Demonstrators Told To Confront Police

Lite Beer

. . . or one could say, that relasing them without fformal charges was a good faith gesture on the part of Yingluck to circumvent further devisiveness. No need to create more martyr-like issues resulting from prosecution of these guys. The fact that all were let go supports the intuitive forward thinking explanation. Otherwise, they could charge some or all of the protesters regardless of their actions in an effort to save face. A small group of you guys are going to complain, criticize or condemn whether they were charged or let go irregardless of the circumstances.

Are you suggesting that politicians have influence over judicial proceedings here?

He doesn't care. He only wants to mention his job and bird at every turn by the looks of it...

We'll have his full CV soon....

• Like 2

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Protester says to Policemen "You are unjustly enforcing the law," This says it all! cheesy.gif

It can be very frustrating when"don't you know who i am?", doesn't get a positive response.

That question should lead to immediate transport to a hospital for amnesia tests.

Quite amazing the lengths you have just gone to in sourcing three old snippets of posts, all taken out of context, while seemingly completely unable to post a single source substantiating what you have written on this very thread...

Surely it would have taken much less effort to simply provide a link to a news article that actually supported what you have written? It certainly would have left you with a little more credibility...

No great lengths extended at all. It's very easy to search for a catch phrase that someone has become to be known for as in this case. Accomplished in seconds.

http://www.thaivisa....ch&fromsearch=1

It was intended as a reminder that someone who obfuscates in their own replies for requests for information can reasonably expect to receive the same.

It's become part and parcel on the forum of late to similarly dance around requests and formerly expected protocols have fallen by the wayside in favor of replies similar to such as those quoted.

Funny that you wish to try and focus the credibility issue on me when I've posted more links and more information than the vast majority of posters and don't ever recall you confronting any other poster who resisted to provide links.

It's difficult not to follow the trend and join in with what has become the forum's norm.

Rather than continue to buck the trend and continually supply links, I'll just go along with the crowd for now. Perhaps when I see more challenges to other posters like your post here, then things might change.

In the meantime, I'll continue to provide links, happily, to those that don't obfuscate tremendously themselves, as I always have.

eg.

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__5873338

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__5865127

Have a nice day.

smile.png

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1

Quite amazing the lengths you have just gone to in sourcing three old snippets of posts, all taken out of context, while seemingly completely unable to post a single source substantiating what you have written on this very thread...

Surely it would have taken much less effort to simply provide a link to a news article that actually supported what you have written? It certainly would have left you with a little more credibility...

No great lengths extended at all. It's very easy to search for a catch phrase that someone has become to be known for as in this case. Accomplished in seconds.

It was intended as a reminder that someone who obfuscates in their own replies for requests for information can reasonably expect to receive the same.

It's become part and parcel on the forum of late to similarly dance around requests and formerly expected protocols have fallen by the wayside in favor of replies similar to such as those quoted.

Odd that you wish to try and focus the credibility issue on me when I've posted more links and more information than the vast majority of posters.

It's difficult not to follow the trend and join in with what has become the forum's norm.

Rather than continue to buck the trend and continually supply links, I'll just go along with the crowd for now. Perhaps when I see more challenges to other posters like your post here, then things might change.

In the meantime, I'll continue to provide links, happily, to those that don't obfuscate tremendously themselves, as I always have.

eg.

Have a nice day.

smile.png

So you've supplied two links that lead to the following old threads on Thai Visa... "National parks reveal earnings on daily basis" and "Police Check Trucks, Vans Heading Into Bangkok", neither of which are in any way relevant to what you have said on this thread or do anything to substantiate the wild claims you made earlier in this thread!

You really are going to great lengths to not substantiate your statements, surely it would be easier to just provide a source and backup your statement? As you have pointed out, you are a prolific link provider on this forum, so why the difficulty now?

