Schengen Not Arrived After A Month. Leaving Thailand In 9 Days.

My wife and I are visitng Uk leaving Thailand on 12th Dec. We also planned a trip to Schengen area starting in Italy in January.

We applied on Nov 6th for a Schengen. The website says that decisions will be made in a maximum of 15 days so this seemed plenty of time. We have still heard back nothing.

When we call VFS they say they are processing it and they havent heard anything back from the Embasssy.

Its starting to get very close to our departure date. Any suggestions what we can do? VFS aren't much use and when I call the Embassy it just gives the phone number for VFS anyway.

I tried emailing the italian embassy and no reply either.

We are not that fussed about getting the Schengen or not but if the passport doesnt come back in time we are well and truly f$%^ed

Have you tried this number? though I suspect you will not get past the switchboard and they will refer you back to VFS.

27th Fl. CRC Tower, All Seasons Place,

87 Wireless Road , Lumpini, Phatumwan

Bangkok 10330 Tel 00662/250-4970

Yes thats basically what happened. On the website it says its 15 days maximum to make a decision but in some cases it can take 30 days. I'll give them a couple more days then I'll have to try a differnet tactic.

I think you need to send VFS a polite but robust email outlining when the application was submitted and the fact that your travel plans took account of the information provided on their website, asking them to make contact with the Italian Visa Section and report back to you.

At least this way you have a paper trail if you want escalate before your departure date.

• Like 1

I think you need to send VFS a polite but robust email outlining when the application was submitted and the fact that your travel plans took account of the information provided on their website, asking them to make contact with the Italian Visa Section and report back to you.

At least this way you have a paper trail if you want escalate before your departure date.

I sent a strongly worded email (to VFS and the embassy) and got a reply back saying that I should expect it to be slow as it was peak season and it is being processed. Its getting very close now as we leave on wednesday morning. What's more is we live on Samui so they have to send the passport to us here which will take 2 days. Basically we only have from today (wednesday) to friday for the passport to arrive abck at VFS or we are going to have to fly to Bangkok to collect it (assuming it even turns up).

Wonder if I can sue them if the passport comes back after our departure date? If we dont get the passport back we will be out of pocket over 200,000 THB.