What Visa And Where From?

Hi,

My wife has been living in UK for only a month now on the 2 year (settlement?) visa. We're considering a brief trip to Paris in spring, maybe just for a few days.

Does she need to apply for a Schengen visa? Is this easy to get?

Could the the trip have any bad effect on her UK visa and her future chance of getting ILR?

Thanks.

Yes she does need a visa unfortunately as the UK is not a part of the Schengen visa area. You should visit the French embassy's site in the UK for the exact application detail.

I don't know of the ease of getting the visa, but I doubt it would be too difficult given that she has been granted settlement in the UK.

As for the chances of getting ILR, short holidays normally don't affect a persons eligibility. IT is only when you leave the country for extended periods of time that this starts to matter.

Easy....and if you are a UK/EU citizen its free.

We have discussed this before and in detail but basically if you live within the M25 you gotta make an appointment down in South Ken.at the French Consul and collect,but if outside just fill in the form and send it in.(on internet) :o allow a couple of weeks....