Christmas, A Time For Reflection And Rememberance

wayned

Christmas is a time of joy to be shared with family and friends; however, it is also a time of reflection and remembrance. I was sitting here this morning and doing just that and someone came to mind. He was one of us!

He worked for an oil company in Nigeria and spent his time off here in Thailand, at first in Chaweng and then in Ranong. He lived the life of a well off farang, frequenting the bars every night and eventually meeting the love of his life. He got married and moved to Ranong, his wife’s hometown and did all of the loving things for his wife’s family, new house, new car, etc.

Then one night, February 3, 2008, someone came into his house and ended his life with a bullet to his head. In the investigation of his death, the BIB determined that his wife and Thai boyfriend had hired a hitman to shoot him. It was all because of MONEY, a large insurance policy for over 30 million baht. They were convicted and sent to jail for life.

His name was Dale Henry, some of you may remember him because of his eyes. He had Strabismus, or wandering eye, where his eyes never looked in the same direction. I knew him well and for that matter knew his wife who seemed like a nice person. He was a happy person and really loved Thailand and his new wife, Nee. But all that came to a sudden end and all because of money.

I can only hope that his killers are still rotting in a Thai prison and have not been part of the past Royal Pardons or will be released during this year’s pardons. I don’t know how to check and, to be honest, don’t really want to know. The result would probably not surprise me, but most likely would upset me.

So let’s remember Dale and realize that it could have easily happened to one of us.

The original story is here if you want to read it: http://www.canada.co...73d9cc0&k=40945

Edited by wayned
  • Like 1

Not really Samui related, but in turn it is ..

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

He spent most of his time and met his wife in Samui and evan lived there for a while after they were married before he moved to Ranong. He used to drink in my bar every night and many of us "old Farts" might remember him as "Dell" since the Thai's couldn't pronouce his name. . If the Mods think it should be moved to "general" then have at it. It was just posted as a rememberance to him and a silent warning. It is definitely Thai related.