Palm Trees Question, S What Else Can I Plant

WilliamCave

I have about 5 acrs of palm trees and they are now 15 years old.

Is there a life span for these trees?

Was also thinking about removing them and was woundering what else i can plant, or what will grow on this soil now. it is in chumphon and i do have access to water .

Any body with experience in this area.

I dont stay at this property ful time only on my holidays do i go there .

Just starting some research to see what i might do in the future .

As as I am aware there is no life span for palm trees in fact the older/larger they are the more they are worth, as you probably know there are several species of palms some of the 'specimen' species are quite expensive to buy, you could perhaps consider growing those for resale?

Sugar cane can normally be grown in the same soil Ph as palm trees. You have a large area which could be sectioned to grow several different types of plants, to get an idea visit the local nursery see what they are growing, this option would possibly require some care/work and may not be suitable for a 'plant them and leave them' type deal.

Good luck.

You haven't said what type of palms they are . I understand coconut palms can keep on going for years but the above site ,from Mosha, refers to oil Palms .

At 1 baht per nut, coconuts are not worth the effort. Even the buyers are not as prevelant as they were last year and the year before.

You haven't said what type of palms they are . I understand coconut palms can keep on going for years but the above site ,from Mosha, refers to oil Palms .

At 1 baht per nut, coconuts are not worth the effort. Even the buyers are not as prevelant as they were last year and the year before.

Somebody,somewhere must be making a fortune with all the coconut water, coconut lotions, coconut de-tox juices etc that are popular at the moment .