webfact

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where did you get the information about driving a truck through a police line?

in TV News.

5 police injured, 2 seriously

Is it time to call out the Queens Guards units and have them use live fire to conrol these hooligans? Maybe the APCs should be deployed to mow down the people? How about army snipers?

• Like 1

One thing I am certain of today - not to believe any news reports from the Authorities

From the OP - Blocking their way to what ? the protest site ?

Is this what this disgraceful government is going to do, block protesters from reaching the site and inflame the situation, I thought this would have been peaceful today but now I think the tactic is for the police to stir the trouble - coming from Charlerm it sounds about right

It was never in the government plans to let this be peaceful. Can any one ever remember a political protest where the government set up barb wire fences to keep people out. I can remember one where the protestors set them up to hide behind and launch rockets at innocent civilians and keep them from going to work to make an honest baht.

That particular one was condoned by the present government in fact they even let some of the leaders in to there government and protected them from prosecution.

And then rewarded them with a 7.2 million baht payout to the red dead out of the public tax monies.

I've just heard that 120 have been arrested at Makassan bridge?! and the police say some were armed with guns and knives.

I don't know if this has yet been reported here.

So it seems their intentions were to seize the bridge?

Peaceful demonstration I think NOT.

well the police says they were armed....

That does not mean anything....neither that they were armed not that they were not armed.

• Like 1

whistling.gif You know if you have an infected wound covering it up and trying to put creams and lotions on it won't cure the infection.

You've got to open up the infection, clean it out, and clear all the old dead infected matierial out first....before that wound can start to heal.

Since 2010 Thai politics has been just like that infected woumd.

That wound needs to be opened up, and cleaned out of old dead matierial.....because only then can that infected wound begin to heal.

That cleaning out process is otten painful....but it's necessary.

Hopefully, today will start that cleaning process.

But frankly, I doubt that it will.

But Thai politics sure does need that cleaning.

coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Where did you get the information about driving a truck through a police line?

in TV News.

5 police injured, 2 seriously

Is it time to call out the Queens Guards units and have them use live fire to conrol these hooligans? Maybe the APCs should be deployed to mow down the people? How about army snipers?

Don't take Chalerm's ear medication before you post. It warps the mind.

• Like 1

I've just heard that 120 have been arrested at Makassan bridge?! and the police say some were armed with guns and knives.

well the police says they were armed....

That does not mean anything....neither that they were armed not that they were not armed.

Bullets found

post-164581-0-20955100-1353732008_thumb.

As a matter of principle- all things being equal- I would take a corrupt elected government over a junta every time.

So in this case and in your opinion which side of Thai politics is the corrupt government and which is the Junta ?wai.gif

One thing I am certain of today - not to believe any news reports from the Authorities

From the OP - Blocking their way to what ? the protest site ?

Is this what this disgraceful government is going to do, block protesters from reaching the site and inflame the situation, I thought this would have been peaceful today but now I think the tactic is for the police to stir the trouble - coming from Charlerm it sounds about right

It was never in the government plans to let this be peaceful. Can any one ever remember a political protest where the government set up barb wire fences to keep people out. I can remember one where the protestors set them up to hide behind and launch rockets at innocent civilians and keep them from going to work to make an honest baht.

That particular one was condoned by the present government in fact they even let some of the leaders in to there government and protected them from prosecution.

You think it is only one side that has an interest in sparking violence?

Where did you get this info from. Nothing being reported in Thai news. Doesn't mean it isn't true. Just want to tap your source if possible.

Correct - many of the pro PTP bloggers here have selective memory and still think this govt was elected by 'democratic' process. Vote buying, handouts, sale of forward contracts on primary and secondary industry, nepotism in the extreme - but yes, PTP is a democratically elected govt at the hands of an exiled convicted narcissistic dictator who is pissed off the country seized USD1.9BN of 'his questionable' wealth, hell bent on revenge.

'No other political parties engage in vote buying.

The Election Commission yesterday disqualified the Democrats' Samut Prakan MP-elect Soracha Weerachart-wattana for vote-buying.

