Two Russian Females Arrested After South Pattaya Convenience Store “Incident”

Rimmer

A Thai jail will offer little fear for a Russian. Perhaps deporting them would be the best option as a warning to other scum bags.

Are you serious? They don't care about being locked up in a Thai prison? How did you come to that conclusion?

Agree, they come here cos they think noooooooooooooo problem. coffee1.gif

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Thai jail will offer little fear for a Russian. Perhaps deporting them would be the best option as a warning to other scum bags.

Are you serious? They don't care about being locked up in a Thai prison? How did you come to that conclusion?

Agree, they come here cos they think noooooooooooooo problem. coffee1.gif

The reasoning my Russian friend gave me for why there are so many Russians in jails here is that they come here thinking it's the wild west and they can get away with anything. Obviously they are wrong in their assumption and that is why so many end up in trouble.

As someone already pointed out.

One Russian lady hit a shop assistant with a plastic coke bottle, two Russian ladies were arrested.

Did they also arrest the shop assistant accused of stealing from the ladies?

7-11 have cameras, even the keystone cops could identify the correct assailant (and check if she were really short-changed at the same time) within five minutes.

I've got to the point of holding up and waving around 1,000bht notes and asking if they can change this amount before handing them over now. Too many shops, restaurants and bars doing the you only gave me 500 (or 100) bht scam.

Another Thai police victimize foreigners story.

I've never bee cheated in an 7-11 and I use them most days and often give 1000 baht notes. On a separate issue, I got a taxi a few month back and gave a 100 baht note for an 80 baht fare. I told him to keep the change and left the taxi. Then as I was walking away he got out of the taxi and shouted after me. He said I'd given him 500 baht not 100, so he gave me 400 baht change. He could easily have driven off, but he didn't. I'm not sure why so many on here get ripped off regularly while others never do. Either the places they hang out, or something about the people. Judging from the attitudes on many farangs on TV (not you TP) I'm not surprised that they get ripped off. I'd probably want to rip them off as well, for being so disrespectful.

Yes, it sometimes seems there are two Thailands, the one I live in and the one that seems to leave certain individuals in a perpetual state of rage.

I've never been short-changed by anyone, although on several occasions I've been given too much change. I think some farangs have personal issues that cause them a great deal of worry and they manage to direct their frustrations onto those around them.

I cannot understand why people who are so unhappy about their lives in Thailand do not just go back to wherever they found life to be so great.

I was waiting for the "go home if you dont like it " Brigade to jump on this and it didnt take surast69 and verdana long to jump in on that, dont get me wrong, I am not complaining about Thailand, I have lived here 32 years thats almost twice as long as I lived in my "home" country, but, yes, I have been shortchanged on a few occasions, I have had taxi drivers try to pull a fast one on me and I have been mugged in broad daylight. Does that make me hate Thailand...no, not at all, I figure that I could have had the same treatment in my own country if I stayed there for 32 years. It does, however, make me take exception with every poster who gushes about how wonderful they find Thailand, Hey...wake up, I find it wonderful too, but I realise that like every other country in the world, there are good people and there are bad people here. Dont shoot down everyone who posts a bad experience, it happens.

regards

I think that if short changing is happening at 7, its usually a mistake, like charging you double for something, which happened to me. Then there is Big C, I often buy the discounted items, and get to the check out, and its the original price. But that has happened often in my home country, its just incompetence, not actually ripping anyone off. The outdoor markets sometimes short change too, but its often because, they just cannot count, and have to use a calculator, to add two numbers together. Kinda like the tourist shops, they just punch a bunch of keys, then show you a number, nothing is calculated, just a game.

As for the Russians hitting the girl over the head with a bottle, not very cool at all. But as far as one commit about them looking like hookers, Hey, this is a f.....g resort town! how are they supposed to dress? Also, the news stories here, have a lot to be desired, mainly, there not very accurate, and when they are called on it, they just get very quite. Most of the news stories just dont add up, and usually are full of unnecessary info, like someones address. Since there are never any follow up stories, we will never know what the outcome will be, and what actually happened.

As someone already pointed out.

One Russian lady hit a shop assistant with a plastic coke bottle, two Russian ladies were arrested.

Did they also arrest the shop assistant accused of stealing from the ladies?

7-11 have cameras, even the keystone cops could identify the correct assailant (and check if she were really short-changed at the same time) within five minutes.

I've got to the point of holding up and waving around 1,000bht notes and asking if they can change this amount before handing them over now. Too many shops, restaurants and bars doing the you only gave me 500 (or 100) bht scam.

Another Thai police victimize foreigners story.

100 and 1000 baht notes can easily be confused, especially by first time tourists and people with poor eyesight. They're just different shades of brown and nearly the same size.

My guess is that the Russians thought they were handing over a 1000 baht note.

I've accidentally handed over a 500 baht note instead of a 100 baht to street vendors. The edges of those notes are nearly the same colour. I didn't get the change and didn't realise my mistake until later when I noticed my 500 baht note was missing.

Ah, the Father of The Forum has imparted more widom for the readership. I'm certain that T is correct (isn't he always telling us so?) but, to my eyes the 100 baht note is red and the 1,000 baht note is grey. The 1,000 baht note is also longer than the 100 baht note. But T has decreed that the notes are "just different shades of brown" so there we have it. We are truly blessed to have an information resource like Mr T on our humble forum :) :) :)

• Like 1

What is the problem I have lived in Thailand for Ten years and have NEVER been ripped off either at 7/11 or petrol stations etc.

What am I doing wrong do I not look rich/drunk enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Peter.

You are the lucky one that has never had a short changing experience. Perhaps you live out side the tourist areas and good for you. Short changing does happen and it does not mean that all Thais are dishonest- but a few are.

Hope your good luck continues!

Lance

Happened to me in Bangkok at the 7-11 next to my apartment of the time.

New girl on the till. Gave in 1000 Baht for goods totalling 114 Baht. Received 786 Baht change.

I just noticed when I was 3 steps out of the door. Turned straight round. and walked back in. As soon as I opened my mouth to say the change was short, she shoved a 100 Baht note into my hands. She was trying it on and had an exit strategy worked out if it didn't work. Guilty as hell. She wasn't there 2 days later.

But back to the story, we will never know the truth as this is news from Pattaya and there never is any follow-up.

But the plot will always remain the same, someone will have to pay the cops.