infested jail with diseased food where he will be brutalised every day probably don't realise it but this is the very argument which will prevent him from being extradited here should the case reach the last level of appeal - the ECHR.

His lawyers will be preparing the papers now.

• Like 2

Yes i knew them both.

Yes I was there that night.

I was 2 meters away from the brawl that started near the toilets.

I watched as the place errupted and 10 people were in the fracas.

I also saw Lee walk into 711 and go behind the counter.

I have seen the footage on tv showing he picked up a knife at 711.

Oi (Shawns girlfriend and my friend of 10 years) watched the murder -she was with him at his condo when he answered the door and Lee thrust the knfe into him several times.

I guess thats why I wrote "IT WAS HIM"!

great news! Having been there at Freedom bar that night and seeing everything unfold and going to the scene of the crime 30 minutes after the brutal murder (yes IT WAS HIM!!),

I will also be making myself available to the police/courts and the victims family... Lets put this guy where he belongs.

Hmm, yes, that is an astounding revelation that surely will secure justice. Let's recap: 1) you were at the Freedom when they fought--presumably you can identify, or better yet knew, Mr. Aldhouse and Mr. Longfellow; and 2) you were at the scene of the crime 30 minutes later, where I presume Mr. Longfellow may still have been, but Mr. Aldhouse had gone. Is that correct? Then, how can you be so sure ,"IT WAS HIM"? Unless you are simply identifying Mr. Longfellow with your statement, how do you reach the conclusion it was Mr. Aldhouse who stabbed Mr. Longfellow?

Edited by LivinginKata
name correction

There are two recreation periods a day. Occasionally it can be a 23 hour day inside the cell, but that's incredibly rare for the average prisoner. Obviously violent, drug taking, mental cons are normally locked up for longer than the rest of the prison population for good reason.

You have access to a phone, inside the prison, normally next to the guard house. There are flush toilets. A medic always available. Your medication will be given to you.

Your meal choices are tailored to your diet and religion. You're fed a hot calorific meal 3 times a day, for which you're let out of your cell, unless your privileges are taken away.

You can enrol in any kind of education program you can think of. They have computers, music rooms, a barber, pool/snooker tables, a fully stocked library that can get you books to order if it's not in stock.

There's a VPU (Vulnerable Prisoner Unit) that you have to be sent to if you request it on entering the prison, which, as you would imagine, where prisoners are treated with even softer rules and guidelines.

Just reading the British press on a fairly moderate basis would tell you that repeat offenders locked up in the UK often laugh at their sentence and tell the judge "thanks for the bed and board" and "ridiculously easy time".

They also wear blue. Not red. It's not a jumpsuit. You're given 3-4 sets of a shirts, pullovers, trousers, socks, underwear, shoes when you arrive. You're allowed to keep some items of what you were wearing when you were processed - like sneakers for example. There are uniforms for work in lots of cases.

Compared to the Thai prisons which are: ~20 to a room. Sleeping on the floor in a space the size of your body. Infested with insects. Outlandishly hot. Chock full of airborne/waterborne diseases. Have you shackled around the hands and legs, which leads to chafing and skin infections. Have you defecate in public. Have a lights out. Have no phone. Have the most basic food provisions possible. No prison-run education. Forced labour for no pay. No games and hobbies. Riots where live ammunition is used. Beatings. Guards that have guns. Shall I go on...

Unless you're a dollar millionaire, I see no way in which a Thai prison is even in the same ball park.

It's hard graft and an extremely unpleasant experience and Thailand often appears in Amnesty's list of countries with the worst prisons and human rights abuses in prisons.

EDIT: I will say the "keys to your own cell" thing is a bit of a myth. In some C & D Cat prisons that may be the case for those about to leave the place and who already have regular day releases. That's definitely not the case for 90%+ of the general prison population.

---

Lastly, the phrase is "in hindsight." and it doesn't apply as "in hindsight" means looking back at some event or events that happened in the past.

Like i said you are describing A CAT D prison, somebody who gets life for murder will be on 23 hr bang up no problem, being allowed out once a day for a hr on which time they have to have a shower, clean there cell and do what ever moaning business they need to do with the guards.

