Bets Place For A Mexican Meal For My Birthday?

phuturatica

I've taken a liking to Mexican food so I'm thinking of going for a Mexican meal for my birthday. It won't be a huge gathering, but where is the best place in Bangkok for Mexican for a large group? I want a nice variety of Mexican food available and I want a nice setting suitable for a birthday.

Any suggestions?! smile.png

I already searched for this but it seems outdated.

Mexico

Sorry

Try coyote or there is a great place on suk 12 or 14 but the name escapes me sorry, just a little down the soi on the left hand side

You are talking about Los Cabos that used to be on Suk soi 14, long since gone.

Tacos & Salsa bottom of Suk soi 18, Jorges new place.

Mexico

Sorry

Try coyote or there is a great place on suk 12 or 14 but the name escapes me sorry, just a little down the soi on the left hand side

i thought that place had closed! I would go for La Monita nr Ploenchit BTS easily the best Mexican in BKK (and i think i have been to most of them) . Tacos and Salsa on soi 18 also worth a go but a bit inconsistant (IMHO). Not much else worth bothering about sadly. Sunrise is possibly the worst of the lot only for the truly desperate or the odd lost tourist! Edited by wordchild

I really enjoyed the place near Patpong, down from Sala Daeng BTS on the right hand side going down the road with your back to lumpini, great food and the service was great, okay ladyboys, but they danced and were singing and made the atmosphere great.

I really enjoyed the place near Patpong, down from Sala Daeng BTS on the right hand side going down the road with your back to lumpini, great food and the service was great, okay ladyboys, but they danced and were singing and made the atmosphere great.

Directly at the corner of Patpong 1!

Food is very good and the atmosphere is very "happy"!

21st celebration?

That's my bet

(wouldn't you love to be able to change the title ... tongue.png )

It's my 25th actually. ;)

I think I'd prefer not to be close to Patpong, not really my scene.

I've heard nothing but good things about La Monita... Maybe I'll call them and see how big I can book a table for.

Coyotes is another option.

Sunrise tacos is ok but not amazing in my opinion and not really the nice setting for a birthday party.

• Like 1

La Monita has the best food but it doesn't have a great ambiance for a birthday dinner, and the acoustics are terrible so the place can get extremely loud. I think Coyote would be more fun for a party but the food will be better at La Monita.

Maybe have dinner at La Monita then walk around the corner to Hyde & Seek for a birthday drink.

21st celebration?

That's my bet

(wouldn't you love to be able to change the title ... tongue.png )

It's my 25th actually. wink.png

I think I'd prefer not to be close to Patpong, not really my scene.

I've heard nothing but good things about La Monita... Maybe I'll call them and see how big I can book a table for.

Coyotes is another option.

Sunrise tacos is ok but not amazing in my opinion and not really the nice setting for a birthday party.

I am still thinking about your red hair. Oooooooooooooops, sorry, offtopic.gif but l am an old romantic.... . smile.png

Charley Browns in Suk Soi 11 (around behind Cheap Charlies) is good.

CB's is like a UK style Mexican. Nothing wrong in that but once you have tried La Monita it will always be a poor relation.

its a shame about Charley Browns because the location is great (handy for Bed Supper or Q Bar if thats your thing) and the restaurant lay-out is better than La Monita for a group. The food, though, is just not up to it, a better option than Sunrise but only just! Edited by wordchild
  • Like 1

It's been a few years at least but, is the Mexican at the Rebrandt still in operation and if so, is still good or not?

The location is slightly different but still going strong. Can't tear myself away from the Indian upstairs long enough to try the food there though!

It's been a few years at least but, is the Mexican at the Rebrandt still in operation and if so, is still good or not?

The location is slightly different but still going strong. Can't tear myself away from the Indian upstairs long enough to try the food there though!

Did I mean Soi 24? Rakesh used to be the manager of the Rembrandt apartments and I remember when the Mexican first opened, it was very good at the time and no doubt Rakesh's influence worked wonders on the Indian restaurant also.

Did I mean Soi 24? Rakesh used to be the manager of the Rembrandt apartments and I remember when the Mexican first opened, it was very good at the time and no doubt Rakesh's influence worked wonders on the Indian restaurant also.

I think it's still there.

http://www.rembrandtbkk.com/images/M_images/dining/senorpico.pdf

Senor Pico is still at Rembrandt. They closed the old location in hotel bldg for renovation and moved temporarily to the apartment bldg at the back for a while

But renovation now completed and back in original spot. Haven't what change they have made though

Ohhh another vote for la monita food. Tables are small. Seats about four to six.

Next door they have just opened a Spanish place. Bigger. But no idea if food is any good. I think it's same owner so perhaps you can order from la monita menu at the Spanish place?

Give them a call at la monita and ask. Can't remember what the Spanish is called

I have seen larger parties in La Monita but as mentioned already it can be noisy.

No problem for a group of raucous twentysomethings! tongue.png

Hang on though....maybe that's why I wasn't invited....sad.png

Me tooooo, hmmmmmmm, double drat, sad.png

You're both more than welcome if you're about! :)

I think... After doing some research I think Coyotes is going to be better for a party setting. Even though people have recommended La Monita, it looks quite intimate in there and not big enough for my party table.

Cheers guys, I will definitely check out the other restaurants too! I work right near Ari BTS and I've been going to that little place El Sabroso for lunch which is inside Villa market and I've become obsessed with the BBQ chicken burritos! They're only 75 baht and taste amazing! It's only a small little food bar though and isn't a restaurant.