Car Ownership

surferphilip

Of course you can transfer to someone who is not in the country. In fact you can make an 'open transfer' that doesn't specify the end owner at all. Used car dealers use that method all the time. That said, it's not really a good idea to use that method unless you trust the re-seller.

Sorry guys I've just finished paying for my vehicle over 2 yrs through Tisco bank which was in my name I have now received all docs and completion statement and according to the said documention the vehicle now belongs to me.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Of course you can transfer to someone who is not in the country. In fact you can make an 'open transfer' that doesn't specify the end owner at all. Used car dealers use that method all the time. That said, it's not really a good idea to use that method unless you trust the re-seller.

the reason I ask is I need my girlfriend to put the car in my name for tax reasons until we get married and she sats I have to be physically in the country how about dual ownership is that possible? that would work for my problem also

the reason I ask is I need my girlfriend to put the car in my name for tax reasons until we get married and she sats I have to be physically in the country how about dual ownership is that possible? that would work for my problem also

Can register in your name while you're abroad, but you need to sign power of attorney and provide all necessary paperwork.