As for arguing about whether the tracksuits (nobody mentioned jumpsuits)are red or blue.... well thats just a perfick example of a TV member

• Like 1

His lawyers will be preparing the papers now.

They needn’t worry about him in a Thai prison only his closest friends will be allowed in his prison cell with him, he can wear any old casual clothes he likes, and can even get the air conditioning remote control a fine choice of English movies on TV in an evening prior to settling down for the night on his extra soft comfort mattress, and as for food he has a wonderful 2 choices with every meal. And he will only receive total respect from the kind hearted caring compassionate prison guards. So no worries here just send him over.

<Snip>

Like i said you are describing A CAT D prison, somebody who gets life for murder will be on 23 hr bang up no problem, being allowed out once a day for a hr on which time they have to have a shower, clean there cell and do what ever moaning business they need to do with the guards.

As for arguing about whether the tracksuits (nobody mentioned jumpsuits)are red or blue.... well thats just a perfick example of a TV member

I was describing life in Cat A HMP Wandsworth in London, where my uncle worked for 20 odd years.

It's also very typical of TV members to not respond to rebuttals made to their outlandish points. You're trying to point out my pedantry by being pedantic yourself and not bothering to answer my main point.

To make an assertion that a Thai prison will be a better route for him isn't an assertion based in any type of reality. It's a much more arduous and punitive experience. By a very long way. Unless you're very rich or powerful, which normally means you're not going inside in the first place.

Lifers are not locked up all day every day for 23 hours. That is not a statement of fact. They have jobs and are awarded similar privileges to all prisoners, contrary to your beliefs. If you'd like to tell my your source of information on this matter, I'd be interested to know.

If they're special cases well then obviously they're going to have restricted "freedoms" within prison for either their own safety or for the safety of others. They'd have come into the prison with the same basic right and privileges as everyone else, which I listed above.

It is only a games console that you have to work or behave for. Everything else I listed and mentioned is accessible for any level of prisoner. If they do something to have these things taken away, that's an entirely different thing.

I used Cat C & D prisons as example where you may be allowed to have keys. They're mostly open prisons where you can walk outside if you wanted to.

I find it hard to listen to people assert that life in Thai prison is easier than in a British one, mainly because of their vastly skewed ideas about just how punitive life in a British prison is.

Not to mention, when looking at past cases with much more heinous and attention-grabbing foreign murderers in Thailand, the sentencing is not at the "life" level. That's the drug-related crimes. 5, 10, 20 years perhaps. I don't really see how someone doing life in the UK is comparable or relevant.

Still, taking this into account, and mainly because of the language, disease, brutality, inedible food, forced labour and many other human rights abuses - I'd say life in a British prison is very very much like a walk in the proverbial park and Aldhouse is trying his utmost not to get sent here.

And he's failed.

Good.

Edited by ManInSurat

So many hypocrites...on the one hand everyone mocks the Thai justice system, on the other hand they praise justice being done with this extradition.

I believe the praise here is due to the UK judicial system, which has approved extradition of Mr. Aldhouse to Thailand. It remains to be seen how the Thai judicial system operates once he is back in Thailand.

Especially considering the victim was an American. Being a high profile case they'll probably have to do a good job on this one.

<snip>

He did not appear to me as accusing you of anything.

He asked where you got all that knowledge from.

I was wondering about the same thing.

Because your post was good and interesting.

<snip>

He did not appear to me as accusing you of anything.

He asked where you got all that knowledge from.

I was wondering about the same thing.

Because your post was good and interesting.

I read it fairly tongue-in-cheek and normally when I talk about prisons someone always makes some inference, mainly as I live in Thailand. There is a fair amount of stigma attached to this country.

That's probably why.

Either way, I'm not offended if that is indeed what was meant. I was just trying to respond in (jokey) kind and I'm pretty sure that that's where JetSet was going, even if in a jokey way.

Alright, I'll admit it, I killed Lord Lucan and Jimmy Hoffa and they've hidden me from the press so well in Surat Thani, after they released me from Wandsworth!

• Like 2