Why Wait 3 Up To 4 Month Ordering A New Car In Thailand?

Sandman77

Will be interesting to see what happens when people collect their nice tax rebate, blow that money, then find they can't make payments on their car which they must hold onto for 5 years. It would make more sense to just pay back the take proportionally for the length of the loan. If they car needs to be sold, they they cannot claim the rest of the money.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be interesting to see what happens when people collect their nice tax rebate, blow that money, then find they can't make payments on their car which they must hold onto for 5 years. It would make more sense to just pay back the take proportionally for the length of the loan. If they car needs to be sold, they they cannot claim the rest of the money.

Are you under the impression they get it all at one time? Perhaps you should look into when the rebate is given.smile.png

Are you under the impression they get it all at one time? Perhaps you should look into when the rebate is given.smile.png

My understanding is that it was paid in one lump sum one year after the purchase.

My understanding is that it was paid in one lump sum one year after the purchase.

That was my understanding as well.

Because there are too many people buying new cars because they want to get the 100,000฿ rebate before the government offer expires.

If you ask the salesmen there might be cars available with no wait, where someone paid the ordering fee (10k or so) and ordered but then changed their mind. You don't get to choose the customizations, but you also don't have to wait. This is what we did, as 3-4 months was too long to wait

Exactly how I ended up getting a new car, not really the color I wanted but new car in 5 days.

What do all these off topic posts do with the problem at hand? Do you know how to order a car quicker or not?biggrin.png

That is what the OP wants to know, not the intricacies of the Thai economy.

From the OP:

My girlfriend told me,the waiting time in Thailand is 3 up to 4 month!

Also in Bangkok!

Can someone explain why?

Seems like he's asking why.

why ,?

because second hand car prices , are not that much lower than new car prices.

cash in hand,

you can have second hand car today.

Edited by elliss

That was my understanding as well.

When you find someone who has gotten a check for the whole amount in 12 months on a financed auto you let me know.

He could be under that impression, because it is given one year after purchase in the form of a one of cheque.

He could be under that impression, because it is given one year after purchase in the form of a one of cheque.

What doe that mean? in the form of a one of cheque?

Means that after one year a cheque is handed out for the full rebate amount.

Means that after one year a cheque is handed out for the full rebate amount.

Do you personally know anyone who has received a cheque that has financed an auto and if so for how much?

Do you personally know anyone who has received a cheque that has financed an auto and if so for how much?

Do you personally know anybody who was supposed to get a cheque for the rebate for the full amount, but in stead only received 20%?

Do you personally know anybody who was supposed to get a cheque for the rebate for the full amount, but in stead only received 20%?

Answer a question with a question? No, no no. I asked you first because I think you have no direct knowledge of what you are talking about.

Answer a question with a question? No, no no. I asked you first because I think you have no direct knowledge of what you are talking about.

Yes, of course answering a question with a question. I am simply stating the rules for the payment, you are doubting those rules, even though there are many threads ponting to those rules here, exactly as indicated by me and others.

You're the one who is claiming that information is not correct, so either substantiate those claims or shut up.

The guarantee that the car will not be resold is simple... At the moment of changing the ownership, there will be a mention of the rebate at the DLT. Hence, selling the car prior to 5 years, will trigger the obligation to reimburse the rebate to the excise department. Instead, I believe there could be a spectacular drop in the second hand market resale value within four years from now, at least for small ecocars and pickups, due to the glut of owners trying to renew their cars or selling off their cars to try and get some badly needed cash.

Yes, of course answering a question with a question. I am simply stating the rules for the payment, you are doubting those rules, even though there are many threads ponting to those rules here, exactly as indicated by me and others.

You're the one who is claiming that information is not correct, so either substantiate those claims or shut up.

You missed it. Not once on any thread on Thai Visa is there a mention of a person actually receiving a rebate. I would imagine you are not not a native English speaker but it is not considered polite to answer a question with a question. Nor is it polite to tell another to shut up. If you would like to continue a polite discourse simply back up your contention with facts or confirm my hypothesis that you are merely repeating things you have read on Thai Visa.

You missed it. Not once on any thread on Thai Visa is there a mention of a person actually receiving a rebate. I would imagine you are not not a native English speaker but it is not considered polite to answer a question with a question. Nor is it polite to tell another to shut up. If you would like to continue a polite discourse simply back up your contention with facts or confirm my hypothesis that you are merely repeating things you have read on Thai Visa.

Yes, there are, just check the threads, I recall reading about somebody receiving the rebate. But there has been nobody who has been able to substantiate any claim that the rebate is paid out in 5 parts.

My wife applied for the rebate, so I know the rules quite well, thank you. And since you are not able to substantiate your claims that it is not paid out in 1 lump sum, there is only conclusion: you really don't know the exact contents of the rebate rules.

I don't care too much whether or not it is polite to answer a question with another question, that is simply what happens when you pose a question that clearly shows you have some idea about the subject at hand but don't really know what you're talking about.

