Buy External Monitor For Laptop Pattaya

seasia

Hi

I want to buy a monitor for my laptop( nothing wrong with the screen on laptop, just want a bigger screen)

Any suggestions as to who/where might have the best service?

The laptop is an Acer, so swayed towards buying the same brand or alternatively a Samsung,I guess it does not matter what brand it is, is that correct?

Central at soi 9 would be a convenient location for me, rather than Tuk Com.

I`ve noticed both Power Buy and Banana IT in there and thought the latter`s service was good when I bought a camera there.

Is there anything important to consider when I choose/buy ?

Very limited knowledge on such things so appreciate any advice.

Thankssmile.png

If your laptop has an HDMI output you should buy a screen that has an HDMI socket (and get an HDMI cable). This will give you the best possible image quality. You may like to get a monitor with speakers built-in also, and HDMI will handle this too.

Be aware that some (usually cheaper) laptops cannot provide full resolution to large screens.

Take your laptop with you. It has to undergo some changes to set up the external monitor and it's not a simple thing to do.

Brand is unimportant.

On many modern laptops you only need to push the function key (often blue) and the corresponding screen-select fn key. The manual will explain this.

This is not complicated at all. Not a bad idea to take the laptop to test the screen though.

• Like 1

re.

Is there anything important to consider when I choose/buy ?

Very limited knowledge on such things so appreciate any advice.

get one with a matt screen ( ive got an LG )

coz on my two asus i can see easily anytime in any light

on my acer i can see my ugly mug being reflected back at me

half the time .... not good : (

dave2

post-42592-0-89478700-1353590557_thumb.j

on all three low-end laptops I had over the past 5 years it was no problem at all. Plug in the additional screen and done. Maybe go to screen settings and tell your computer whether you want to duplicate or extend the screen.

• Like 1

I bought a 32 inch Panasonic TV that doubles as a computer monitor. Best screen I've ever had in many years of computing. Power Buy at Central was 14,000+ but many other units to choose from. Take your laptop along and test it with their Panasonic and Samsung display units. I recommend an LED over a LCD.

Here's the 32" next to its little brother, a BENQ 22 inch.

post-53404-0-46283000-1353601102_thumb.j

Edited by SurfRider

There are 32 inch Sony TV's, in Tesco they were about 9,000bht over the past weekend (17-18 Nov), that have the ability so you can show your computer and watch TV at the same time, other makes do it as well but, I have only seen Sony here in Thailand.

Just to summarize all above, with minor corrections:

Brand is not important. Don't expect for any warranty. At prices around 5k THB, you can't be wrong.

Don't buy an expensive brand unless you are pro. The device will die morally or physically before you really get profit of a high brand.

The interface matters. Your laptop may have HDMI, DVI, mini-DVI, or VGA outlets. 1st is best, last is worst as per quality.

Check if your video card supports exactly the same resolution as monitor's native one. Note, your primary (built-in) monitor may have a different resolution, that's no problem.

Don't buy a TV; a regular computer screen will be fine.

Take your laptop to the shop and test on place.

Depending on your operation system, you may have various settings as per dual monitor. Windows has "extend my desktop" setting or even a physical button near the keyboard. It is called "projector" or "second monitor".

Buy at TukCom. You will have a wider choice, and most sellers would let you test.

One more thing. With two monitors, your video card will consume more power. Make sure it is not overheating, or buy a cheap cooler stand (120-150 THB). Also, take your power supply for testing.

Good luck with your purchase.

Edited by bytebuster
  • Like 1