Phillishave Electric Razor Spares

melsnet

You'll be lucky. I took mine to Ahorn (????) in the basement ot Tukcom who swore they could replace a lost blade. four weeks later the shaver was still gathering dust on the shelves. they'd accepted the repair rather than say 'NO' outright - TIT

To be fair you don't see a lot of electric shavers in Thailand.

Braun shaver parts are available from importer/distributor Diethelm on Sukhumvit Rd. Bangkok very close to Bang Chak Skytrain station. If you go there the sign outside used to say "Diethelm" but is now DKSH. Telephone 027908135. Very helpful people who speak English also.

If the price of new heads is the same here as it is in Australia then it will be cheaper to throw the thing away and get a new one, I see three head Philishaves here in Chiang Mai for 2,700 Baht. Incidentally I have just thrown three Philishaves in the bin this past week as they were blunt, I can not get more than six months decent cutting from one.

They are listed on ebay .co.uk,but a better deal is a new phillips HQ6990 with free postage from china only £21.00 to buy outwright cheaper than a set of heads up to you!!!!

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Sounds the best option will take your advice

Just bought a Philips hq6990rechargable shaver for myself by bidding off ebay .co.uk I won it for $21 us dollars about £13.50 including free postage to my house pattaya posted from china

I find that very intrigueing. Maybe it is just me but can you explain how you get a shaver off a UK Ebay site but pay in $US and it is shipped free from China?

That particular model (ie genuine new from Philips) retails in UK for normally over £50 although appears to be over 4 years old. You have bought a new one havent you.........

Philips shavers here in China are normally more expensive than in the UK.

I imagine that price would hardly cover the postage?

Edited by topt

Braun shaver parts are available from importer/distributor Diethelm on Sukhumvit Rd. Bangkok very close to Bang Chak Skytrain station. If you go there the sign outside used to say "Diethelm" but is now DKSH. Telephone 027908135. Very helpful people who speak English also.

If the price of new heads is the same here as it is in Australia then it will be cheaper to throw the thing away and get a new one, I see three head Philishaves here in Chiang Mai for 2,700 Baht. Incidentally I have just thrown three Philishaves in the bin this past week as they were blunt, I can not get more than six months decent cutting from one.

You know you are supposed to clean them regularly........wink.png

I find that I have to work a lot harder to get a close shave in Pattaya then I do even here in Guangzhou - and that is using the same shaver. The heads were/are supposed to be self sharpening but if you mix up the blades and cover when you clean them it takes a while for them self sharpen again - or so I was taught a long time ago.

Just bought a Philips hq6990rechargable shaver for myself by bidding off ebay .co.uk I won it for $21 us dollars about £13.50 including free postage to my house pattaya posted from china

I find that very intrigueing. Maybe it is just me but can you explain how you get a shaver off a UK Ebay site but pay in $US and it is shipped free from China?

That particular model (ie genuine new from Philips) retails in UK for normally over £50 although appears to be over 4 years old. You have bought a new one havent you.........

What it retails for in China has nothing to do with anything I buy the Sonicare stuff, inc head for anything from $18 they are £ 60 in the UK

What it retails for in China has nothing to do with anything I buy the Sonicare stuff, inc head for anything from $18 they are £ 60 in the UK

Please explain exactly why it is not relevant? Do i understand that your Sonicare is also coming from China? From ebay or anither site - please share.

Please explain exactly why it is not relevant? Do i understand that your Sonicare is also coming from China? From ebay or anither site - please share.

Not exclusively China ,Korea and HK too. Put in what you want into E Bay then start scrolling. You can leave bid on a lot of stuff too.The prices are not fixed either,you will see the same item probably the following week up or down by 50% or so As far as I'm concerned it is genuine stuff,never been let down Edited by pinfold

Impossible to get decent shave in the tropics using electric shaver. The oil on the skin through perspiration makes the cutters skim over the hair. Can use rubbing alcohol bought through pharmacies use as pre electric shave,it evaporates instantly leaving skin dry. The singer machine oil sold through many outlets is thin oil that a few drops on cutters lubricate them ,after 2 or 3 shaves it dissipates,enough for smooth shave