British Murder Suspect Lee Aldhouse To Be Extradited To Phuket

webfact

Brit Aldhouse to be extradited to Phuket

Phuket Gazette

a1.jpeg

Judges at the British High Court have dismissed the appeal by Mr Aldhouse and he now faces extradition to Phuket to face murder charges. Photo: Anthony M/Wikipedia

a2.jpeg

British kickboxer Lee Aldhouse has lost his fight against extradition to Thailand and will now be deported to Thailand to face charges for the killing of American Deshawn Longfellow. Photo: James Goyder

PHUKET: -- British national Lee Aldhouse, wanted on murder charges in Phuket, has lost his High Court appeal and will be extradited to Phuket.

The news of the UK High Court dismissing Mr Aldhouse's appeal follows High Court judges agreeing to postpone the extradition hearing so that Mr Aldhouse's lawyers would have more time to prepare their case.

Mr Aldhouse successfully fled Thailand after allegedly stabbing American Deshawn Longfellow to death in August 2010. He was later arrested at Heathrow Airport on an unrelated charge when he tried to re-enter the UK.

Mr Aldhouse lost his initial extradition hearing. Facing a return to Phuket to answer for murder charges, he filed an appeal claiming that conditions in Thai prisons infringed on human rights.

UK Home Secretary Theresa May’s decision to allow his extradition was initially overturned by High Court judges who ruled that Mr Aldhouse’s claims were at least worthy of being heard.

That appeal has now been dismissed.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle19502.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-11-20

Related topic:

American Murdered In Phuket; Police Hunt 'Killer Brit'

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/390823-american-murdered-in-phuket%3B-police-hunt-killer-brit/

• Like 1

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't seem to be any mention of a deal that Thai prosecutors may not demand the death penalty but perhaps that is just standard and not worth mentioning. I hope that don't let him escape again.

That is standerd. Without such deal he cannot be extradited as the European Convention on Human Rights prohibits that.

• Like 2

Doesn't seem to be any mention of a deal that Thai prosecutors may not demand the death penalty but perhaps that is just standard and not worth mentioning. I hope that don't let him escape again.

I think the death penalty might be concidered if it were a Thai National murdered, but remember it was only another farang.

That is standerd. Without such deal he cannot be extradited as the European Convention on Human Rights prohibits that.

A

And 40+ years in a Thai prison personally would very likely be scarier than getting officially quickly killed early on.

And besides with his roidhead attitude, and kickboxer notoriety, he will be challenged early

and often in muy thai land stir, and his shelf life is not assured unless he makes some

serious connections that he is unlikely to be able to make.

As to them "letting him escape". He made very fast for the border to Malaysia before the

Thai police were even sure who they were looking for. They didn't 'let him escape".

Edited by animatic

I must say I'm surprised at this decision.

Would be interested to learn as to whether a "no death penalty" agreement had been made by the Thai government as terms of the extradition.

It would appear that the UK legal system would like to see some penalty applied to this man as they seem to have gone out of their way to hold him on "unrelated charges" and thereby have aided the extradition process. Perhaps he is a known loose cannon and dangerous type that the Brits would like to see curtailed?

Sad to see two lives (victim and assailant) ruined over one man's inability to control his humility, rage and anger.

I don't totally agree that Lee Aldhouse is a scumbag necessarily,.. just a guy that went off the rails and will no doubt live to regret that!

I think the death penalty might be concidered if it were a Thai National murdered, but remember it was only another farang.

Thailand has the death penalty, but it is not often executed.

Besides, one cannot be extradited from a memberstate of the European Convention on Human Rights if one can be given the death penalty or there is a reasonable fear for inhuman treatment/torture. In that respect once nationality is not important. Even Osama Bin Laden could not have been extradited from the UK without assurences he would not recieve the death penalty.

• Like 1

Thailand has the death penalty, but it is not often executed.

Besides, one cannot be extradited from a memberstate of the European Convention on Human Rights if one can be given the death penalty or there is a reasonable fear for inhuman treatment/torture. In that respect once nationality is not important. Even Osama Bin Laden could not have been extradited from the UK without assurences he would not recieve the death penalty.

