What Visa Is Needed

Hi my friend from the uk is from malta but has been here 50 years and has il,r has a thai wife who got her ilr last yea.r wishes to bring her daughter from thailand to come live with them, the father of the child is out of the picture and the child lives with her mother who is all for it, what visa should she apply for, and will the child get automatic ilr because my friend and his wife are already resident in the uk, and how much does the visa cost, any further help would be great as it is hard to find everything on the british customs web site thank you

Maybe you need to specify what passport everyone concerned holds, then Im sure someone in here (as reliable as Wikipaedia!!) will be able to give words of wisdom.

Have you (or your friend) spoken to a UK embassy to get their advice? This should be the surest way to get accurate information.

Facetious comments aside, I hope you find the answers you need. Good luck.

Maybe you need to specify what passport everyone concerned holds, then Im sure someone in here (as reliable as Wikipaedia!!) will be able to give words of wisdom.

Have you (or your friend) spoken to a UK embassy to get their advice? This should be the surest way to get accurate information.

Facetious comments aside, I hope you find the answers you need. Good luck.

my friend has a maltese passport and his wife has athai passport but i dont think that makes any difference as they both have indefinate leave to remain which is that they are both settled in this country,

In that case, I think the place you need to look is at this page http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/children/ This URL definitely refers to people with ilr who wish to bring children to the UK.. I hope it helps you!

You could also try posting your query in the Visa forum, where there might be more chance of finding someone knowledgeable.

You mention that "the father of the child is out of the picture". Well, perhaps not quite so as his signature will probably be required to get the daughter a Thai passport. He might even have to chop off on a UK visa form, don't really know about that.

Unless, of course, the mother in the UK, or the grandmother here, already has legal custody of the daughter.

Mac

its would easier if your friend's wife not married to the child's father, because its easy to get child custody form and the travel form for the child can be able to get her passport before she can apply for a visa, as im trying to bring my son too. good luck. but maybe 7by7 will be able to give you some advise

Have a read of the relevant sections of UK Settlement Visa Basics and the links from there. these should tell you most of what you need to know.

Please feel free to ask further questions on anything you are unsure about.

Note that as your friend's wife has ILR they will not need to meet the new financial requirement, but will need to show that they can support and accommodate the child without recourse to public funds.

The biggest hurdle is showing that your friend's wife has been exercising sole responsibility over the child while they have been separated; having sole custody is not enough.

EEA Family Permit now - not Settlement Visa.

I got my Irish Passport in two weeks and now going to Thailand to see my family for Christmas. Havnt seen them for over a year. My wife and her daughter will be applying for EEA Family Permit.

Although her daughter is mentioned in the VAF5 form do we make two seperate applications. Her daughter is 17. Please help. Thanks