If you can't supply a single source, even a tenuous link to an impartial jaundiced article alluding to what you have maintained on this thread as a fact, I am afraid I can only assume you are talking from your posterior once again... I would also like to point out to you that credibility is not automatically granted to those that post the most links on an internet forum... indeed I recall a saying my late Grandmother was fond of: "The emptiest vessels make the most noise."

Blaming "The Forum" is a bit of a lame approach to try and oppose opinion or to enforce a point.

• Like 1

A total of 117 protesters - 94 men and 23 women - were being detained at the Border Patrol Police Region 1 headquarters in Pathum Thani yesterday, according to Pol Lt-General Nares Nanthachot, commander of Police Region 1.

Will the government provide bail for these obviously political prisoners, or just let them go to save money and show some real reconciliation spirit ?

This post was made prior to the release of those arrested during the confrontation with the police, prior to Buchholz providing us the update that they have indeed been released on this thread...

Buchholz, you liked this comment and as one so quick to allude to double standards in others I'm guessing you are about to post a congratulatory message to the current Government and the police, for putting reconciliation first rather than dragging them through the court system and furthering the divide?

A total of 117 protesters - 94 men and 23 women - were being detained at the Border Patrol Police Region 1 headquarters in Pathum Thani yesterday, according to Pol Lt-General Nares Nanthachot, commander of Police Region 1.

Will the government provide bail for these obviously political prisoners, or just let them go to save money and show some real reconciliation spirit ?

This post was made prior to the release of those arrested during the confrontation with the police, prior to Buchholz providing us the update that they have indeed been released on this thread...

Buchholz, you liked this comment and as one so quick to allude to double standards in others I'm guessing you are about to post a congratulatory message to the current Government and the police, for putting reconciliation first rather than dragging them through the court system and furthering the divide?

"a congratulatory message to the current Government and the police, for putting reconciliation first"

Or maybe there wasn't enough evidence to prosecute the individuals that were arrested.

• Like 1

"a congratulatory message to the current Government and the police, for putting reconciliation first"

Or maybe there wasn't enough evidence to prosecute the individuals that were arrested.

Indeed, thank you for making my point...

That is exactly how it is being spun by certain people after the event and is the exact opposite to how it was being spun before... I wonder why? I guess you're damned if you do and damned if you don't!

Spin on...

Especially when you consider that they were arrested within 2 hours from the start of the rally.

A show of force to intimidate other protestors…

Yeeah let's congratulate the Thai police for selective law enforcement. Give me a break!

To be fair while a rant it is, it is a rant that bears some truth when reading behind the lines and understanding the stances certain members take and the reaction to certain events. Personally I liked his post because of this comment:

"There should be a coup against uneducated, blind, bitter, brainwashed farangs who polute this forum and with the few left we could maybe debate on how much better it would be if reconciliation was the focus of everyone"

It would be refreshing to have the petty biases left to one side and simply move forward with constructive discussion rather than childish name calling.

I'm not sure what you have objected to personally in what Gerry wrote or why you feel he is "stuck on himself" but calling him "Jesus" has really improved your credibility in my eyes, as has your comment Nicky "Lost your medication... perhaps? And now back to the Isan lady!"

I edited out the "just joking" bit, because clearly you aren't - jokes are meant to be humorous and personally I don't find continual infantile comments and rehashing of stereo types in anyway amusing.

"could maybe debate on how much better it would be if reconciliation was the focus of everyone"

It would be good if reconciliation was the focus of anyone. The thought that government supporters on here can say the "whitewash Thaksin" bill has anything to do with reconciliation makes me laugh.

To be fair while a rant it is, it is a rant that bears some truth when reading behind the lines and understanding the stances certain members take and the reaction to certain events. Personally I liked his post because of this comment:

"There should be a coup against uneducated, blind, bitter, brainwashed farangs who polute this forum and with the few left we could maybe debate on how much better it would be if reconciliation was the focus of everyone"

It would be refreshing to have the petty biases left to one side and simply move forward with constructive discussion rather than childish name calling.

