English Courses/schools In Phuket Or Bangkok

My partner will be applying for a Settlement Visa next year. She needs to complete and pass an English reading and writing test as part ofnthe application. Can any members recommend a school either in Phuket or Bangkok that she could enrol to?

Also a rough idea of the cost would be good as well!

Many thanks.

Viking639

Assuming you are asking about a UK visa:-

Although test providers in Thailand will insist on her taking reading and writing as well, as far as her visa application is concerned she only needs speaking and listening. So it doesn't matter if she fails the reading and writing parts.

It is for her Indefinite Leave to Remain application after 5 years living in the UK that she will need to pass a written test.

See under 'Language' in UK Settlement visa Basics.

Test providers must be approved by the UKBA, and the above link will give you a list of those.

They also provide courses, but she does not have to study with one of them, only take the test with one of them.

Note that this is the situation now; there may well be changes to the requirement over the next 12 months.

This is the website of a reputable school that teachers English. The website contains the prices and hours for normal courses, but I'm sure that they can pattern special courses, at a price of course. Contact them direct for further info:http://www.tlslanguageschool.com/

This is the website of a reputable school that teachers English. The website contains the prices and hours for normal courses, but I'm sure that they can pattern special courses, at a price of course. Contact them direct for further info:http://www.tlslanguageschool.com/

CTLS ( tls language school) do advertise an A1 level test, but I believe that you have to do their English course leading up to the test. I'm not sure about that as we have not had any applicants that have used them. I did contact them to ask for details of costs, etc, but never got a reply on that. If I do hear from them I will post details.