Thai Visa In Bali With Only Bustickets?

I'm wondering if we can get a Thai 60-day tourist visum from the consulate in Bali with only Bustickets.

We're heading to the southern most islands from Malaysia and it would be madness to buy plane tickets from Langkawi or KL to Bangkok to make your way back again to Koh Lipe. We'll be leaving Thailand to Birma. No need for a flight there either...

Hope someone can help!

Would suggest you directly contact consulate (believe he has email listing) as suspect nobody has any experience as few go there and have seldom seen reports of using a bus ticket for proof of onward travel if actually required.

you can always book a cheap flight for the purpose of getting the visa then cancel it and claim a refund or partial refund.

there's some cheap air asia flights from hat yai to KL for 1090 baht in feb - you can claim back the airport tax of 900 baht, there's also a small admin fee and processing fee but if your careful you wont lose too much money.

in bali they take an extra day to process the visa compared to KL or penang etc, i don't know exactly which flights they are after maybe a flight to enter thailand and one to exit ? there's a topic about it on thaivisa .

From my experience, visas are issued based on criteria. It is up to you to conform, not up to them to adjust. Part of the tightening of visa process is to weed out visa runners which it sounds as you are one of. My answer is no on bus tickets - and good luck buying a Malaysian bus ticket esp that will neet cons scrutiny weeks or months in advance.

Buy two tickets as cheap as possible in and out of Thailand. Dates should correspond with duration of visa. Having a ticket out of the region is advisable.

If you have only a few (!!) visas in your pp you may try Penang without tickets and a ticket back to your home country and bank printout.

Bali seems to only issue singles fyi.

If you are a bonafide tourist and your pp indicates as such, thete may be leeway. If you are visa dodger youre gonna have a time of it.

I dont know your plan but from bali, seems to me flying to kul or bkk a wash considering your situation. Bkk a bit longer but actually logistically easier perhaps. Then there is also Phuket but that tends to be exxy this time of year. Having said that, ticket not in the bin so might be more advantageous.

Edited by bangkokburning

From my experience, visas are issued based on criteria. It is up to you to conform, not up to them to adjust. Part of the tightening of visa process is to weed out visa runners which it sounds as you are one of. My answer is no on bus tickets - and good luck buying a Malaysian bus ticket esp that will neet cons scrutiny weeks or months in advance.

I don't know about Bali but in Finland bus and traintickets has been accepted for proof of leaving Thailand. That is one required document to get TR from Helsinki Embassy.

Why need luck to get busticket to Malaysia?

http://www.busonlineticket.com/

Trainticket

https://intranet.ktm...astBooking.aspx

Using free software downloaded from the internet ('Wondershare') you can convert an old flight itinery (for example from air asia) which they email you in ''pdf'' format and convert it to ''word'' format. Then when its in Microsoft word you are able to change the dates / times. Therefore you can print it out and give it to the consulate when applying for your visa. They never check it...

I don't know about Bali but in Finland bus and traintickets has been accepted for proof of leaving Thailand. That is one required document to get TR from Helsinki Embassy. Why need luck to get busticket to Malaysia? http://www.busonlineticket.com/ Trainticket https://intranet.ktm...astBooking.aspx

From my understanding then, Finland would be first to allow ground transport. Many times app criteria actually state flights. Im sure there is some flexibility given when applying from ones home country. From my own experience, the woman who calls andhassles me every year from DC would never accept a bus ticket. Further, most online bookings in Thailand are in Thai. I think trying this stunt from the region with a pp full of TRs...well, good luck with that!

Im pretty careful how i use my cards as well.

To your next point, this is Malay site. The Thai counterpart is up and down, a bit dodgy as well. No one rides the blasted train in Malaysia.

Finally, the link you site for multiple appears to be for multiple non o based on marriage.

Strike three.

Edited by bangkokburning

rolleyes.gif Do a Yahoo or Google search on Koh Lipe and you will find this information:

From Langkawi Island

From November until May there are several ferries a day from Langkawi to Koh Lipe. The boat ride to Koh Lipe takes around 1 hour. When you arrive on Koh Lipe you will have to go trough immigration first. The people from the ferry will show you where and how. From May to November there are no ferries between Langkawi and Koh Lipe: You can take a ferry from Langkawi to Satun, where you clear immigration and can take a minibus to Pak Barra.

From May to November there are no ferries between Langkawi and Koh Lipe: You can take a ferry from Langkawi to Satun, where you clear immigration and can take a minibus to Pak Barra.

From Kuala Lumpur

From November until May you can fly from Kuala Lumpur to Langkawi and travel by boat to Koh Lipe from there.

From May to November you can fly to Hat Yai and travel onwards to Pak Barra and Koh Lipe.

It is also possible to take a train or bus from Kuala Lumpur to Hat Yai.

If your nationality is correct you can get a 15 day only visum on arrival in Koh Lipe if you arrive by that ferry from Langkawi because it is considered a land border crossing. This would apply to most all European nationalities, Canadians, and U.S. passports.