I'm not sure what you have objected to personally in what Gerry wrote or why you feel he is "stuck on himself" but calling him "Jesus" has really improved your credibility in my eyes, as has your comment Nicky "Lost your medication... perhaps? And now back to the Isan lady!"

I edited out the "just joking" bit, because clearly you aren't - jokes are meant to be humorous and personally I don't find continual infantile comments and rehashing of stereo types in anyway amusing.

"could maybe debate on how much better it would be if reconciliation was the focus of everyone"

It would be good if reconciliation was the focus of anyone. The thought that government supporters on here can say the "whitewash Thaksin" bill has anything to do with reconciliation makes me laugh.

It's all so black and white in the eyes of some isn't it? Please be so good as to point out these "government supporters" on here...

Stay on target, sorry, topic, stay on topic!!!

Write a post to the current government with a congratulatory message and I'll like it if it's as timely and poignant as rubl's.

I'm not the one with double-standard issues, but I can spoonfeed you examples of those that do.

Please do Buchholz...

Incidentally how do you think those arrested should have been treated?

My, my I am really pleased my credibility has improved in your eyes. That was one of my goals today my friend. If you can't see what in his post caused me to respond with "stuck on himself" and the Jesus comment then your credibility has just improved in my eyes. But nevermind so be it. If everyone thought exactly the same we would all want your gf or wife. Now that would really be an issue.

My post was a tad sarcastic...

No, I can't see what caused you to call him Jesus or stuck on himself, please explain. I assumed it was you just being infantile, ignoring the actual content of his post and calling him names...

Well if I must.

"There should be a coup against uneducated, blind, bitter, brainwashed farangs who polute this forum.

And with the few left we could maybe debate on how better it would be if reconciliation was the focus of everyone..."

Every couple of weeks or so there appears out of the mystic blue a poster who doesn't agree with other posters here on TVF. Instead of engaging in an intelligent discussion and or debate on the issues they proceed to inform us that we are old, old and uneducated, stupid, bitter, fat, pot bellied, full of tattos, rednecks, lost in the last century...............you get my drift. These are the people that fall into the slot of self centered and think they are God's gift to mandkind so to speak. Thus the "struck on yourself" and Jesus comment. No offence intended just pointing out that most of us here on TVF believe in the freedom to express our opinions on various subjects without the need to be berated by some johnny come lately know it all that claims to be tolerant but is only tolerant with other people who happen to agree with him/her. Hopes this helps my friend.

Especially when you consider that they were arrested within 2 hours from the start of the rally.

Yeeah let's congratulate the Thai police for selective law enforcement. Give me a break!

Of course cutting through barbed wire barriers and attacking the police had nothing to do with it. Better to have waited a few days, let it get really violent and then bring in the snipers in the army?

• Like 1

so, it took one whole day for this peaceful rally to turn violent.

Violence was perpetrated by the Red Shirts taking over Bangkok for 2 months + so obviously a non starter in comparison. And in this case the 137 arrested for trivial offences,were set free Uncharged!

no need to shout, i have good vision and can read.

i guess you're missing the point of my comment, what i meant is, it took longer than a day for the red protests to turn violent.

well that depends on your start date. Some might sat that they were violent before they started.

Of course cutting through barbed wire barriers and attacking the police had nothing to do with it. Better to have waited a few days, let it get really violent and then bring in the snipers in the army?

A few days? A few weeks (months) you mean. Because the police was basically none-existing in 2010, the army had to be brought in to end the out-of-control mess. Interesting. I agree.

So to simplify the whole thing, would the police have been as active in 2010 as they were 2 days ago, all the terror, death and destruction would have been MUCH less.

I think the last week has taught us a lot about what happened in 2010.

Edited by Nickymaster

. . . or one could say, that relasing them without fformal charges was a good faith gesture on the part of Yingluck to circumvent further devisiveness. No need to create more martyr-like issues resulting from prosecution of these guys. The fact that all were let go supports the intuitive forward thinking explanation. Otherwise, they could charge some or all of the protesters regardless of their actions in an effort to save face. A small group of you guys are going to complain, criticize or condemn whether they were charged or let go irregardless of the circumstances.

