Thai Man Dies Playing Video Game

webfact

No not banning it, I'm sure some members would have some ideas how to reduce young people's time in front of a game instead of interacting with real people, any ideas or just more criticism?

Real people?

That's a bit rich in this world of deceit. Maybe young people aren't interested in interacting with virtual liars?

Meth is running rampant amongst youths in bangkok like it was in Nazi germany with hitlers soldiers..

I've never seen this observation about Nazi soldiers strung out on meth before. Do you have a source on this? I find it interesting.

www.google.com

Jesus would just hand you the loaves & fishes to create dependence.

But if he wasn't creepy, he'd have taught the masses how to fish and bake.

http://www.spiegel.d...s-a-354606.html

The Nazis preached abstinence in the name of promoting national health. But when it came to fighting their Blitzkrieg, they had no qualms about pumping their soldiers full of drugs and alcohol. Speed was the drug of choice, but many others became addicted to morphine and alcohol.

After it was first introduced into the market in 1938, Pervitin, a methamphetamine drug newly developed by the Berlin-based Temmler pharmaceutical company, quickly became a top seller among the German civilian population. The effects of amphetamines are similar to those of the adrenaline produced by the body, triggering a heightened state of alert. In most people, the substance increases self-confidence, concentration and the willingness to take risks, while at the same time reducing sensitivity to pain, hunger and thirst, as well as reducing the need for sleep. In September 1939, Ranke tested the drug on 90 university students, and concluded that Pervitin could help the Wehrmacht win the war.

At first Pervitin was tested on military drivers who participated in the invasion of Poland. Then, according to criminologist Wolf Kemper, it was "unscrupulously distributed to troops fighting at the front."During the short period between April and July of 1940, more than 35 million tablets of Pervitin and Isophan (a slightly modified version produced by the Knoll pharmaceutical company) were shipped to the German army and air force.

Even then, doctors were concerned about the fact that the regeneration phase after taking the drug was becoming increasingly long, and that the effect was gradually decreasing among frequent users. In isolated cases, users experienced health problems like excessive perspiration and circulatory disorders, and there were even a few deaths.

According to an internal statistic compiled by the chief of the medical corps, 705 military deaths between September 1939 and April 1944 could be linked directly to alcohol. The unofficial figure was probably much higher, because traffic accidents, accidents involving weapons and suicides were frequently caused by alcohol use.

So 99% of substance abuse deaths were alcohol-related even though methamphetamine use was far more prevalent. But I guess "Hitler's Drunk Soldiers" wouldn't be much of a title.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a friend who is worried about her teenage son, he stays up late at night playing computer games and often sleeps in class, I wonder if this young man's family had also been worried about his habit of playing games? When will governments begin to see that some people are addicted to these games just as others are addicted to gambling, alcohol, tobacco and drugs? How many other people are locked away in an artificial world?

Sent from my GT-I9003

And your idea is ? Banning it ? Just curious because mostly when people tell goverments to do stuff it means that people who have no problems with the drugs or games loose out because to protect a few they cant play it anymore or use it anymore.

Good counceling would help but there are almost no drug or alcohol programs here. Banning seems to be the only thing they can do.

Actually i don't find it wrong to play games and live in a world like that, if your not harming anymone.. why not. Who am i to tell him to go out and play football or whatever or go to a gym.

Next time the ban beer.. fat food.. girls what ever.

Fat girls, maybe?

But banning is not good, and Mum need to be careful, too:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/594852-14-year-old-boy-kills-his-mother-in-bangkok%3B-mum-wouldnt-let-him-play-computer-games/

I don't see any news item yet referring to the Crack down on video games from the government .

Certainly not! A Thai would never be addicted to anything, or anybody. ---wub.png

Right, they would lose face. oops....

No not banning it, I'm sure some members would have some ideas how to reduce young people's time in front of a game instead of interacting with real people, any ideas or just more criticism?

Banning smartphones and UPS's plus more power blackouts

Edited by noob7

Meth is running rampant amongst youths in bangkok like it was in Nazi germany with hitlers soldiers..

I've never seen this observation about Nazi soldiers strung out on meth before. Do you have a source on this? I find it interesting.

It's history, so where have you been?

http://amphetamines....olf-hitler.html

Also you can look into 'The wizard of OZ' Methuse was not unknown, that days. Never thought about the 'giant' eyes of Judy Garland?

She was usually a bit introverted. But the director didn't like that!

Edited by noob7

Internet Addiction is the New Mental Health Disorder

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/11/24/internet-addiction.aspx?e_cid=20121124_DNL_art_2

Story at-a-glance

• “Internet use disorder" will be recommended as an area that needs further study in the next edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual for Mental Disorders (DSM), which means it may become an actual mental health disorder very soon.
  • As defined by the American Psychiatric Association, Internet use disorder includes many characteristics of any addiction, such as experiencing withdrawal symptoms when the object of addiction is taken away, an inability to control its use, developing a tolerance to it, deceiving family members about its use, and losing interests in other hobbies. In this case, of course, the object of abuse is the Internet.
  • By making Internet addiction a certifiable mental illness, it then becomes treatable by drugs and billable through insurance companies―and morphs into a "disorder" that is likely something that will stigmatize your health records for the rest of your life.

Might find some kind of stimulant went alongside these mammoth sessions. No matter how much you like video games its pretty hard to kill yerself on them without help. Still its not all bad at least he got to go out doing something he loved, my biggest fear would be to go out doing something I hated. 10 minutes before an end of a shift at work on a Friday is worst case scenario for me.

For the dork in the chair - 'Surrogates'

However, WORK??? What's that..??