If the motor is owned by the finance company for perhaps 5/7 years, they have the blue book, why would government give say 100k after one year to the ''driver'' if it belongs to a finance company till it is paid for. Also if the ''driver'' has to sell it off before the 5 year ''must keep'' period cos he can't afford the payments, what happens ? Just a thought.

If the motor is owned by the finance company for perhaps 5/7 years, they have the blue book, why would government give say 100k after one year to the ''driver'' if it belongs to a finance company till it is paid for. Also if the ''driver'' has to sell it off before the 5 year ''must keep'' period cos he can't afford the payments, what happens ? Just a thought.

Yes, and those are valid thoughts, but the rules of the scheme are very clear: these are things not thought about when the scheme was conceived, and now the rules are as they are: after one year the rebate will be paid in full. If the owner has to sell, with the clause in the blue book that the car can not be sold, the owner has just one option: sell and repay the rebate.

I must add though that now I am speculating, since afaik this situation has not yet occured.

Edited by stevenl

Yes, there are, just check the threads, I recall reading about somebody receiving the rebate. But there has been nobody who has been able to substantiate any claim that the rebate is paid out in 5 parts.

My wife applied for the rebate, so I know the rules quite well, thank you. And since you are not able to substantiate your claims that it is not paid out in 1 lump sum, there is only conclusion: you really don't know the exact contents of the rebate rules.

I don't care too much whether or not it is polite to answer a question with another question, that is simply what happens when you pose a question that clearly shows you have some idea about the subject at hand but don't really know what you're talking about.

Rumors and more rumors. When you have something to actually report let us all know.

You should probably read the links before you call me a fool. No one on the link provided by Culcine a few posts earlier received a rebate. I didn't spread any rumors. I asked you if you had received a rebate or were just repeating information you had seen on the INTERNET.

That link clearly stated that the first rebates were paid, and there have been more people, also here on TV, stating they have received their rebate.

I'm out of here, there really is no point in this discussion when it now seems to be about the difference of the rebate being paid and being received.

• Like 1

I remember one of the posters here reported that they got a FULL rebate already,but they paid cash...so what's your point,cmk?Do you think(or know) that people who get the car on finance will not get it as promised,or will they get it in 20% installments?

You should probably read the links before you call me a fool. No one on the link provided by Culcine a few posts earlier received a rebate. I didn't spread any rumors. I asked you if you had received a rebate or were just repeating information you had seen on the INTERNET.

That link clearly stated that the first rebates were paid, and there have been more people, also here on TV, stating they have received their rebate.

I'm out of here, there really is no point in this discussion when it now seems to be about the difference of the rebate being paid and being received.

It would be simple to post if there was any truth to your assertion. So post the post provided by culcine that stated the rebate was paid.

I remember one of the posters here reported that they got a FULL rebate already,but they paid cash...so what's your point,cmk?Do you think(or know) that people who get the car on finance will not get it as promised,or will they get it in 20% installments?

Yes, but perhaps I am wrong. I am just trying to get the other guy to post one example of a person who got paid the full rebate when the auto was financed.

Edited by chiangmaikelly

Some more information from Deloitte Thailand.

Further to that, an interesting reading is the excise page FAQ...

Google translate gives:

Is necessary or not to purchase a loan with a repayment period of 5 years is a long / short or not more than 5 years [TOP].

Terms of payment is the right answer, but it is agreed upon by the buyer with the purchase. For this project. Buying a car is a must occupy not less than five years, except in accordance with the terms and conditions. The Ministry of Finance announced.

I can foreigners join the project or [TOP].

The right answer is to use the card as evidence in reference to foreigners, so the card can not be used without permission.

The transfer books of the waiver. The lease / vendor means a person who signed [TOP].

On the transfer of the waiver. Both cases of leasing and hire purchase cash if the signer is a person who is authorized by the company to be able to bind the company. The cash purchase. Vendor (showroom), not be signed at all. Because ownership has fallen to the buyer.

In short, what I can get from the broken english translation is this:

1° The First car program is not open to foreigners, but if they have a Thai they trust, they may still take advantage of the scheme (bearing in mind that the lawful owner will be the thai, not the foreigner).

2° Purchase on finance is allowed, because according to the Excise department, the property has fallen to the buyer from the moment of purchase (this can be defended, if the buyer's name is on the blue book and the finance company only withholds it as a warranty). Anyway, for the purpose of the excise tax, I believe the buyer is held as the owner of the car. It does not seem to say anything about the failure to pay off finance and whether this would entail a refund of the rebate to the Excise department.

As to the refund, no mention that it will be paid in installments anywhere.

post-156158-0-87910600-1353906523_thumb.

I know many people that have financed cars that have received checks.

Now, does anyone personally know anyone who was supposed to get a check for the tax rebate, but received less than they were entitled to?

Dave did they get 100% of the money due after the first 12 months?

That's what I think he meant...wink.png