Osotspa Clan Member Alleges B293Mn Land Swindle Off Phuket

webfact

Osotspa clan member alleges B293mn land swindle off Phuket

Phuket Gazette

os.jpeg

Saowanee Osathanugrah (right) of the famous Thai “Osotspa” family renowned for its M-150 and Shark energy drinks, files her complaint with Phang Nga Police over the alleged land swindle by her estranged husband. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- Saowanee Osathanugrah, a member of the famous Thai “Osotspa” family, has filed a complaint against her husband for allegedly trying to swindle her out of land on Koh Yao Yai, an island off Phuket, valued at 293 million baht.

Osotspa Co Ltd, known worldwide for its M-150 and Shark energy drinks, last year reported a total operating income of about 2.1 billion baht.

Ms Saowanee, however, is embroiled in a drawn-out divorce from her estranged husband Chinnawes Sarasas.

She filed a complaint with Koh Yao Police Deputy Superintendent Sinchai Srikhumklip on Tuesday, alleging that Mr Chinnawes had used her forged signature on land ownership transfer documents in an attempt to acquire the land through a hotel company.

“I married Mr Chinnawes in 1977. In 1996, we agreed to buy three plots of land and register Mr Chinnawes as the owner,” Ms Saowanee explained to police.

The three plots, covering a total area of 17 rai, were all registered with the Phang Nga Land Office and were issued NorSor 3 Kor (NS3) titles, numbered 1132, 1280 1261.

“On November 24, 2003, Mr Chinnawes, Mr Suthi Sirprathum and Ms Phinya Chusa-nguanpong created a land ownership transfer document with my forged signature on it,” Ms Saowanee alleged.

“The document says that I agreed to transfer [ownership of] those three plots of land to Pakoh Hotel Co Ltd. I have never known anything about this,” she added.

Ms Saowanee also accused Mr Chinnawes of using her forged signature on copies of her house registration book and her ID card to attach to the land transfer document.

“Later, on December 18, 2003, Mr Chinnawes, on behalf of Pakoh Hotel Co Ltd management committee, authorized Mr Suthi to present the copies of my forged personal documents and the forged land transfer document to Koh Yao Land Office officials to register and conduct the transfer of the three plots of land to Pakoh Hotel Co Ltd,” she alleged.

Ms Saowanee did not explain exactly when she became aware of the alleged forgeries and the transfer of the land in question.

However, Suwat Apaiphuk, Mrs Saowanee’s lawyer, told the Phuket Gazette, “We found out about this after we discovered her forged signature was used by her ‘ex-husband’ [sic] to conduct a transfer of land ownership in Udon Thani.

“Ms Saowanee filed for divorce at Prachuap Khiri Khan Provincial Court in 2010. That application is still being processed by the court,” he added.

Regardless, Ms Saowanee stood firm in her resolve to not relinquish the land to her “ex-beloved”.

“The three plots were acquired during marriage, so no matter what Mr Chinnawes is going to do with them, he has to have my permission,” she said.

According to the Stock Exchange of Thailand, Pakoh Hotel Company, which operates from the registered address of 56 Moo 5 Koh Yao Noi, Phang Nga, 82160, was forced to hold a debt-restructuring meeting with TMB Asset Management Co Ltd in January this year in order to come to some “conciliatory” resolution with investors.

For more detailed information about the long-running problems encountered by Pakoh hotel Co, read Phuket Gazette property columnist Bill Barnett’s report dating back to 2010 (click here).

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/archives/articles/2012/article19599.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-11-29

Since when has a piece of land 17rai been worth 293 m bht 6 million uk pounds I think they forget this is a 3rd world country sometimes

supply and demand old boy , i used to think the same , but try buying a few acres in the SEof england , it will be a similar price and nothing like an island paradise like koh yai , with more russian and chinese milionares interested in thai property , i would say its a good investment for thais ., .....their not slow at being forward where money is concerned, as you surely know .
  • Like 1

Since when has a piece of land 17rai been worth 293 m bht 6 million uk pounds I think they forget this is a 3rd world country sometimes

supply and demand old boy , i used to think the same , but try buying a few acres in the SEof england , it will be a similar price and nothing like an island paradise like koh yai , with more russian and chinese milionares interested in thai property , i would say its a good investment for thais ., .....their not slow at being forward where money is concerned, as you surely know .

I see what your saying and agree with you but this happened in 2003 so 10 years ago ,it may be worth 293 today with a big hotel sitting on it but 10 years ago when the alleged fraud happened I don't think it would have even been worth a quarter of that price.

She has only really lost what she actually paid for it which you can bet your life wasn't much at all.

Just re read original post they actually bought it in 1996 I bet it was well under 1 million bht for the whole lot probably no where even near 1 million it would have had no chanote no water no electric they probably offered some Muslim fishing people a pittance for it.

We know an old lady who bought loads of land around krabi for 500 bht a rai many years ago beachfront land around ao nang was going for 2000 bht a rai around 20 years ago

Edited by taninthai