Gateway Ekamai - Disappointing...

beachroadlover2

Walked through this Japanese themed mall with so few customers. Many of the restaurants are rehashed in so many other malls (Shabushi, for example) and all the Japanese kitsch is redundant. On the upper levels are phones and IT. Then a few schools and learning centers on the outdoor top floor which offers no views. (-1).

The food park is also extremely uninspiring. Lastly, one cannot get into the mall from the other end of the BTS platform that leads to Major Cineplex as the mall was built after the completion of the BTS.

I had a small backpack with me and there was nowhere to stow it while I looked around.

No need to go back for me.

Any thoughts?

post-167439-0-77514100-1353926772_thumb.

Not impressed by Gateway at all.

Much prefer Terminal 21, but only for the excellent food court on level 5.

Food court on the ground floor at Gateway is disappointing and no comparison.

Gateway is still new - but I honestly can't see it becoming popular and still think it will be quiet in another 1-2 years.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not impressed by Gateway at all.

Much prefer Terminal 21, but only for the excellent food court on level 5.

Food court on the ground floor at Gateway is disappointing and no comparison.

Gateway is still new - but I honestly can't see it becoming popular and still think it will be quiet in another 1-2 years.

In the Gateway food court, there is a new stall (cash only, no coupon) that makes omelets. 3 eggs with 4 ingredient choices for 40 baht! I know it's simple but I love omelets. I chose baby corns, mushrooms, ham, and onions. I was absolutely stuffed. Top value.

• Like 1