Non-immigration 'o' 2nd Year Extension

Next month I will be attending the interview for my second year Non-Imm 'O' visa extension. (Married to a Thai)

We went through an interview with the immigration officer last year. I still could recall that we were asked questions separately. It was actually quite fun in a week as it could test how well we understand and know each other.

This year, we are going to have the interview again. But this time, I wonder what questions they will ask. I doubt they will be the same questions.

Has anyone gone through this stage ?

Any tips and advices ?

Thanks

I am going through the same process in about 2 weeks. What I did last week was go to the immigration dept in Phibun Mangsahan (my local Immigration office) and asked them what I needed to bring with me. I showed them the stat decs and certificates etc that I used last time. They told me no problems at all with using them. Sounds like it will be a more simpler process this time.

Let us know how you get on.

Interviews? You both will normally sit in front of a desk and present your documents. They will check your file and fill out papers then they may ask you or wife to confirm answers are right and then you get your under review stamp. If there are changes planned they may have you sign a paper explaining what they are and such. The first time all the bio data had to be entered so there were more questions. This time it will be mostly copy and confirm. Should only take a few minutes.

I am going through the same process in about 2 weeks. What I did last week was go to the immigration dept in Phibun Mangsahan (my local Immigration office) and asked them what I needed to bring with me. I showed them the stat decs and certificates etc that I used last time. They told me no problems at all with using them. Sounds like it will be a more simpler process this time.

Let us know how you get on.

Mine will be on March, ie : Next month. Looks like you will have yours first.

Please let us know after your interview. I will update you as well. Thanks

Interviews? You both will normally sit in front of a desk and present your documents. They will check your file and fill out papers then they may ask you or wife to confirm answers are right and then you get your under review stamp. If there are changes planned they may have you sign a paper explaining what they are and such. The first time all the bio data had to be entered so there were more questions. This time it will be mostly copy and confirm. Should only take a few minutes.

Thanks a lot lopburi3, you are right about what you mentioned here. I experienced this last year.

Well, sounds good that the process will be much simpler

After this round, I will have one more year to go and after which I will be able to apply for my PR. Am I right about it, lopburi3 ?

I am really looking forward to it.

After three full years (applications are in December). But it is best to talk with those at immigration before spending the money as they will have the current information and be able to provide some estimate of your chance. They may suggest a year or two wait. But always a good idea to ask.

After three full years (applications are in December). But it is best to talk with those at immigration before spending the money as they will have the current information and be able to provide some estimate of your chance. They may suggest a year or two wait. But always a good idea to ask.

Thanks

Although my visa expires next month, I went to the immigration today (valentine's day) with all the paper work plus the banker's guarantee and my bank book.

My wife and I expected an interview but to my surprise, there was none. I got the extension within 10 minutes !

Although my visa expires next month, I went to the immigration today (valentine's day) with all the paper work plus the banker's guarantee and my bank book.

My wife and I expected an interview but to my surprise, there was none. I got the extension within 10 minutes !

Hi Desmond

Thats great news for you, and I am sure you are very happy :o

Its very intresting that no "UNDER CONSIDERATION" stamp was given this time.

Things seem to be getting better / easier in this area :D

Hi Desmond

Thats great news for you, and I am sure you are very happy :D

Its very intresting that no "UNDER CONSIDERATION" stamp was given this time.

Things seem to be getting better / easier in this area :D

Thanks daddy57, I am very happy indeed.

The 1st year was tough but I guess extensions are easier for subsequent years as they already have all the bio data in their computers :o