Thai Tourist Visa From Netherlands

Has anyone tried to get a tourist visa from the Netherlands? There is a Thai embassy in The Hague. Their web site is http://www.royalthaiembassy.nl.

Their tourist visa page states that they can give triple entry tourist visas with 6 months validity.

I just thought I'd check on this forum for any experiences.

Edited by hyperdimension
  • Like 1

Yeah. Make sure you go to Amsterdam since they say the regulations are a bit easier there.

I applied in Amsterdam for both Tourist and Buisiness and never had any problems. If they don't pick up the

phone just keep holding the line, it's actually really ringing in the consulate wich is making the people there crazy after a period of time.

They tend to not pick up if you call them and hang up after thinking nobody will answer.

A year ago i got the double-entry tourist visa. Can't remember if they offered a triple as well.

You might as well apply for a 1 year multiple entry (or perhaps that's only for 50 years and older)

In any case, there is no need to go to the consulate or embassy, everything can be done by mail. Download application form, 2 pass photos, self addressed envelop with registered mail, cash money, passport valid 3 months after visa expires. Put everything in a bubble wrap envelop and send per registered mail.

You might as well apply for a 1 year multiple entry (or perhaps that's only for 50 years and older)

In any case, there is no need to go to the consulate or embassy, everything can be done by mail. Download application form, 2 pass photos, self addressed envelop with registered mail, cash money, passport valid 3 months after visa expires. Put everything in a bubble wrap envelop and send per registered mail.

I was advised by the Amsterdam Consulate that application by post was not allowed, I live in Groningen. They did accept my application hand delivered by a a third party and I am waiting to see if they will release my passport to the same third party with a POA or I will have to make the journey myself.

A Thai embassy is pretty much useless all over Europe if you're not Thai. When you're going to a Consulate, you'll find dutch people working there, not Thais.

That makes all much easier, even a one year Non-B, or O is possible.

Edited by sirchai

At least in Germany I got Non-Immigrant-O 1 year also below 50 years without any issue, so worth a try.

Bye,

Derk

Care to disclose how long ago this was ?? And which Embassy, Consulate ? Munich ?

Edited by MJCM

At least in Germany I got Non-Immigrant-O 1 year also below 50 years without any issue, so worth a try.

Bye,

Derk

Care to disclose how long ago this was ?? And which Embassy, Consulate ? Munich ?

3 days ago in Consulate Stuttgart.

But ok, I'm already retired and having presented by pension payment statement biggrin.png

Bye,

Derk

Thai consulate in Stuttgart is pretty cool. You'll get a Non-O visa if married to a Thai by just showing the marriage certificate.

Was different a few years ago, went there asking for a one year visa. The lady telling me: " Oh, if you want to stay there for so long, you'll need a Non-B visa, to be able to work."

I said: " Oh, yes, that's what I wanted to apply for." Paid my money, left with a one year Non-B visa.

Edited by sirchai

Dutch tourist visa 2012

Here is how it went may2012! I double checked everything and did this myself and this is verifyable.

Den Haag doesnt deal with tourist visas anymore. You will have to apply in Amsterdam @ Herengracht 444.

Everybody thinks its easy just to get the visa and go to thailand. Its not as simple as that!

Welcome to Thailand!(Read patience is a virtue) And already it starts when you are in Holland.

You have to understand back in the good old days you could simply send your passport by mail, transfer the fee money by bank and wait for it to be returned in the mail with the stamps and visas on there.

Now you HAVE to send cash! Thats right. Send your passport with cash by mail!

Would you do this 1 month before you fly to Thailand? I wouldn't---

Safest way to get the Visa

Go to Amsterdam with all completed forms,copy passport, printed tickets passport(valdid 6 months minumum from ticket departure), etc, etc , etc http://www.thaiconsulate-amsterdam.org/page7/page7.html

and CASH(they dont have PIN).

Give the package to them, wait their phone call or call them. Go back to amsterdam and pick up the package.

Unless you are a cowboy! feel free to send it by mail.

Proost!

Proost!

Well yes I agree with above. Don't be foolish to send passports, cash and other documents around. Last time I applied for my Non-img B I didn't have time to pick it up myself. I decided to let them send it to me wich proved to be mayor pain in the ass. You don't know where your passport is, they also don't know. Just let them call you, take the car or do it by train. Grab a couple of friends and have a fun day in Amsterdam (that's what I did last time)

Good times getting a visa :-)

• Like 1