Pure ignorance or what..i can't figure out...need a rocket scientist's help...

Confrontation at Makkawan Rangsan Bridge continues

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Some 500 protesters still confronted police at the Makkawan Rangsan Bridge at 10:40 am Saturday, trying to break through the police barricades to join the rally at the Royal Plaza.

Police used a sound truck to urge the protesters to make a detour to join the rally site via either the road in front of Benjama Bophit Temple or in front of the First Infantry Division.

Gen Kittisak Ratprasert, a protest leader tried to lead the protesters to the direction of the temple, but some of the demonstrators insisted they would march straight on through the police lines.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-11- 24

Quoting this, because its very relevant. The police aren't preventing them from getting to the protest site, merely blocking one particular route.

Quite clear that there are elements in the crowd determined to cause trouble. Important to understand that not only have they refused the Police request to use the designated entry points, but they have also defied their own "leader", making it clear that they have no interest in actually joining the rally, but merely want a violent punch-up with the Police. Maybe Chalerm knew what he was talking about with the "third hand".

• Like 1

anybody out there u-streaming it from various locations?

the only way to see it through is by transparency. - This is easy to set-up. Samsung gadgets deliver good night shots too.

Otherwise it could turn out very bad and as never seen before.

Where did you get this info from. Nothing being reported in Thai news. Doesn't mean it isn't true. Just want to tap your source if possible.

Thai PBS is reporting on the situation.

.... and here we go.

Yep going to be a long day methinks.

Not a crisis yet. The only way we will ever know that things are turning catastrophic is when TAT issues a statement explaining how events are not expected to impact tourism.

But it won't impact tourism because 99% of potential tourists won't even know there's been a protest. There are minor protests all the world every day. Even after 2010 the tourists keep coming. Even the expats that continually complain are still here. So TAT would be correct if they issued that statement, although I don't see why they'd need to. The government was elected by a very large majority. That's how democracy works. In places like the US a president can get elected when he has less votes than the loser. I'm not a supporter of either side, but if you want democracy, you have to accept what people vote for whether you agree or not.

It seems the police didn't give warning before firing tear gas at the protestors...maybe if warning was given the need to use tear gas could have been avoided?

Untrue, police chief said they were warned over loud speakers for up to 1 hour before they used gas. the gas was used when protesters tried to drive a truck through a police line

Fascism, pure fascism.

When the police disperse protesters it is fascism and when the army disperses the democratically elected government (again) what is that called?

Its called thai politics,

When a fugitive criminal on the run finances protest and political party (vote buying) with the aim to run the country from afar while pillaging the the countrys koffers ...what is that called?

Ok, lets call a spade a spade. They are all as bad as one another, it doesn't matter which side of the political fence they sit on and neither side care who they use to achieve their political objectives. At the present time the supporters of the Democrats are holding demonstrations to try to get back to the feeding trough. If the PTP were on the outer, then they would be the ones holding the demonstrations. Put simply, if you are in power, you are in a position to direct more money into your bank acc. TIT

• Like 1

As a matter of principle- all things being equal- I would take a corrupt elected government over a junta every time.

-----------------------

Really, why?

To make it clear. personally, I don't TRUST any sort of government, democratically elected or not.

But just WHY would you prefer a corrupt elected government over a .... just assuming there could be such a thing .... honest coup government.

Not that I believe such a thing as an honest coup government could truely exist.

But, if such things COULD exist....please explain why a democratically elected government of crooks would be preferable to a non-elected government of honest people?

whistling.gif

Edited by IMA_FARANG

These people have a right to voice their opinions to the rest of Thailand about this debacle of a government they elected to run the country, the sooner they are exposed the better, if the message gets through all I see is this group getting more and more support provided they keep it peaceful and within the law, I don't think Thai people are that stupid to ignore what this governemt is doing, I also think these people realise that waiting for an election will be too late to save Thailand from financial and fiscal ruin - everybody knows what they are doing even though they refuse to be open and transparent, I hope in the end that they are all rounded up - money they have stolen from the thai people is returned and they are all locked away - there are billions of baht going missing ?????

• Like 1