But anyway he's going to a hell which is most likely worst than death, unfortunatly he will probably degrade the life of others around him because of his "bruiser" nature

• Like 1

I find it interesting that someone who kills a man, taking away all he had and all he will ever have complain about human rights violations. Murderers (IF found guilty) do not deserve rights. Except maybe the right to sit in a cell for a longtime while his ;ife waste away.

Also, why would someone who prides himself a Muay Thai fighter resort to stabbing someone? I don;t know much about Muay Thai, but sure some of it's core tenets include respecting your opponent.

His pic makes me think he is pretty full of himself and just a poser.

• Like 1

Even if the death penalty were to be handed down, it is unlikely that it would be administered to a farang. I believe he will have to serve a third of his sentence in Thailand before being transferred to UK for the remainder (if requested).

Since he was arrested at Heathrow on an unrelated charge, it would appear he is not a very seemly gentleman, and I'm sure the British justice system will be happy for Thailand to look after him.

Edited by peterdarby

Well i must say, i didnt think that would happen, should be back for a nice Xmas healthy dinner of fish heads and rice water

Interestingly, quite a few brits who've been transferred to the UK after serving the first few years of their sentences in Bangkwang have said they preferred the Thai jail, where there was a lot more freedom than in 23 hr/7d/w UK lock-ups. If you have a bit of cash the food can be fine too (you cook it yourself), and of course you can buy all sorts of other "stuff" to make the time go faster.

The view of Thai prisons was distorted by a ludicrous book called "The Damage Done" about Bangkwang in the 70's. These days its way different, but even back then it bore little resemblance to its depiction in that sensationalist book, as confirmed to me by two acquaintances who spent time on both sides of the walls. One a prisoner, the other a guard.

Anyway, it's good to know Mr Lee is going to be out of circulation for a very long time.

great news! Having been there at Freedom bar that night and seeing everything unfold and going to the scene of the crime 30 minutes after the brutal murder (yes IT WAS HIM!!),

I will also be making myself available to the police/courts and the victims family... Lets put this guy where he belongs.

Hmm, yes, that is an astounding revelation that surely will secure justice. Let's recap: 1) you were at the Freedom when they fought--presumably you can identify, or better yet knew, Mr. Aldhouse and Mr. Longfellow; and 2) you were at the scene of the crime 30 minutes later, where I presume Mr. Longfellow may still have been, but Mr. Aldhouse had gone. Is that correct? Then, how can you be so sure ,"IT WAS HIM"? Unless you are simply identifying Mr. Longfellow with your statement, how do you reach the conclusion it was Mr. Aldhouse who stabbed Mr. Longfellow?

I must say I'm surprised at this decision.

Would be interested to learn as to whether a "no death penalty" agreement had been made by the Thai government as terms of the extradition.

It would appear that the UK legal system would like to see some penalty applied to this man as they seem to have gone out of their way to hold him on "unrelated charges" and thereby have aided the extradition process. Perhaps he is a known loose cannon and dangerous type that the Brits would like to see curtailed?

Sad to see two lives (victim and assailant) ruined over one man's inability to control his humility, rage and anger.

I don't totally agree that Lee Aldhouse is a scumbag necessarily,.. just a guy that went off the rails and will no doubt live to regret that!

Yeah; I can understand why you wouldn't think he isn't a scumbag, it;s not like he had time to cool off or did it on the spare of the moment. If memory serves me right he went home to get a knife then drove to the guys home, waited outside until the Americans showed up at his house in a sabotage style, came up from behind to stabbed him to death..I'm a bit dumb founded though, because I really don't know what part to praise him for (1) be a chicken shick sneaking up behind the guy. (2) Or stabbing him to death because the American kicked his ass.. well hey ! bottom line is I have the up most respect for him as well, I mean how could you not under these circumstances right? Well, he won't have to worry about them kicking his ass in the jail here..I understand they have a much better purpose for it. In fact they say some go in like this ( o ) and come out like this ( O ) ouch.