Glass Supplier

DD13

Hi Folks

Can somebody please recommend a reliable window/glass supplier..... I have to replace a cracked pane.... 1.200 x 2.100 (12mm) heat reflecting (green)

Many thanks

Edited by DD13

Would have been much more interesting if you'd have thrown in the story of how the glass came to be cracked.

Bit dull as it is.

You see, if I said to you that I happen to have a particularly finely scarred bottom .......... it would I expect capture interested, in that you'd at least wonder 'how did that happen?'

Actually, a friend of mine, a mere colleague at the time told a tale when as a young man, drunk and dostracted by two young women, he fell naked backwards through a plate glass door.

Drunk, cut and bleading, the overwhelming concern was to cover his embarrassment. That is, his nakedness. Despite severe wounds and the gushing of arterial blood he struggled to put on his pants despite their efforts to help him.

The moral of the story was thata he never touched drink again.

As for the glass ......... well, that was easily replaced.

Now ask yourself, who would you like to come across in a bar. Me, the raconteur who would regale you with tid bits of the unusual or your good self who would order a beer and comment on how hot it's been today?

Would have been much more interesting if you'd have thrown in the story of how the glass came to be cracked.

Bit dull as it is.

You see, if I said to you that I happen to have a particularly finely scarred bottom .......... it would I expect capture interested, in that you'd at least wonder 'how did that happen?'

Actually, a friend of mine, a mere colleague at the time told a tale when as a young man, drunk and dostracted by two young women, he fell naked backwards through a plate glass door.

Drunk, cut and bleading, the overwhelming concern was to cover his embarrassment. That is, his nakedness. Despite severe wounds and the gushing of arterial blood he struggled to put on his pants despite their efforts to help him.

The moral of the story was thata he never touched drink again.

As for the glass ......... well, that was easily replaced.

Now ask yourself, who would you like to come across in a bar. Me, the raconteur who would regale you with tid bits of the unusual or your good self who would order a beer and comment on how hot it's been today?

Point taken

So here is the story

Came home one afternoon and discovered the crack in the glass......

Some scenarios

1). The last gardener leant against it with her "ample" posteria while she was making one of her "endless" telephone calls when she should have been working. (needless to say now dismissed)

2). More than likely ....it had been poorly fitted ("askew")...... causing uneven pressure, finally cracking it

3). Movement in the foundation.....As a retired developer that was the first thing that I thought of, but no sign of cracks etc.

so the order of suspicion is 2-1-3

Lucky for all of you I don't drink so there is no fear of me boring anyone in a bar with this story

THE END (of this story)

Any other supplier suggestions very welcome

It is 12mm thick

Edited by DD13

There is one on Pattaya Klang on the left as you go towards Suk. I can never remember exactly which section but think it is after third road but before Big C Extra - it is set back with some other shops off the main road.

The owner and a woman there (his wife?) speak reasonable English.

12mm and that size sounds expensive.....

There is one on Pattaya Klang on the left as you go towards Suk. I can never remember exactly which section but think it is after third road but before Big C Extra - it is set back with some other shops off the main road.

The owner and a woman there (his wife?) speak reasonable English.

12mm and that size sounds expensive.....

Thanks for info

You are right I fear that it will be expensive......