Bets Place For A Mexican Meal For My Birthday?

phuturatica

Do we get a clue phuturatica?

tongue.png

See PM. smile.png

You realise if you invite transam you'll have to have a Happy Meal party? biggrin.png

Uh, no I didn't realise... Why will I have to have a Happy Meal party?! I don't geddit?!

He's addicted to Big Macs.

Actually that's not true.....he dreams about eating them 24/7 out in his village. :D

Coyotes on Sukhumvit soi 33- food is ok, ambiance and room is great, perfect for a party. La Monita's and Sunrise -there locations are not suitable for a party- small and Monita's especially seems to be striving for a cheap back street cafe in Stockport look.

Coyotes on Sukhumvit soi 33- food is ok, ambiance and room is great, perfect for a party. La Monita's and Sunrise -there locations are not suitable for a party- small and Monita's especially seems to be striving for a cheap back street cafe in Stockport look.

Agreed. La Monita is all about the excellent food.

• Like 2

I'm really struggling to imagine how a Mexican restaurant in Patpong could in a million years be reminiscent of Stockport,Manchester's back streets!

Please explain how you came to this bizarre conclusion?

I'm really struggling to imagine how a Mexican restaurant in Patpong could in a million years be reminiscent of Stockport,Manchester's back streets!

Please explain how you came to this bizarre conclusion?

You have lost me completely with this post I'm afraid.

La Monita is nowhere near Patpong.

La Monita has the best food but it doesn't have a great ambiance for a birthday dinner, and the acoustics are terrible so the place can get extremely loud. I think Coyote would be more fun for a party but the food will be better at La Monita.

Maybe have dinner at La Monita then walk around the corner to Hyde & Seek for a birthday drink.

Agreed. La Monita is the best I have ever had, and that includes Mexican restaurants I like in California. West coast Americans know good Mexican food. La Monita could use some acousitic ceiling tiles to absorb the noise, but other than that they are the best around. I would avoid Sunrise Taco's at all cost. Chips taste like cardboard, etc. Coyote is nice but only average; however it has a nice party atmosphere. You have my recommendation.

I will honestly try La Monita out, thanks to all for that.

I have extremely particular taste buds when it comes to Mexican, nothing like the real thing of course. It is akin to pesto in Italy and pesto at Olive Garden. Anyway, I would cook it up myself. Mexican is actually really amazing in that if you buy the right ingredients, it is hard to go wrong in the amounts. Good tomatoes, try to find some good avocados, a heap of good cilantro, onion, chili, some lettuce, garlic, canned refried beans, cheese, salt, a ton of limones, some fish or beef on a barbi, and a recipe for tortillas. And some good beer and cheap tequila. It sounds bad but you can't go wrong no matter what you do with those ingredients.

Edited by isawasnake

But I've already made the facebook event now and everything... sad.png Also I'm going to an event afterwards in Silom so Coyotes on Convent is convenient!

I'll do Coyotes for my birthday and then check out La Monitas another time!

I think you made the right choice for a birthday party. Coyote has the party atmosphere and the food is good enough. La Monita is still my favorite for the food, but for a party, you did the right thing. Have fun and Happy Birthday.

• Like 2

phuturatica ... on a different note ... how is the ole eye after the motorbike incident?

My eye is fine... I'm fully recovered from the whole ordeal. To be honest it was more the shock than anything. My eye just watered a lot afterwards!

phuturatica ... on a different note ... how is the ole eye after the motorbike incident?

You can always join the Bedlam Pirates Club phuturatica! biggrin.png

Edit: Arrrrrrrrrr!

YEAH! Where do I join? ;) I'd make an ace lady pirate!

I'll PM you. :P

Edit: I'm shiverin' me timbers right now! Roll on Sunday. :D

Edited by smokie36