Stingray

jackinbkk

smile.png Ok, so I've been to the bang pakong river before for a look after seeing documentaries about the massive stingray that inhabit it.

What do you think would be the chances of catching one if you put out a big dead bait weighted to the bottom?

I've got a nice big reel that would hold about 400 yards of 130lb braid and a good strong rod to match that can lift 50lb dumbbells.

Has anyone ever fished for the stingray? Any idea on the costs?

Id be fine catching it. It's the release that could be tricky biggrin.png

Contact Stefano at the big blues phuket. He does lots of types of fishing tours including for the stingrays. I have nothing to do with his business other than knowing him from having my own fishing business here in Phuket before which I sold last year.

Contact Stefano at the big blues phuket. He does lots of types of fishing tours including for the stingrays. I have nothing to do with his business other than knowing him from having my own fishing business here in Phuket before which I sold last year.

Thanks Phil, but i'm talking abour freshwater rays. I'd imagine you are talking about salt water?

I was in Phuket for about 2 years. Were you located somewhere like Rawai?

Thanks Phil, but i'm talking abour freshwater rays. I'd imagine you are talking about salt water?

Jack - he does all sorts of tours including for the freshwater stingrays.

My boat operated out of Chalong where just about all the fishing charters still do. As a matter of interest the fishing has deteriorated dramatically around Phuket and I would certainly not reccommend a trip offshore here - contrary to what the charter operators will tell you. One of my main reasons for selling up!!!

There are a few boats that do trips over to the Andaman Islands around march and these can be great fun and productive.

Jack - he does all sorts of tours including for the freshwater stingrays.

My boat operated out of Chalong where just about all the fishing charters still do. As a matter of interest the fishing has deteriorated dramatically around Phuket and I would certainly not reccommend a trip offshore here - contrary to what the charter operators will tell you. One of my main reasons for selling up!!!

There are a few boats that do trips over to the Andaman Islands around march and these can be great fun and productive.

Thanks Phil,

I thought it was bad in 2009 so I can't imagine it now.