Roadside Fried-Banana Vendors Blamed For Traffic Jams; Snack Buyer's Will Be Fined Bt500

webfact

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vendors going car to car hardly impede traffic. They need to develop rules for all the food stalls. There seems to be nothing keeping the food stall operators from blocking sidewalks and streets. Also, there needs to be some regulation of hand-cart vendors who block traffic when they move their hand-carts. I guess someone at that police station doesn't like fried bananas, but it's kind of pointless to blame these vendors for obstructing traffic.

I can take you to a place near where I live, where tables and chairs are set up for people buying food and sitting there eating it blocking the whole pavement, any pedestrian walking past has to walk on a very busy road to get by, including children from a nearby high school. Why won't the BIB move them? I think we all know the answer to that.

Imagine if someone takes a picture of a Banana vendor selling to another person inside the car, but the picture that has been e-mailed picture attacment has been photo shop with with someone else license plate number.

Edited by mike123ca

That area has horrible traffic jams, but banana vendors aren't the cause of it. They are selling there because the traffic is gridlocked during the day.

The 500 baht fine for people buying bananas is interesting. That area is on the way from Khao San Road to the city center, so lots of tourists who won't know about the 500 baht fine.

Exactly. People are not stopping their cars to buy bananas, they are buying bananas because the traffic has stopped.

But when the traffic starts moving, some people are still buying bananas and cause further hold-ups. It happens with other sellers, and not just banana sellers. But the solution is to ban the sellers not fine the drivers.

If you stay with the logic that the BiB use, they go after the people with money. The people driving cars have the money and the vendors don't have that much. And they can get many more driving cars versus the single vendor. It's all about the money.

• Like 1

That area has horrible traffic jams, but banana vendors aren't the cause of it. They are selling there because the traffic is gridlocked during the day.

The 500 baht fine for people buying bananas is interesting. That area is on the way from Khao San Road to the city center, so lots of tourists who won't know about the 500 baht fine.

Exactly. People are not stopping their cars to buy bananas, they are buying bananas because the traffic has stopped.

But when the traffic starts moving, some people are still buying bananas and cause further hold-ups. It happens with other sellers, and not just banana sellers. But the solution is to ban the sellers not fine the drivers.

If you stay with the logic that the BiB use, they go after the people with money. The people driving cars have the money and the vendors don't have that much. And they can get many more driving cars versus the single vendor. It's all about the money.

Why would the BiB need to use any logic in this case. It seems to be a measure being introduced by a district office which comes under the control of the BMA.

Hub of fried-banana vendors ... whistling.gif

Brilliant!! The hub joke never gets tired!! What school of wit did you attend to become such a funny man?

ooh, some little puppy definately didn't get his end in last night.thumbsup.gif

Yes, I did, as it happens, but that doesn't make me any less irritated with the incessant dumbing down of this forum (ie: the only reason anyone complains is because they didn't get laid - bahahahaha!!).

I mean come on... the hub joke ...again? If there is a story about spoons, some 'wag' writes on the forum; "Thailand: hub of spoons!! hahaha!" I could have responded to your response with "Thailand: Hub of puppies that didn't get their ends away last night!" But that would have been as asinine as the puppy reference in the first place.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the hub joke has no wit whatsoever. It is a reference to a term that had its heyday about 10 years ago at the peak of Thaksin's ambition and braggadocio... it is tired, it is lame, it is weak, it is not funny... and worse, it is meaningless. Come on forum members, we deserve better... Let's retire the hub joke, shall we?

Brilliant!! The hub joke never gets tired!! What school of wit did you attend to become such a funny man?

Yes, I did, as it happens, but that doesn't make me any less irritated with the incessant dumbing down of this forum (ie: the only reason anyone complains is because they didn't get laid - bahahahaha!!).

I mean come on... the hub joke ...again? If there is a story about spoons, some 'wag' writes on the forum; "Thailand: hub of spoons!! hahaha!" I could have responded to your response with "Thailand: Hub of puppies that didn't get their ends away last night!" But that would have been as asinine as the puppy reference in the first place.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the hub joke has no wit whatsoever. It is a reference to a term that had its heyday about 10 years ago at the peak of Thaksin's ambition and braggadocio... it is tired, it is lame, it is weak, it is not funny... and worse, it is meaningless. Come on forum members, we deserve better... Let's retire the hub joke, shall we?

Wow, you sure are cranky. Maybe a couple beers will ease the pain. burp.gifburp.gif

Last time I was in BKK after dark Sukhumvit was filled with illegal bars blocking the foot-way, which promotes the drunks fighting, prostitution, damage, litter that inevitably goes with all night drinking apparently there have been numerous complaints from the local businesses and residences alike but as far as I am aware they are still there?

Were the public asked to 'snap' these illegal bars and post them on face book etc?

But poor old Joe public attempting to make ends meet selling a few bananas etc etc makes me sick! sick.gif

So lets put this into perspective.

If I am on the road and I see someone buying or selling some fried bananas, and decide to take a photo of the offender, then send the photo into the police and they will immediately conduct a nationwide hunt for these master criminals?

Why not just ban the roadside vendors in the first place and save all the bother? I mean, it can’t be too difficult to find these vendors, just give them a caution and tell them to move on.

Too much.cheesy.gif . Right next to hanging up the phone in the middle of your own sentence, to get rid of a waste of time complaint. "Send me pictures and we'll see what we can do"giggle.gifclap2.gif

Thaivisa - the hub of retired hub jokes - and the hub of people telling people that they disagree with to go back home.

So did anybody get fined yet for BUYING banana fritters, please let us know....thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

No, but maybe we TV'ers should be posted in that area and shoot all the thais who buy fried bananas and send it to that e-mail address with their plate number.

We are bound to hit one or the other guy higher than the police commissionner who will have him cease this joke...