24H Veterinary Bangkok / Kitten Milk

kawaiimomo

About 3-4 weeks is old enough to start being weaned anyway. Buy some kitten milk from a pet store (do NOT give her cows milk) and put it in a shallow dish at room temperature. Kittens learn to eat by watching and copying their mother so you're 'mum' now.biggrin.png She shouldn't need to be bottle fed, just rub some milk around her mouth and she'll lick it off.

Once she has started lapping the formula milk you're away. Add a small amount of wet food to it and mash it up well - no large lumps she might choke on. A thin porridge or gruel consistency is fine. Gradually increase the wet food until she's eating normally.

Good luck and well done for giving a waif a home.thumbsup.gif

Edited by SimonD
  • Like 2

About 3-4 weeks is old enough to start being weaned anyway. Buy some kitten milk from a pet store (do NOT give her cows milk) and put it in a shallow dish at room temperature. Kittens learn to eat by watching and copying their mother so you're 'mum' now.biggrin.png She shouldn't need to be bottle fed, just rub some milk around her mouth and she'll lick it off.

Once she has started lapping the formula milk you're away. Add a small amount of wet food to it and mash it up well - no large lumps she might choke on. A thin porridge or gruel consistency is fine. Gradually increase the wet food until she's eating normally.

Good luck and well done for giving a waif a home.thumbsup.gif

Great post.

OP if you can't get kittens milk tonight, you can boil chicken and rice and let the broth cool in a shallow dish and follow SimonD's advice.

Cows milk - cats are lactose intolerant and will get the runs

Tuna juice never ever - it can cause polioencephlomalacia

Good luck

• Like 2

Thanks for the great replies, guys. I have raised several cats with powder milk and feeding bottle before, the problem is I found this small one very late and all the shops were already closed. I started calling 24h vets and all of them kept telling me the shop was closed (so they could check the kitten but not sell any milk). Finally I found Metta clinic in Lad Phrao 106 and went there.

The cat is just dehydrated probably because she has spent all the day without drinking or eating. Got some goat milk and wet food in syringes which should do for tonight. Hopefully she will feel stronger soon and start eating on her own.

Once more, thanks for the support and the helpful advice ;-)

Edit: BTW I just moved 2 weeks ago to a house because I wanted to have cats same as back home. This girlie came in the right time :)

Edited by kawaiimomo
  • Like 2

This is just after I found her. Now doesn't look so scared and is more lively after eating smile.pngpost-121934-0-86296100-1354218095_thumb.

Mark Twain:

In his "Pudd'nhead Wilson," Wilson says:

"A home without a cat--and a well-fed, well-petted and properly revered cat--may be a perfect home, perhaps, but how can it prove title?"

Jean Cocteau

"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul."

Edited by tinfoilhat
  • Like 2