Are you suggesting that politicians have influence over judicial proceedings here?

And your suggesting they don't. Shall I provide examples.

The point of the quoted text was to demonstrate other posibilities in response to Manic. The reality is that we are all speculating as to why they were released. Those such as Bucholz, Baerbox and yourself are apparently only able to acknowledge or believe a version that provides you with another reason to complain or criticize.

Edited by ttelise

Released without bail, yes, but 'dragging through court system' seems just what the governement and/or the police will do.

"A lawyer of the People's Alliance for Democracy said most people who were detained were charged with entering off-limit zones and carrying arms in public places. They were released temporarily without bail.

Only a person charged with carrying a communication device without permission and another who drove a truck and rammed it into a police barrier needed to post bail pleas for release."

http://www.thaivisa....2/#entry5878618

Released without bail, yes, but 'dragging through court system' seems just what the governement and/or the police will do.

"A lawyer of the People's Alliance for Democracy said most people who were detained were charged with entering off-limit zones and carrying arms in public places. They were released temporarily without bail.

Only a person charged with carrying a communication device without permission and another who drove a truck and rammed it into a police barrier needed to post bail pleas for release."

http://www.thaivisa....2/#entry5878618

same link:

"one was charged with insulting state officials"

:blink:

Odd that you wish to try and focus the credibility issue on me when I've posted more links and more information than the vast majority of posters.

eg.

Have a nice day.

smile.png

So you've supplied two links that lead to the following old threads on Thai Visa... "National parks reveal earnings on daily basis" and "Police Check Trucks, Vans Heading Into Bangkok", neither of which are in any way relevant to what you have said on this thread or do anything to substantiate the wild claims you made earlier in this thread!

You really are going to great lengths to not substantiate your statements, surely it would be easier to just provide a source and backup your statement? As you have pointed out, you are a prolific link provider on this forum, so why the difficulty now?

If you can't supply a single source, even a tenuous link to an impartial jaundiced article alluding to what you have maintained on this thread as a fact, I am afraid I can only assume you are talking from your posterior once again... I would also like to point out to you that credibility is not automatically granted to those that post the most links on an internet forum... indeed I recall a saying my late Grandmother was fond of: "The emptiest vessels make the most noise."

haha, apparently i have a famous catchphrase now....

he's just wrong.

anyway here's a link that backs up what i said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6911060.stm

My post was fully backed up by multiple links now removed, but in deference to the moderation and no need to rehash for the night crew, I'll withhold re-posting them.

PM them to me then.

you could have just posted them there now and that would be the end of it if as you say, it was fully backed up.

my link seems to fully back up what i said.

Edited by nurofiend

A few days? A few weeks (months) you mean. Because the police was basically none-existing in 2010, the army had to be brought in to end the out-of-control mess. Interesting. I agree.

So to simplify the whole thing, would the police have been as active in 2010 as they were 2 days ago, all the terror, death and destruction would have been MUCH less.

I think the last week has taught us a lot about what happened in 2010.

I'm not sure what exactly we have learned about 2010 from this. I guess we could take from it that the authorities did a much better job of containing this protest than they did in 2010. That would be a pretty simplistic view given the completely different scale, intent and motivation of the two protests; one was calling for elections, the other a coup... it's pretty disingenuous to compare the two really. One had considerable public (national and international) sympathy with their cause, the other not...

Thankfully no one died during this protest and given the emotionally charged backdrop I think that's a resounding success for both the police and the current administration. They seem to have been much better prepared and actually had an action plan in place and enforced it. I agree, we saw the complete opposite in 2010 and many people lost their lives as a result.

So on balance looking at the way the respective Governments handled these situations, which was an unmitigated disaster and which a resounding success?