I would assume that you could also fly from Bali to Kuala Lumpur Malaysia and try getting a 60 day tourist visa from the Thai consulate there, as I would guess KL would have dealt with tourists going from Langkawi to Koh Lipe before. Probably the Thai consulate in Bali hasn't encountered that situation before.

But since you're in Bali anyway try to explain what you want to do at the Thai consulate there. They may be willing to waiver the airline ticket requirement if you can show ferry tickets from Lankawi (it won't hurt to try anyhow).

biggrin.png

rolleyes.gif Do a Yahoo or Google search on Koh Lipe and you will find this information: From Langkawi Island From November until May there are several ferries a day from Langkawi to Koh Lipe. The boat ride to Koh Lipe takes around 1 hour. When you arrive on Koh Lipe you will have to go trough immigration first. The people from the ferry will show you where and how. From May to November there are no ferries between Langkawi and Koh Lipe: You can take a ferry from Langkawi to Satun, where you clear immigration and can take a minibus to Pak Barra. From May to November there are no ferries between Langkawi and Koh Lipe: You can take a ferry from Langkawi to Satun, where you clear immigration and can take a minibus to Pak Barra. From Kuala Lumpur From November until May you can fly from Kuala Lumpur to Langkawi and travel by boat to Koh Lipe from there. From May to November you can fly to Hat Yai and travel onwards to Pak Barra and Koh Lipe. It is also possible to take a train or bus from Kuala Lumpur to Hat Yai. If your nationality is correct you can get a 15 day only visum on arrival in Koh Lipe if you arrive by that ferry from Langkawi because it is considered a land border crossing. This would apply to most all European nationalities, Canadians, and U.S. passports. I would assume that you could also fly from Bali to Kuala Lumpur Malaysia and try getting a 60 day tourist visa from the Thai consulate there, as I would guess KL would have dealt with tourists going from Langkawi to Koh Lipe before. Probably the Thai consulate in Bali hasn't encountered that situation before. But since you're in Bali anyway try to explain what you want to do at the Thai consulate there. They may be willing to waiver the airline ticket requirement if you can show ferry tickets from Lankawi (it won't hurt to try anyhow). biggrin.png

This is hardly the simplest / cheapest method to get Lipe. This requires plane to KUL and another to Langkawi, back to Satun and out to Lipe. I wouldnot be suprised if this took four days transit from DPS.

Finally, the link you site for multiple appears to be for multiple non o based on marriage.

Strike three.

Tourist visa are never issued as multiple entry. Only by number of entries. Read the topic again and you will see that it mentions 3 entry tourist visas.

DPS-BKK, night bus to HY and mv to PB

DPS-KUL, bus to PEN, mv to HY and mv to PB

SUB-PEN, bus to city, ferry to Bworth and any transport possible up to Satun. You may need to X at Sadao, in tbis case you will go thru HY and thus not saving any time that had been hoped for so Id try to book to the village on the Malay/Thai border IF possible.

Finally, the link you site for multiple appears to be for multiple non o based on marriage. Strike three.
Tourist visa are never issued as multiple entry. Only by number of entries. Read the topic again and you will see that it mentions 3 entry tourist visas.

Good luck with that triple in SEA then thumbsup.gif

Finally, the link you site for multiple appears to be for multiple non o based on marriage. Strike three.

Good luck with that triple in SEA then thumbsup.gif

I guess you do not believe what is written in the topic by a member who is the from the consulate.

I don't want a tourist visa. Just posting info for those that do.

No, I do not believe anyone will be sucessful obtaining a triple anywhere in South East Asia.

Yeah, I see Maestros OP and what appears to be a followup by someone possibly an insider vongbali.

Im just totally doubting that Joe Pattaya is going to be squeezing a triple out of this place.

Edited by bangkokburning

• 3 weeks later...

I havent read the thread completely but I picked up a tourist Visa in Denpasar earlier this year. They are pretty strict, you need inwards and outwards flights, and you definately need flights not bus tickets. They def gave out double entries but I didnt ask about a triple.

Edited by mjwhit

I havent read the thread completely but I picked up a tourist Visa in Denpasar earlier this year. They are pretty strict, you need inwards and outwards flights, and you definately need flights not bus tickets. They def gave out double entries but I didnt ask about a triple.

We never ask for the inward flight as if you mean by the flight to Thailand.

But we do very strict on the outward flight from Thailand.

Your wrong information can get people misunderstand.

Thank you,

We never ask for the inward flight as if you mean by the flight to Thailand.

But we do very strict on the outward flight from Thailand.

Your wrong information can get people misunderstand.

Thank you,

I find it Interesting that you say that. When I was there I defiantly got the impression I needed proof of both tickets booked. Maybe something was lost in communication. But its not too much of an issue I guess as the inwards flight are needed anyway and are usually booked by the stage I apply for a visa, it is the outgoing flight is the one that is always annoying to book so far in advance.

Edited by mjwhit